What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
My sinuses are very sensitive to the microbes, bacteria, fungus in my soil. I need to wear a N95 mask when working the soil as I put it in the bags. I have been told that the Human sinus is more sensitive to the soil critters than a Shark is to blood, and I believe it. Once there is a plant growing in the bag the sensitivity decreases for some reason.

Farmerlion, what about molasses for carbosugars? More specifically non-sulphered blackstrap? I have been adding some to the top feed once flowering is in full swing.
Flylowgethigh,
I used molasses for many years and still do when fruits aren't available.

Pro's
Molasses will directly invigorate the individual benefits that sugars bring to certain microbial colonies. This can come with or create imbalances.

It's a fast acting solution for limited fiber production.

Example;
If you're not going to fully dive into Microbial Repositories , moderate doses of molasses in the final week of flowering are very beneficial.
(Remember) There's no such thing as a flush to cleanse plant material of chemicals. Only the soil is being depleted of it's available nutrients and suspended inoculants.

Cons
Without the nutrients of the fruiting bodies available to the nematodes and microbial colonies to break down. Total synergies of the ecological system aren't attained. There's no balance and the soil is unable to be self regulated for Ph considerations.

Molasses is not a product that has been broken down and consumed by the fruiting body it's concentrated byproduct.

Molasses will act as a binding agent in your soil when top dressed, slowing and or stopping microbial migrations. Living organisms need both light and air/oxygen in varying levels.
Peace farmerlion

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I'm a sort of worm. Every time I sink my hands into the medium and feel the fantastic smell of earth coming out of it with its microbes and fungi, feel absolutely invigorated and happy. Handling the soil with my hands does a lot of good for my health. Living in a small apartment, being barefoot outside with my cats is a reason to live for.

Not molasses, but raw sugar cane is what I added to my last AACT and could say it was a success from mid to later flowering. It may be worked because the compost in use for the tea (home worm bin) is basically made of fruits leftovers and peels, lots of watermelon, melon, bananas... And there is mycos aggregated to the soil composition as well. After a year recycling this soil, I think it'll be full of microlife. Its already full of macro life.

I've added some commercial compost, which brought lots of unexpected visitors, specially in the end of the summer, to my vegetative place. All sort of suckers as thrips, aphids, winged aphids, root aphids (including giant tank beetle), spider mites and even caterpillars lurked around for a while. But after a month it's all balanced again (have no plants flowering). Without poisons including neem oil, just the nature doing hers job.

Looks like a very advanced techique Mr @farmerlion , wont be trying it, but for sure there are lots of good information shared here in these pages. #dropyourbottles

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@Marz
Thank you for your honest observations and opinion. I truly appreciate your open mind and willingness to consider organics progression.

I will be starting in my greenhouse tomorrow removing the 19 grow bags for a season of rest for the soil. My current bags are in better shape than I can buy. In the Bible God says to give the land a Sabaths rest, so that's exactly what I do to stay in the blessing of his will.

I have 12 new bags and I will start the entire process over so everyone can see in detail every step and the results. I will pick up the soil Thursday more than likely. I guess I will be starting the new thread sooner rather than later, I really enjoy this part of the season.

Preparation is so important. I've always wanted to do a side by side tests of prepared and un prepared bags but I'm not dealing with the bugs that come with poor growing environments.
Peace brother 🙏 farmerlion

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Journaling is also an art, takes some experience to write a good one.

This is the beauty of organics, what is poor and unbalanced today may be a rich and balanced soil tomorrow. It's a process. The 'bad' bugs living here are becoming food for the good ones. Soil Mites and Earthworms are playing a decisive role in order to equalize life in soil. Since I'm not able to see microlife without proper equipment, I'm judging by macro that everything is moving along to the desired route. Early vegetative has been the issue here, it's working, but a little slower than I'd like.

I hope you can start your new experiment, I'll stay tuned to follow you from the beginning. Cat's peace.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

It's simple and fantastic. There is so much great organic info, @farmerlion. Although this is an advanced technique, I think it should also be a Sticky in the organic forum to make the knowledge readily available to Organic growers looking to grow organically in soil. If you're OK with it, I will suggest it to a mod.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your next thread...K+

peace joe

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Great thread! Glad your feeling better and growing again. @farmerlion
Looking forward to this seasons posts.
I'll be incorporating some of your ideas into my backyard grow this season for sure!
@growsjoe1 , @Marz

Today was my first day of cleaning and moving bags. I was able to move 11 bags today outside of the greenhouse. My ass is thoroughly kicked so I'm starting again tomorrow. I will get the last 8 bags moved and then start cleaning with bleach.
The greenhouse wintered again exceptionally well, I can't say enough about Farmtech Quality. I have decided to post my new thread in the VIP Lounge. We need some more action going on there. Speaking of action, I've been puffing on my Baglung Nepalese that I grew last season. I absolutely love that stuff.

While the stronger part of the high diminishes after the firt two hours.. The giddy,, giggles lasted for a full 4 hours of binging (The Big Bang Theory) laughing my ass off during every show. I had forgotten how much fun it is to laugh outloud hard like that.

A dear friend of mine who is making selections over the winter is being more productive than I ever could just with the greenhouse. The clock is being chased for some new f1's in seed before I start planting clones and germinating seeds. A male (SpaceQueen x Blueberry)IBL aka Q, is P1donor for multiple Destroyer CBG, female P1selections. Dubi's Thai Chi is also being worked in a Blueberry concept this season.

I'm trying to incorporate some gifted genetics from another Veteran, Chimera's legendary Highland Mexican x Blueberry these are f2's. This season is about spinning the fun meter good and hard.
I thank you all for showing early interest in my upcoming thread.
Peace farmerlion
20240403_123843.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hi farmer Lion. A Sabbath year... Excellent to see G-d’s sagacious commandment in practice my friend. I’m so glad to see you are feeling up to growing. Look forward to seeing your posts..
Blondie, what a joy to hear from you my friend. I hope all is well in your world, Momma Lion and myself are better than I have been in months. Sunshine 🌞 and warmer weather heals much!

Sabbaths get overlooked and taken for granted, not in my world.
Peace farmerlion

jillianorr

Welcome to the community, fellow growers! Farmerlion's dedication to refining organic cannabis cultivation is both admirable and inspiring. His commitment to sharing cutting-edge knowledge underscores a passion for sustainable and responsible growing practices. The emphasis on fungal repositories as a cornerstone of productivity and efficiency is intriguing, promising a method that not only yields quality but also respects the environment. As we embark on this journey together, Farmerlion's insights into soil preparation, genetics selection, and water quality serve as invaluable guidance for novices and experienced growers alike. His humility in acknowledging that learning is a continuous process reflects a genuine desire to elevate the entire cannabis cultivation community. Let's embrace his wisdom and strive for excellence in our own endeavors. Wishing you all bountiful harvests and, Farmerlion, here's to a swift recovery and prosperous days ahead. For those seeking further organic farming resources, check out Farmer's Link organically for additional insights and support. Peace and green thumbs up!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Welcome to the community, fellow growers! Farmerlion's dedication to refining organic cannabis cultivation is both admirable and inspiring. His commitment to sharing cutting-edge knowledge underscores a passion for sustainable and responsible growing practices. The emphasis on fungal repositories as a cornerstone of productivity and efficiency is intriguing, promising a method that not only yields quality but also respects the environment. As we embark on this journey together, Farmerlion's insights into soil preparation, genetics selection, and water quality serve as invaluable guidance for novices and experienced growers alike. His humility in acknowledging that learning is a continuous process reflects a genuine desire to elevate the entire cannabis cultivation community. Let's embrace his wisdom and strive for excellence in our own endeavors. Wishing you all bountiful harvests and, Farmerlion, here's to a swift recovery and prosperous days ahead. For those seeking further organic farming resources, check out Farmer's Link organically for additional insights and support. Peace and green thumbs up!
Jillianorr, I am so humbled and honored by your kind words.Thank you 🙏

Ironically I was coming back to my tread right now to refresh my mind. I have 5 thick spiral notebooks with a decade of research notes that I can't find 😕
The soil information I mostly have to memory but 60 plus strains of start times of flowering onset, nodules spacing, stretching tendencies and actual finish times and preferences greenhouse positionings is irreplaceable. They're in a tote somewhere hiding from me.

When I get around to sharing which genetics will be bidding for attention, please Pm me for a few picks of the litter if you see something that you like. After harvest I will happily share with you.
Peace farmerlion