What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi, anyone grow it?

Wuachuma

I have raised about 3 generations of it. I let it go to 22 weeks. I think that was a mistake. 3 hits and I can't drive. I have one ready to harvest I think is about 18 weeks.

Anyone else ever harvest early?

Sounds like you have a great Malawi line - makes me curious how it was sourced(who made and proliferated it).
Much of the Malawi on the market comes in the same time as Chem lines (9-12 weeks).
I myself prefer the 14-16 week Malawi lines.
I've done a lot of work with circa-2011 Golden Tiger provided by Charlie and the clone was Malawi dom, but opened up towards either side in next generations and outcrosses. For the Malawi dom I really like the 16wk range and for the Meao dom I really like 18-ish weeks.

A good trick with sativas - since they have multiple harvest windows, is to pick off a few buds every week or so, bag em up with a label of which week they were taken. You may realize weeks 12, 16, 19 are awesome, while 11, 15, 20 are not what vibes with you.
This also lets you get several different products from one plant. Its unfortunate how Legal/Rec weed laws work where you have to harvest a whole plant at once, in one batch, and cant do progressive harvesting, because to me, that is real craft farming.

Hempy McNoodle

Energizing for me, paranoia for those not used to a sativa
Kind of like how mushrooms cheer up someone who is experienced. Yet for a novice who is not used to dealing with extra energies, it can be too intense to handle and manage.
I see. Thanks for the description. I have a double Acapulco gold pheno that is a very happy uplifter, but if you smoke her everyday she causes stress and anxiety instead.

rolandomota

Veteran
Just to be clear these guys are talking about real seed company/ kwik seeds malawi gold and not ace seeds malawi. I would love to try some I am a very honest critic I think most weed is not that great I will definitely grab some of these. I also think I am immune to most weed I mean three hits really? I just don't believe it.

I never take three hits of anything maybe three 2 gram joints back to back then I would believe you but that's just me it's how I smoke trying to see how high I can get from each plant 99%are disappointments

Last edited: