What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi, anyone grow it?

Marcus67

african seeds malawi smells like haze. sour and sweet and floral woody. maybe some faint rotten citrus fruit to it. some phenos taste awfully though... nasty earthy oily taste. bleh bleh

some phenos tastes okay. but sure its the effect where magic of this genetics is placed... I would say it has remarkable consistent potency as a line, almost at every pheno, I have huge tolerance, smoking haze hash everyday, and I give it 8,5 for sure, without curing.

some phenos have flat and boring effect though. and not so long lasting. pheno1 has long lasting effect though, nice 3 - 4 hours for sure. and I would not say it is electric, but it is jittery and racy a little, and gets me pretty high. zero body or heaviness. cerebral as it can be...
I remember growing African Seeds Malawi. A cat we were babysitting ate them all and that was it. Afropips Malawi had a very visual component to the high...any visual things with the African Seeds line in your experience?

xtsho

Some ACE Malawi I grew awhile back. Potent stuff. I made an RSC Highland Thai + ACE Malawi cross and I have some of those started.

malawi5622a.jpg

malawi6422.jpg

malawia.jpg

malawia4182022.jpg

troutman

Seed Whore
african seeds malawi smells like haze. sour and sweet and floral woody. maybe some faint rotten citrus fruit to it. some phenos taste awfully though... nasty earthy oily taste. bleh bleh

some phenos tastes okay. but sure its the effect where magic of this genetics is placed... I would say it has remarkable consistent potency as a line, almost at every pheno, I have huge tolerance, smoking haze hash everyday, and I give it 8,5 for sure, without curing.

some phenos have flat and boring effect though. and not so long lasting. pheno1 has long lasting effect though, nice 3 - 4 hours for sure. and I would not say it is electric, but it is jittery and racy a little, and gets me pretty high. zero body or heaviness. cerebral as it can be...

I only had 2 plants grow from an old seed African Seeds pack and both were males.
They had cinnamon aroma in them and I used them to pollinate a pure Malawi hybrid.
So 3 Malawi types in one hybrid now.

Malawi is most likely my next grow. :pimp3:

Marcus67

I only had 2 plants grow from an old seed African Seeds pack and both were males.
They had cinnamon aroma in them and I used them to pollinate a pure Malawi hybrid.
So 3 Malawi types in one hybrid now.

Malawi is most likely my next grow. :pimp3:
Amazing! Afropips genetics in there as well?

troutman

Seed Whore
Amazing! Afropips genetics in there as well?

Not yet. Here's the info.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I remember growing African Seeds Malawi. A cat we were babysitting ate them all and that was it. Afropips Malawi had a very visual component to the high...any visual things with the African Seeds line in your experience?
I can report only potency in this phase... also you have to realize, that I smoke things like vietnamese, which is extremely perception altering, so if malawi is less perception altering, I will not notice it. cheers.

Marcus67

Very cool
Not yet. Here's the info.

Thanks, the cross sounds amazing!

Marcus67

I can report only potency in this phase... also you have to realize, that I smoke things like vietnamese, which is extremely perception altering, so if malawi is less perception altering, I will not notice it. cheers.
I never knew that about Vietnamese! I have ignored SE Asian lines too long because the brick Thai in Amsterdam in the 90s was trippy but gave me paranoia and was not that clear headed. The Jamaican brick and Jamaican hash back then was better. But it was ignorant of me to write off an entire region of amazing genetics!

Not to get off topic, but what Vietnamese lines do you recommend for the visual effects? Someone else did mention visual traits in some Malawi lines, but other than that one anecdote, it's just him and me so far. If the Vietnamese are stronger in this regards, that's will become my new object of lust. Thanks!

need4weed

Veteran
@MAHA KALA perception altering in a good fun way? Or trippy and paranoid inducing?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Malawi Gold x Grinspoon in veg. I got these seeds 12 years ago. I can't find any info on this cross. Def a hybrid of something. Some big leaves showing. No clue if these are what they are supposed to be?.

02caecd3fce1b8025faf645cb07d99d8f1991d56.jpeg

I ve grown some Ace Malawi and had four beautiful girls. One of them was bit shorter and fatter but very similar bud patern, similar to those displayed here. I think Ace Malawi is easily recognisable not just by look but also by that earthy oily smell. It is very specific. This smell and taste isnt one of my favourite ones. But yes it is very potent in its own way. All four phenos were killer about the same potency. For me bit racy and confusing from begining and when first part of effect ended i felt wasted and tired rest of the time. It was very heavy smoke.
Remember when I shortly stopped at my friends house when I was just passing by. He had another friend there and they were just about to start building tools shed at his garden. We smoked some Malawi and and I left soon because I was originaly heading to different place. Next day I heard that they didnt do anything :D They were trying first 30 min, but were so confused that they were simply not able to do anything. Folks were scared to cut that wooden material wrong and waste it :D So they left it.... When I offered them Malawi next time they didnt want it and rather smoked something else

xtsho

I ve grown some Ace Malawi and had four beautiful girls. One of them was bit shorter and fatter but very similar bud patern, similar to those displayed here. I think Ace Malawi is easily recognisable not just by look but also by that earthy oily smell. It is very specific. This smell and taste isnt one of my favourite ones. But yes it is very potent in its own way. All four phenos were killer about the same potency. For me bit racy and confusing from begining and when first part of effect ended i felt wasted and tired rest of the time. It was very heavy smoke.
Remember when I shortly stopped at my friends house when I was just passing by. He had another friend there and they were just about to start building tools shed at his garden. We smoked some Malawi and and I left soon because I was originaly heading to different place. Next day I heard that they didnt do anything :D They were trying first 30 min, but were so confused that they were simply not able to do anything. Folks were scared to cut that wooden material wrong and waste it :D So they left it.... When I offered them Malawi next time they didnt want it and rather smoked something else

I had a friend stop by a couple years ago. He was just going to stay an hour or so but ended up staying 3-4 after smoking a joint of Malawi I gave him. I told him to be careful and take a couple hits and wait. He laughed and smoked the entire joint. 20 minutes later he was in a chair asking me what the hell that stuff was. He was all paranoid and couldn't drive. He didn't want any of it the next time he stopped by and instead puffed on his dispensary weed he had.

The Malawi can take people out if they're not used to a potent sativa.

squatty

My son brought me some bag seed he got in the Nkhotakota area a few years ago. Since I don't grow indoor I haven't tried growing it here in Oregon at 45 North. I am moving back to Hawaii this year and hoping the seeds will be viable. I imagine they will have some hybridization but I am looking forward to trying them soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts