What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

cobs made

cobs made

I made up some cobs this morning, and have them sweating

20170907_083016.jpg

20170907_075541.jpg

20170907_083010.jpg

I may end up curing most of these like this, fun, easy, and it seems the right thing to do. I'll do the rest the paper bag way and the vac bag
:woohoo:

Texicwaste666

3 more cobs made

3 more cobs made

just so you know, this weed is just three days old and some two and some one. I know which is which, so I pack the cobs accordingly.

20170907_144049.jpg

20170907_145511.jpg

20170907_150720.jpg

this is a lot of fun to do

ULMW

Gwaan TW666, Original style. I just got some maize cobs from the market as here they do not grow year round and are off the shelves until this month.
In Ethiopia we would only get to harvest maize once or twice a year also. So would save the husks. Or use Banana leaf.
Enjoy the cobbing. Tangwena will be watching no doubt, and eager to see your photos just like the rest of us!
I recommend making Malawi hash with your trim. Real dynamite material.

Tangwena

Veteran
Gwaan TW666, Original style. I just got some maize cobs from the market as here they do not grow year round and are off the shelves until this month.
In Ethiopia we would only get to harvest maize once or twice a year also. So would save the husks. Or use Banana leaf.
Enjoy the cobbing. Tangwena will be watching no doubt, and eager to see your photos just like the rest of us!
I recommend making Malawi hash with your trim. Real dynamite material.
While you experimenting with the pop corn buds try sweating a big bag of loose buds like your doing with the cobs then after curing for a couple of weeks dry them and make oil or hash from the sweat cured buds to compare to the green dried pop corn hash or oil, I bet its a LOT better.
Its what i used to do, the oil is real tripping clear high like nothing you have ever tried before.

ULMW

While you experimenting with the pop corn buds try sweating a big bag of loose buds like your doing with the cobs then after curing for a couple of weeks dry them and make oil or hash from the sweat cured buds to compare to the green dried pop corn hash or oil, I bet its a LOT better.
Its what i used to do, the oil is real tripping clear high like nothing you have ever tried before.

Tangwena!!!! Way to go Sir! Sounds very irie!! Pray you and the garden are well. How the Panamas ?
Happy growing!

Texicwaste666

So I took a couple of oz's of good two day dried bud and shoved it in a vac bag and threw it in with cobs. Gonna do it the same way, see what happens. I want to see the difference between the 24 hr, 48 hr cobs method and steps and the loose cure doing the same steps. And I still have a big load to cure traditionally with ULMW's bag method. Thanks to everybody for all the great help and contributions. This was my most fun grow in years. First time coco ( I used Psycho, and it is not good with ph, go with Canna), first time new DTW system I designed, first time landrace African sativa. I had some ups and downs but it came out pretty good IMO. Now, the big test is, is it any good? As they say, it ain't done till it's finished.

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

everything is done

everything is done

Looks like I got 15 1/2 gallon jars filled, three large vac bags filled with small stuff, and six cobs. All in all, when dried I expect to have about two pounds of good dope. And that does not include the three or four oz of chem i got earlier.:woohoo:
Smoke report will be due in two months. I dried some and tried it, not bad. It can only get better with the cure, but it does the job now. It needs to mellow a bit.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texicwaste666,

After 3-6 months of curing please revist your Malawi jars and let us know your opinion then again ;)

Texicwaste666

Hi Texicwaste666,

After 3-6 months of curing please revist your Malawi jars and let us know your opinion then again ;)
that is the plan, the difference between good and outstanding. the cure is everything. i'm being patient. it gets better every time I try it. it is certainly to early for a smoke test

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

update

update

I have not done a smoke report yet because I quit until Dec. I want to be detoxed before I try anything to get an honest report of the effects after not smoking anything for a couple of months. I will be testing the cobs as well. I will be back around the 11th, stay tuned.
:tiphat:

Texicwaste666

smoke report

smoke report

I am no judge but I like this weed. It has a pleasant heady sativa buzz that hits smooth, smells good, tastes good and gets the job done. The head buzz lasts a couple of hours, and then it kind of knocks me down for a couple of hours. The over all high lasts about three to five hours. It gets a little harsh if you leave it out too long as it tends to dry out faster than some other strains, so I just take out of the bottle what I am gonna smoke and use a grinder. I recommend this strain for anyone that just wants to get high all day and forget it all. This is certainly not for beginners to grow ( if not for the help and advice from so many cool people here I would have failed), and needs 14-16 weeks to flower. You have to pay close attention to ph, they don't like big ph fluctuations and go easy on the ec. It was one of the most fun grows I've done, so many surprises. Again, a big thank you to all of the folks who helped me through this, I owe my two pound plus harvest (4 plants) all to you.

ULMW

TW666!!! Greetings Friend!
Great report ! Glad she turned into a special little something for day trippers.. Heh heh heh! Good for spacing out with definately.
Happy Holidays to you and enjoy your harvest.... What you growing next ? Zamaldelica? Hazes? Enjoy!

Texicwaste666

TW666!!! Greetings Friend!
Great report ! Glad she turned into a special little something for day trippers.. Heh heh heh! Good for spacing out with definately.
Happy Holidays to you and enjoy your harvest.... What you growing next ? Zamaldelica? Hazes? Enjoy!
I am in the midst of a stinky weed grow of Sour Diesel and Bruce Banner #3, a friend gave me some good cuts, so I couldn't resist. I have so much Malawi, and I smoke it every day. I think it is the fruity Malawi mostly, but I have some that has a more loud smell. All of the Malawi is good shit. My next grow will be Malawi and Panama starting in April. Really looking forward to that challenge. And Happy Holidays to you and all my friends here.

Latest posts

Latest posts