What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

ULMW

Keep on battling TW666 am sure the results will be magnificent! How about keeping that popcorn for bubble hash? No need to waste good THC.... Lol! Happy harvest!

deepwaterdude

I've been going on these all day and only got a one and a half finished. What a job. The limbs are so long and stretchy and so much to trim. I'm throwing out the shit on the bottom, it just drys up to nothing anyway. I hate popcorns.

Awesome to hear there's a ton to trim. :woohoo: Suspected as much;) I'd cob the lowers or hash 'em out like ULMW says. I didn't lollipop at all this grow and'll have a bunch of it myself. A pic or two of a trimmed bud wouldn't be unwelcome:biggrin:

Texicwaste666

Deep Water Dude asked for some pics of the trimmed buds

Deep Water Dude asked for some pics of the trimmed buds

these are all from the small shitty plant in the back right of the grow pics, and half of the small right front one. This is taking most of my dry rack, so I will hang the rest in the flower room

20170905_125955.jpg

20170905_130025.jpg

once dry, the burnt leaves will just become part of the mix or fall off.
20170905_130047.jpg

This a little more than one plant. The buds are rich and big. You can't see it but the trays are almost full, just keeping it from piling up and risking mold.
20170905_125839.jpg

20170905_130202.jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

more pics

more pics

these little shits i will cob. i was just starting to cut em down at this point.
20170905_130113.jpg

if you know how big these hanging trays are, you will get an idea of how big these buds are
20170905_130121.jpg

View attachment 426838

as go I will keep posting final pics and thoughts. This stuff here i'm showing now is the smallest and crummiest of the lot ( and these are sweet). I still have the two big ones and the rest of the the front one on the right in the grow pics. As they dry out I will keep the trim going until they are all cut, stemmed and in cobs and bottles. I expect to lose about 50% in weight loss of sweat.

Attachments

• 20170905_130058.jpg
    20170905_130058.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Texicwaste666

some more pics of trimmed buds

some more pics of trimmed buds

these are from the biggest plant, all have stems that are at least three feet long and packed
20170906_105852.jpg

20170906_105859.jpg

20170906_105905.jpg

20170906_105917.jpg

20170906_105925.jpg

Texicwaste666

more pics

more pics

So, the good the bad, and the ugly. well, actually, even with some ups and downs in the grow this Malawi has proven to be superior genes. Thoughts? Don't go over 1.2 ec if using liquid nutes, watch root zone ph, watch the light intensity to keep from light burn, but over all, just watch the magic happen.

2 ft long and packed with goodness
20170906_110028.jpg

View attachment 426991

View attachment 426993

Attachments

• 20170906_110154.jpg
    20170906_110154.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ULMW

:greenstars:

Super show! Amazing results. Great to hear your relating to this plant and her genetics so fondly.

Gonna be a funky Fall and Winter with all that good herb there.
Have you already popped the Malawi x Panama? I think you will like her. I also highly recommend Violeta. She is eye and head candy & fast too!!!

Peace

Texicwaste666

:greenstars:

Super show! Amazing results. Great to hear your relating to this plant and her genetics so fondly.

Gonna be a funky Fall and Winter with all that good herb there.
Have you already popped the Malawi x Panama? I think you will like her. I also highly recommend Violeta. She is eye and head candy & fast too!!!

Peace
not gonna start the M/P till I get this all done and ready , about a month. I have Violeta, and Malawi/PCK beans. Is the Violeta a good buzz? It sure is pretty to look at. I think I am more interested in getting some Golden Tiger beans and doing that with the M/P, but first this. i have one more plant to bring in, then done. I am going to start my cobs tomorrow, then sweat the rest in paper bags, then vacbag them. Any cool curing suggestions are always welcome. And thanks DWD for stopping me from chopping them down in week 6

deepwaterdude

And I'll pass that right along to Tangwena and others who kept ME from chopping my puppies til they were dogs;)

Hey, how dry are the buds you're gonna cob? I think the master says they should be almost smokeable.

ULMW

TW666, The Violeta is killer! Looks so pretty and seems so harmless with her nice mystical bouquet, but do not let that fool ya, or she will put ya on da floor with her Malawi Roots! Truly an Ace Gem. The color alone is the first but then she stacks on the resin and has such a great unique terpene profile, became an instant fan.
Enjoy the Original Malawi!

Texicwaste666

And I'll pass that right along to Tangwena and others who kept ME from chopping my puppies til they were dogs;)

Hey, how dry are the buds you're gonna cob? I think the master says they should be almost smokeable.
I'm gonna start shoving some of the smaller ones in a husk tomorrow and just keep going daily till I do three or four. I am also going to do ULMW's paper bag method. Man this stuff smells so good, hope it stays that way .