What's new

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

Funkalicious

Hey my friend thank you for stopping by. The plant in post 77 up two from yours is proof of my theory, a plant won't grow more leaves than it needs for it's environmental conditions. I'll explain???

When I got this plant from a friend who grows indoors with LED lighting. At the 5th node it had 9 leaf bracts of leaf growth. I brought the plant out to my greenhouse and it got natural sunlight and it reverted back to 7 leaf bracts with secondary nodes on branches that have 5 leaf bracts. This proves that a plant will only grow the amount of leaves it needs for its environmental conditions.

Yes there can be the stray exception, last season I had a Grape Highland Nepalese from Vermontman of Green Mountain Seeds that threw one bract with 21 leaves on it. View attachment 18720013 like Nannymouse says if you don't have photos it didn't happen. When I pressed the l pressed the leaves they became brittle so I laminated them, but didn't have a quality laminate. The balance of the leaf bracts on this plant were 11 and 13 leaf bracts. In the tests I have done with defoliating plants there was never more than a 3 gram difference on the entire plant. Not to mention the stunted growth and the extra fiber producing hormones that produce less cannabinoids than normal unhindered growth does. Plants know more about growing than we ever will.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18720014
Hi Farmerlion! Thanks so much for this informative thread.

Some of my Funkalicious colleagues still insist on défoliation on the bottom part of the plant and in the middle for airflow and to prevent the bottom buds getting muddy from when it rains and splashes. It's all guerilla so we hardly check on the plants and might not catch a fungus or rot issue right away. I think they're worried we could lose a plant or at least have muddy lower buds. I'm wondering how'd you'd approach such a situation.. I'm just trying to keep the plants happy and not engage in unnecessary or even counterproductive behaviour. Peace to you! And thanks for all the time you put into sharing.

Nannymouse

Farmerlion, i was just thinking that this year even if you don't use the pollen from that ogers, you might want to save some pollen for some other time, if it turns out male.(?) Maybe i'm wrong, but if i recall correctly, it has a rep as not being the easiest to get those started or clone, so one that was more cooperative might be valuable.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hi Farmerlion! Thanks so much for this informative thread.

Some of my Funkalicious colleagues still insist on défoliation on the bottom part of the plant and in the middle for airflow and to prevent the bottom buds getting muddy from when it rains and splashes. It's all guerilla so we hardly check on the plants and might not catch a fungus or rot issue right away. I think they're worried we could lose a plant or at least have muddy lower buds. I'm wondering how'd you'd approach such a situation.. I'm just trying to keep the plants happy and not engage in unnecessary or even counterproductive behaviour. Peace to you! And thanks for all the time you put into sharing.
@Funkalicious , brother I have two lines of thought on potential muddy buds.

#1 for guerrilla grows that aren't being nurtured on a regular basis. I would trim off branches from the bottom of the plant. Overall plant health is much more important than a few buds. That said, my Ace Lebanese on their website had such large buds they had to be tied up. To keep from hanging on the ground over the entire plant.

#2 For grows that have daily cares. I tie up branches and check support areas often as continual growth will change fulcrum points of support. In reference back to my Lebanese plants, they went well over a pound each. Breaking branches is always a concern . Since quality is paramount, I donate everything to cancer patients Veterans with PTSD and chronic pain sufferers . Clean bud are crucial for my purposes.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey all, sorry I'm out of town right now. No pictures today, I've been tracking down an issue/issues.

After 0 of 15 seeds failed in germinating to start with, I switched to my Auto Zamaldelica f1's. Everything came up fine and within 3 days the first true leaves would be laying on the soil by morning on several plants.

So this mandated multiple germination of seeds again. While with the Auto Zam genetics I have time for them to finish properly.

What was causing the problem to start with? I found a flyng ant/wasp looking thing that I believe is the culprit. I couldn't catch the little bugger at all. I'm hoping that it stays out of the greenhouse now.

I stated to start with I don't like sharing lineup's until they are fully established plants. My lineup has changed a few times now.
These challenges are what refine your skills as a grower. Even indoor grows that have a more stable environment face several unforseen challenges.

Have a backup to your backup plan, be flexible, reassess your goals and keep your pride in check. It's easy to blame products or genetics when you simply missed something...

I will update my actual genetics lineup again this weekend.

Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey all, I don't like posting pictures of small plants, but here goes a few anyway.
The first pick is China Yunnan and the next two are Lebanese.
20220617_165414.jpg
20220617_165424.jpg
20220617_165437.jpg

They are double planted close together. If both are females great, if one is a male he's getting culled.
20220617_165455.jpg
This is a CherryBomb. I started with two, one was weak and culled. I thought about germinating another seed or two. I just don't know enough about this strain to start more beyond what I think is their window for best results. I'd rather be pissed at myself now than 4 months in and realize I was wrong.
20220617_165529.jpg

This is the Ogers Kush. I finally did a meristem rub, it's a bright chemical not an earthy fuel. I don't like calling gender until you know that you know, but I'm pretty sure this is a boy.
I don't have anything it could pollinate for over a month yet. Until everything else shows sex, little buddy and I are going to talk about girls.

I have one Auto Zamaldelica x Blueberry and one Blueberry x Blue Thai , I'm really hoping that both are females now. Some others I didn't take pictures of yet are the Auto Zamaldelica and the Chocolopes. They're coming up just fine.

I'm very thankful for the time I have to spend with the plants this season. I have a rural water source that is easier for me to access. With 30 to 50+ mph winds the last couple days, getting lake water is out of the question. The waves coming into shore are huge.

The mycelium integration tests are not going well. No seedlings have made it up and survived the first day yet. I have two seedlings outside that I might transfer.

I was hoping to have the Auto Zamaldelica for this test. I might have to germinate more seeds, start them in cups and then move to the main grow bags. The mycelium soil is just to hot for seedlings.

This is the part of testing that is so frustrating. I'm restarting seeds today. It will be the 1st of July before I can transfer them to the grow bags. They will go through October 1st ish I'm guessing.
So anyways my friends I have Seeds to germinate. Thank you for taking time to read what I'm doing. Have a beautiful weekend.
God bless
farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends, I had two nice days of sunshine and today it rained most of the time. We have a beautiful calm evening so I took a few pictures. I will try to put them in this order.(Chocolope, Chocolope, Blue Thai, CherryBomb and Destroyer). All the plants just received a good shower of rain water, so some leaves are dropping a little bit. The CherryBomb is starting out with fat leaves like the Blue Thai does. I have never run the CherryBomb so I don't know how it will express itself yet, I'm only guessing at this time. I finally get my wife back home tomorrow after she took care of her mom for a few weeks after surgery. She's doing fine and enjoyed momma lions cooking. I have one tub of Purple Mystics 💜 that is fully consumed with mycelium. I also had one all in one grow bag of Amanita Mascaras that I mixed up today. When the substrate is fully in bloom with it's mycelium, I will spread it out over the top of the Purple Mystics 💜 I will see if they will fruit together? Will the spores intersex during a refruiting? I'm looking forward to trying some either way. I don't know which mushrooms are compatible with making hybrids??? The Amanita Mascaras can have 0 strength or they can be 100 times stronger than normal magic mushrooms 🍄 DO YOU WANT TO GO FASTER!? DO YOU WANT TO GO REALLY FAST!!!? Uh- no I don't.... Some of the late planted Auto Zamaldelica f1's I made in 2000 are coming up this evening. Just for another backup I started a few Orient Express in solo cups and one of them is up this evening as well. I only have spots for two plants in bags, and I could get by without them. If anything happens to the larger seedlings in the heavy mycelium substrate mix, I have a few backups to take their places.
20220621_194430.jpg
20220621_194444.jpg
20220621_194502.jpg
20220621_194516.jpg

Peace farmerlion
20220621_194533.jpg

AllStuff420

This translates to a lot of studying, investigating, and doing during this time because we realized that, despite the bad aspects of marijuana use, there are medical benefits to it. As a result, there must be a balance. The key to getting the most out of such use is to regulate it.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
This translates to a lot of studying, investigating, and doing during this time because we realized that, despite the bad aspects of marijuana use, there are medical benefits to it. As a result, there must be a balance. The key to getting the most out of such use is to regulate it.
Allstuff420, the reason I have spent thousands of hours over the last decade researching, studying specific geographical environmental conditions for outdoor and greenhouse growers specifically. Including indoor growers all be it their light spectrum ranges with artificial lights is narrowed.

I have compiled pages of specific Information through my growing expertise that I have been sharing here since 2007 for people like you to benefit from. You obviously haven't read my entire thread opening up the condensed first pages. Otherwise you wouldn't have made such a vague all encompassing comment based in utter ignorance.

Who are you hoping regulates through legislation? I'm working and have written finely tuned home owner self governing grows with private public sales. Investing in our communities, not in lobbyists petitioning state representatives for a few grow and dispensary licenses. The entire country will be much better off when people with the overall base of knowledge that I have are presenting solutions.

Our elected officials are self serving, is there anything in the current administration if you are an American citizen that makes you feel confident? They just gave hundreds of millions of dollars to scammers, lobbyists and fictitious companies. Yet you want to come on this thread with your WOKE idealism's and complain because you offered no solutions whatsoever 🤔

Allstuff420, if you want to become a much better grower with consistently very high quality, please study my posts. If you're really just trolling, please don't waste the time of people that are that are here to learn how cannabis really grows and how the soil food web effects it.
Peace brother 🙏

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Today I did a light feeding with lemons , peaches and pears in the repositories. What a beautiful day we are having here. Went down to the lake with momma and filled water jugs.

Came back and hung out in the greenhouse having coffee with the girls. Here's some pictures of blending breakfast for the girls.
20220623_091708.jpg
20220623_091715.jpg
20220623_091748.jpg

It doesn't take a whole lot in each blender full to really make a difference in the soil food web. The sugars are already converted to be used by the plants, and the microbes start breaking down everything else.
20220623_091807.jpg
20220623_091914.jpg

The transmission funnel really helps direct the slurry into the individual repositories. I give a light watering of lake water after the feeding. By this evening you will already be able to see a difference in the plants. I will try and get more fruits from the store tomorrow and feed again this weekend.

While you can see the obvious fiber production of the plants. The undeniable health and vigor is black and white. I had germinated three Orient Express fem seeds from Ace seeds. They are all up looking healthy and strong as expected. I will most likely wait another day or two before transferring them into the grow bags.

I have a tote of mycelium substrate and three more bags of spawn that are almost ready to go into another tote for fruiting. I will use magic mushrooms 🍄 in the fungal repositories of the Orient Express plants and also with the Auto Zamaldelica plants. The fruiting should start within the next few days. Certainly I want to enjoy a few of them bad boys for myself. Can't let the plants have all the fun?!$

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend whatever you are doing. Momma and I started a cancer charity a little more than a year ago. Giving all praise to God, the program we started is being picked up by a hospital group that has 140 hospitals in 21 states. We are so excited for the potentially millions of women that can be helped going forward. For security purposes I can't go into great detail on icmag.
I'm not looking for any personal credit myself, so that's fine with me anyways. If you're a person of prayer 🙏 please tell Jesus thank you the next time you talk to him.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Here are some updates after the first repository feeding. The pictures are in the order of the China Yunnan, Lebanese, Orient Express in the mycelium treated soil with some fruiting started and the Auto Zamaldelica and a Blueberry male x Blue Thai female.
20220626_105808.jpg
20220626_105819.jpg

The order is not correct. This is the Orient Express plants in the Mycelium grow bag. The other bag isn't fruiting so I only took a picture of this one.
20220626_105842.jpg

This is the Ogers Kush. One thing I've noticed is this strain transpires an incredible amount of water each day. One difference from years past is I don't have the weaved mesh trash bags as a wrap this season. I found the bags but they were in a smaller size this season. They wouldn't have performed like they did in the past.
20220626_105900.jpg

This/these are the China Yunnan from Ace seeds. The first time I ran any of the China Yunnan I was blown away. It was the single most interesting plant I had ever observed. It had a duel meristem into a single root ball. One stem was a green phenotype that was very greasy. The other meristem had burgundy stripes and the branches were a beautiful purple red color. This meristemed part of the plant produce copious amounts of trichomes. Both were earthy in smell with the green phenotype being a little more spicy and productive overall.
20220626_105911.jpg

This is one of the two bags of Lebanese. A couple years ago I grew some of these out, hands down the largest buds I've ever had on any plants from top to bottom. 4' + long buds and one plant had buds that were 5" across from side to side. Both plants produced over a pound each. Maybe my favorite two plants of all time.
20220626_105948.jpg

The bottom plant is the Auto Zamaldelica f1's I made in 2000 from the auto fems. This is the first time I have grown any out. The top plant in the bag is a Blueberry male x Blue Thai female. I only found 6 seeds and only 2 of them made it to this point. I do pray one of them is a male, that would be my choice of parental donors. The Ogers Kush would be second. Certainly an Auto Zamaldelica wouldn't be the end of the world.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Today is the first time I get to back up what I'm preaching... Today is the third day since I did the first feeding of the repositories. Please look back at some of the pictures from 4 days ago, the differences are more than subtle.
20220627_104432.jpg
20220627_104415.jpg
20220627_103904.jpg

Here are two Chocalopes and a White Widow x Thai, compliments of Nannymouse. They have close to doubled in size, with less than ideal weather lacking sunshine for two days.
20220627_103836.jpg
20220627_103825.jpg
20220627_103757.jpg
20220627_103740.jpg

These are the Blue Thai, Destroyer, Chocolope and G Dubb x Purpura Regina. The G Dubb is from Cryptic Labs and the Purpura Regina from Bald Monkey seeds. The genetics consists of Guerrero Mexican x Panama is the Gdubb and the Purpura Regina is an Auto flowering Thai crossed to Danish Passion x Viking. Both plants were absolutely beautiful last season. I recommend checking out both breeders.

We have a beautiful sunny day today, the girls had their morning watering. I see momma bought a bundle of bananas, I will have to sneak them outside and put them whole into the blender. Microbial colonies love bananas. The plants get to pull all those sugars straight up from the soil as they are already processed by a plant for uptake. With gas prices and my vehicles you can add about $30 on to the price of a single item you have to go to town and get by itself.

I could get my ass kicked by momma bear for taking her bananas.
Peace farmerlion
16563481549157799440378317545536.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Today the plants got another lite feeding in the repositories. I was threatened when I looked with envy upon mommas bananas. So I grabbed a carton of eggs and made my way to the door.
20220629_161621.jpg
20220629_161631.jpg

So each bag got a pitcher of lake water and a raw egg. The eggs put decomposition into fungal overdrive. Tomorrow I will purchase some fruits that are being discounted, before they get pulled and given to a local hog rancher. I can't share with the produce manager that I need fruits and vegetables for growing cannabis.

I will do more pictures this weekend, the Lebanese and the China Yunnan are really coming into their own.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

Wish that i could still be growing. I would beg some of that destroyer from you! Now, i will have to do a look-see if any of the other seed banks are offering those.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Wish that i could still be growing. I would beg some of that destroyer from you! Now, i will have to do a look-see if any of the other seed banks are offering those.
I have a couple Destroyer seeds still, you know they are yours if you want them Nannymouse. Maybe you can take a clone if things straighten out before harvest. If it's a male I think it would have to be used.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

I would hope that someone made more of those, since the company is now out of business (so i read). They might need to be mulitplied, but i'm not the one to do that, right now, at least. If male, save pollen! If stored well, you could use it next year. Like the Taskenti, it might be rather rare to find.

Cerathule

Great journal Farmerlion, Sir. I'm still digging through all the detailed reposts you have here, you definitely put alot of interest and effort into learning these things. It sounds like you are an 'autodidact' person, someone that is clever enough to learn without a teacher (?).

One thing that always strikes me when I plant outdoors in normal soil on the fields, like sandy loam etc is how normal green the leaves get in color. Healthy grass-green. In stark opposition to this darkgreen plastic-alike appearance of indoor plants fed mineralic fertilizer. But what exactly is it that causes this striking difference?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Great journal Farmerlion, Sir. I'm still digging through all the detailed reposts you have here, you definitely put alot of interest and effort into learning these things. It sounds like you are an 'autodidact' person, someone that is clever enough to learn without a teacher (?).

One thing that always strikes me when I plant outdoors in normal soil on the fields, like sandy loam etc is how normal green the leaves get in color. Healthy grass-green. In stark opposition to this darkgreen plastic-alike appearance of indoor plants fed mineralic fertilizer. But what exactly is it that causes this striking difference?
Cerathule, my friend you just mostly answered your own questions. I also believe that the natural increased water transpiration and the additional hormones produced under natural light conditions complement and complete a balanced symbiotic system.

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement of my efforts. Through my very extensive injuries as a result of my motorcycle accident and my wife's multiple types of cancer and double mastectomy. I have had great cause for my passion and to share my findings with others.

On a very sad note our dear friend Stickman is enduring great sadness, as his incredible wife is now in hospice.
So if any of our family here at the mag are people of prayer 🙏 This wonderful woman has loved her husband for decades in a way all men would be envious to have known. Thank you
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Today I picked up 2 watermelons and a bunch of pineapples that were on sale. I cut most of the skin off the pineapple but use the whole watermelon rhine and all. I used 1 melon and 2 pineapples blended up in the fungal repositories. Some friends are down for the weekend so I'll be quick, here's some pictures of the China Yunnan, CherryBomb and the Blue Thai.
20220702_144346.jpg
20220702_143843.jpg
20220702_142235.jpg
20220702_142332.jpg
20220702_142359.jpg

Well how about that 🤔 I even got the order of plants right. Just to show what melons and pineapples will do for your grows, please stop back on the 4th to see 2 1/2 days with large amounts of plant sugars in the soil does.
Peace farmerlion