What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi, anyone grow it?

grayeyes

rolandomota, buy some from Angus and find out for yourself. Don't discount someone else's experience. Makes you seem petty and small.

JockBudman

Are those who bought from RSC getting the malawi gold or the malawi 2020 listed on kwikseeds? I'm interested in what the 2020 might put out in comparison to the gold.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP Afro Jim, his Malawi like his Swazi are the best no doubts. Probably the most trippy on earth.

Cheers Grayeyes! :)

Who has this line today? I have a few RSC Malawi seeds in the fridge, hope it is the same.

gummo

IMG_1487.jpeg
hello

in this foto the two in front are malawi x shiva f2 from guadalajara mexico

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Good to hear. That Malawi 'lake' is farking huge!! hehe I was searching for Malawi Gold on the web and ran across stuff on Malawi and the lake. Malawi sea would be more true or at least inland sea.

blondie

I’ve got to agree with rolandomata. I would love to grow weed where a few hits knocks me out. I’ve grown ACE Malawi a number of times and can vape it all night long. I just harvested my last Ace Malawi unless it knocks me down with a few hits. Would love to grow a tent full of 18 week weed. Where to get these beans...

goingrey

I’ve got to agree with rolandomata. I would love to grow weed where a few hits knocks me out. I’ve grown ACE Malawi a number of times and can vape it all night long. I just harvested my last Ace Malawi unless it knocks me down with a few hits. Would love to grow a tent full of 18 week weed. Where to get these beans...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good^^ I notice no mention of trippy but have heard it is from others. These sativas are going to effect each person different in that regard. It is strong regardless. The ACE Golden Tiger is strong but the high is not in line with what I want. The ACE version of this is different and the Afropips at least sounds better on paper.

As far as 3 hit quitter, that comes down to tolerance and the size of the hits as well as brain differences.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Afropips's description :
Genetics: Malawi Gold
Variety: Pure sativa
Type: Pure-bred, traditional landrace
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 14-16 weeks
THC Content: Unknown
No. of seeds Per Packet: 10
Characteristics:
Long lasting effect.

Malawi Gold is internationally renowned as one of the most potent psychoactive pure African sativas.

Afropipss Superior first grade Malawi Gold was selected from 10 years experience with top Malawi growers for the spiciest taste & the most psychoactive clean vibrant high. The high is long lasting & has an enjoyable alert mental clarity coupled with a warm pleasant feeling that radiates throughout the body.

The unique tropical & luxuriant spicy sativa up high can be attributed to the presence of THCV in this early cultivated strain.

Gold with 14-16 weeks is for early ones i would say! ;)

grayeyes

After the latest harvest I have found I prefer 16 wks in flower as opposed to the 22 weeks I previously did. 22 weeks gives considerable THC but at the expense of the great terpenes in this strain. I don't see how you, other than complete bastardization, and have a fully flowered plant at 9-10 wks. That is not Malawi.

Tangwena

Veteran
After the latest harvest I have found I prefer 16 wks in flower as opposed to the 22 weeks I previously did. 22 weeks gives considerable THC but at the expense of the great terpenes in this strain. I don't see how you, other than complete bastardization, and have a fully flowered plant at 9-10 wks. That is not Malawi.
Still waiting on pics brother please lets see some pictures.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

Ya 18-20 weeks are best Gold i think, at 16 it's Malawi Red/Black with heavier effects and understone compared to no ceiling high of Gold.

zaprjaques

Probably the flowering time differences between Malawi Gold and Malawi Black/Red where Malawi Black/Red has a shorter flowering period?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yes Zaprjaques' thx that's what i meant.

I think that Malawi has different pheno like all pure sativa, it depends on terroir and land situations, humidity, altitude, soil etc all transforms a same landrace to different kind of quality. I think Gold/Green are more from wet valleys or sea level and Black/Red from highlands with more dry, more UV and less atmospheric pressure.

So early Malawi at 14 weeks (Black) can be pure no problem but effects are more hard with heartbeat and stony compared to Gold.

There's also some dwarf plant in Malawi like for Swazi, probably heritage of altitude past acclimatization (?)

Afropips's Malawi Mini

Genetics: Malawi Gold
Variety: Pure sativa
Type: Pure-bred, traditional landrace
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 14-16 weeks
THC Content: Unknown
No. of seeds Per Packet: 10
Characteristics:
Small pure-bred sativa

The shorter statured compact version of the first grade Malawi Gold has been developed for height restricted indoor cultivation although it will perform well outdoors in the Southern Hemisphere.

The plants will reach approximately a meter tall if grown into a 12/12 flowering cycle indoors.