What's new

Malawi feminized

ULMW

Greetings TW666,
Glad all going so well. As Tangwena noted tryvdrop the humidity now and dry them somewhat by less feeding and less watering. Squeeze that resin out. I find 40% Humidity upto a 50% max is workable for final couple of weeks flowering.
Curing wise there is Tangwena the Cob expert here with a whole thread on the traditional Malawi cob cure.
Generally as you no doubt know, after a drying period or 5 days they then go onto the curing and that is with about 62% hunidity and should take from two to three months tosignificantly alter the plants acids and sugars into active resin loaded with THC and Cannabanoids. The Terpenexprofile also needs about two to 3 months to begin expressing itself fully.
After 3 months curing the herb can continue to be stored fior a number of years if kept in correct containers and suitably stable storage environment.
Simons method of curing can easily be found online searches.
I use a brown grocery bag for a sweat to get my buds curing evenly after a few days drying I put the branches in the bag and fold it closed. I store it in my tent to keep smells down using the carbon filter to help this. Each day for a week I open the bag for a twenty minutes or so and ritate the branches. By the end of the week about 10 to 12 days from harvest I find I can transfer them to either glass mason jars and cure them in there with a Boveda 62% Hunidity pack. I also have some nice Tight Vac containers which work really well and give a smooth cure and they are dark instead of transparant like mason jars, so less light degrading of THC on the buds this way.
Hope these ideas are of some help. Happy growing! Happy harvest!

Texicwaste666

Greetings TW666,
Glad all going so well. As Tangwena noted tryvdrop the humidity now and dry them somewhat by less feeding and less watering. Squeeze that resin out. I find 40% Humidity upto a 50% max is workable for final couple of weeks flowering.
Curing wise there is Tangwena the Cob expert here with a whole thread on the traditional Malawi cob cure.
Generally as you no doubt know, after a drying period or 5 days they then go onto the curing and that is with about 62% hunidity and should take from two to three months tosignificantly alter the plants acids and sugars into active resin loaded with THC and Cannabanoids. The Terpenexprofile also needs about two to 3 months to begin expressing itself fully.
After 3 months curing the herb can continue to be stored fior a number of years if kept in correct containers and suitably stable storage environment.
Simons method of curing can easily be found online searches.
I use a brown grocery bag for a sweat to get my buds curing evenly after a few days drying I put the branches in the bag and fold it closed. I store it in my tent to keep smells down using the carbon filter to help this. Each day for a week I open the bag for a twenty minutes or so and ritate the branches. By the end of the week about 10 to 12 days from harvest I find I can transfer them to either glass mason jars and cure them in there with a Boveda 62% Hunidity pack. I also have some nice Tight Vac containers which work really well and give a smooth cure and they are dark instead of transparant like mason jars, so less light degrading of THC on the buds this way.
Hope these ideas are of some help. Happy growing! Happy harvest!
thanks UL, I appreciate the help there. What size grocery bags do you use. I think I am going to try a few different ways this time. Tangwena sent his cob instructions and I will definitely do that, and your method is the same as I usually do except for the sweat, I am going to do that. Man, you guys have helped so much, thanks from the heart. Trichs are all cloudy now, but no amber so they are ready in a week.

Mr.Revolution

Hey Texic ive been lurking as i have one of these going myself. If this your first grow good job.
I use the same sweat method as ULMW. You look like you gone have a good size harvest so i would use the large ones. Come to think of it i think most grocery stores only have the large ones ime. I usually fill it 1/2 - 3/4 way full and fold the top down just enough that im not crushing/compacting the buds. ULMW may do it a lil diff im sure he will give more detail if you need it. Hope this helps.
You gone knock it out thebpark next time. Just be more patient and remember less is more with bottled nutes

Texicwaste666

Almost time

Almost time

i will post some pics monday, and then after that I will start the hauling in process. All the trichs are cloudy now, but don't really see any gold. But they are ready and so am I.

ULMW

Greetings TW666,
Well done ! My how time flies when you are having fun!
Super job on your first run with these plants. I witness your development as a grower with these long flowering types! Well done again ! It takes more patience and plenty of enthusiasm to sit for 14 weeks nursing a plant thru to harvest. On top of that you found time to document your grow. It will provide bounties of knowledge and pictoral pleasantries for generations to come. Thank you for taking time to share this grow with us all. May you be blessed with Malawi's finest by the arm full!!!
I am already looking forward to your Malawi x Panama grow! My girl of same type is now 2 weeks into flower so she just a stretch and take in as much light as I can give. You will live the Malawi x Panama too , I think!
Enjoy your week's end TW666 you deserve the rest as come Monday you got plenty trees to chop!!!
Peace and As Always , Happy Growing! ULMW

Texicwaste666

fuck it here are the last pics before the chop

fuck it here are the last pics before the chop

the leaves are all yellow and cleaned out, they are ready to come in on Mon. big job. I'm going to put them in the dark tomorrow.

20170902_184156.jpg

20170902_184049.jpg

20170902_184040.jpg

20170902_184031.jpg

20170902_184016.jpg

Texicwaste666

Greetings TW666,
Well done ! My how time flies when you are having fun!
Super job on your first run with these plants. I witness your development as a grower with these long flowering types! Well done again ! It takes more patience and plenty of enthusiasm to sit for 14 weeks nursing a plant thru to harvest. On top of that you found time to document your grow. It will provide bounties of knowledge and pictoral pleasantries for generations to come. Thank you for taking time to share this grow with us all. May you be blessed with Malawi's finest by the arm full!!!
I am already looking forward to your Malawi x Panama grow! My girl of same type is now 2 weeks into flower so she just a stretch and take in as much light as I can give. You will live the Malawi x Panama too , I think!
Enjoy your week's end TW666 you deserve the rest as come Monday you got plenty trees to chop!!!
Peace and As Always , Happy Growing! ULMW
i just hope it turns out ok and I can get a buzz.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Nice Nice Nice! I hope you end up with a little more than you expected. Peace

Texicwaste666

Hope n pray you getting a nice lump of scissor hash to help reward your labors!
I've been going on these all day and only got a one and a half finished. What a job. The limbs are so long and stretchy and so much to trim. I'm throwing out the shit on the bottom, it just drys up to nothing anyway. I hate popcorns.