What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MAKING MARIJUANA GREAT AGAIN

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey Mr Lion. Pleased to see you sharing your growq with us. Still digesting all that info but I love the way you grow and your philosophies behind it. Much love from up North.

Mallard Duck, it's always an honor to have you stop by anything I'm up to. I hope you are doing well. I'm getting really excited about this upcoming season. The genetics are an amazing group, all untested in my greenhouse.

A strong sativa group for sure. The testing of the mycelium should be very interesting as well. I'm doing a bunch of research and studying about 25 medical studies of and on mycelium. I have not found any studies that are even close to what I'm doing.

Most corporate studies are how to have mycelium clean up after biological disasters of unscrupulous companies. One medical company wanted to see if mushrooms would consume all the mice with renal cancer after being used for medical testing? I'm glad those mushrooms never hit the grocery stores.

The pharmaceutical industry really needs to be watched closely. Their alegences start and stop with the almighty dollar.
peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good morning my friends,
I'm waiting for the weather to warm up some here. Getting the last struggles of winter kicking out some snow flurries and 50+ mph winds.

While I have the majority of genetics settled, the wife and some close friends have asked for more CBD strains. I have made many topical ointment jars from CBD#1 x Highland Nepalese. Using my Ardent FX machine, the decarboxilation and infusion is so easy.

It's also a great machine for making Canna butter that I use on 🥯 bagels for myself and making caramels for people that I donate to. I highly recommend getting the French press with the machine, it makes the whole process so easy.

The CBD#1 is from Ace Seeds, the Grape Phenotype of Highland Nepalese is from Green Mountain Seeds also available through Ace Seeds. They are both amazing genetics. I made the f1 cross of the two in 2018 I believe.

Peace

Petrochemical

Welcome all levels of growers here at icmag.

For the last six years I have been developing and refining what I can tell you is the most cutting edge knowledge based, responsible fully organic, phenotypic expressive type of cannabis growing created. That is a big claim and I hope you will join me as I back it up.

I had started sharing some of the information in the Forum Aims thread. Many of those posts will be getting moved here in the coming days. Millions of people have grown pot. Thousands of people are pretty good growers for the knowledge, experience and equipment they have. Hundreds of people in the world are outstanding in their preferred methods of growing cannabis.

I will show and explain in the most detailed ways, answering questions WHY?
*FUNGAL REPOSITORIES * is the most productive, reliable, efficient, cost effective organic style of growing. Let's not leave out pest deterring indoor, outdoor, greenhouse method.

After experiencing the pitfalls of multiple growing styles and utterly detesting the synthetic fertilizers and shortcuts used by commercial dispensaries and grow operations. I was determined there had to be a better way to grow the highest quality and for greedy people QUANTITY of cannabis per cycle.

Like anything done exceptiexceptionally well, the foundation has to be prepared properly. There aren't any shortcuts that will benefit the cannabis growers or consumers. My greenhouse is untouched since harvest of last season. We will be starting with cleaning the growing area, then soil preparation. After the greenhouse is cleaned. We will start treating the soil as if it already has been planted with seedlings or clones.

Before we germinate any genetics decide what your goals are for this upcoming season.
1. What types of genetics are you looking to grow?

2. Are you using timers, tents, shade clothes or natural light cycle?

3. Are you making a hybrid or reproducing genetics? What are you going to do with a male or a hermaphrodite plant? How does this effect your goal?

4. How reliable are your water sources and quality? (Rain, Lake, Well or Tap) water. Chlorine in your tap water will kill your microbial life.

5. PRIDE- Will separate you from the best life(plural) has to offer. Be it techniques, relationships, jobs and life. Attention to detail and quality of efforts is different than a prideful person that only hears him/herself.

Anyone who thinks that they know everything is already done learning and can't be taught.
Everything I'm sharing here has been tested and studied by doctors with decades of experience and research knowledge. Other areas like topping, I have done side by side studies on here at icmag and posted my results. I'm not going to argue or defend every aspect of information against stoner science and opinions of my friends dad's buddies brother's neighbor thinks this?!?

6. Don't finish using a product because it's already paid for or you have a bunch of it leftover. ANALOGY (The most expensive drink you will ever have, is the one you don't walk away from). DUI

7. I'm not God. I don't walk on water. I can however see the water from where I'm walking. My goal isn't for self recognition publicly. I want the world community of cannabis growers to have the latest, most researched information available. So the cannabis you grow is the absolute finest cannabis that can possibly be grown in your environment.

Thank you for your time. I pray you all have the best grows you have had yet. I'm hoping the warming weather will help my lungs. I have missed a few months of work due to covid complications. Which will help prove what I'm sharing here about an efficient repeatable, renewable solution. Because my ass is getting closer to the poor house on a weekly basis.
Peace farmerlion
Well met
IMG_20190113_090717.jpg

Lets get this learned for us all

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
https://youtu.be/bnNOvA3diDU
https://youtu.be/0z6HLSNG6N
Hello all, these are two youtube links. One is on mycelium and the relationship with your soil. The other is on why pests cant and won't eat healthy plants.

Fungi as change agents Soil Regeneration.
At 27:10 is some very insightful knowledge and from 46:34-48:28 needs to be fully understood.
Dark Septate Endophytes have a very similar role in mycelium as exudates do in the Rhyzosphere. I/we will be discovering this season just how symbiotic they really are.

I have only watched these videos once so far. I will be going through both videos again tomorrow for a deeper understanding.
Have a great rest of your weekend.
Peace farmerlion

Attachments

• photo2127100.jpg
    photo2127100.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 82

midwestkid

Veteran
Greetings farmerlion. I hope you are well.
are you going to try growing cubensis and reefer in the same container or is this just wishful thinking on my part? This has crossed my mind in the past but I've always talked myself out of it...
keep us posted.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Greetings farmerlion. I hope you are well.
are you going to try growing cubensis and reefer in the same container or is this just wishful thinking on my part? This has crossed my mind in the past but I've always talked myself out of it...
keep us posted.

Midwestkid, I don't know that they will fruit in the same grow bags, but I certainly am going to add as much mycelium as I can. Mycelium has what's called Dark Septate Endophytes. These are very similar in function to Exudates and one scientific study mentioned in the video believes that they work together. If this translates into cannabinoids or a new chemotype I will see after testing at harvest.

For PTSD patients this could be huge. If it finds another gear for recreational users, we'll that's fine too. 😆 I think I will do the side by side using Lebanese genetics instead of Thai. The flowering times and cannabinoids are much better for medical cannabis.
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Making my own Grain Spawn for Mushrooms.

I have used purchased Rye spawn bags in the past. While agricultural grains are easy to get in bulk here. I have decided to use Wild Bird Seed from TSC aka Tractor Supply Store.
It's about $14 for 35lbs and is really clean to start with.
What I do and what I use.
1. 6lbs of WBS
2. 1 190u or 220u Boldtbags Hash bag screen.
3. 2 five gallon buckets, one with drain holes in the bottom.
4. A small wire mesh hand strainer for removing debris and a wooden spoon for stirring.

I use a detachable shower head for rinsing through the hash bag, until the bottom catch bucket has about 3 gallons of water in it. I stir and repeat this step 3 times. I do one final flushing with the main tub faucet. With each stir and flush I remove floating debris.

Letting the bag fully drain, while I get the canning kettle ready. I use about a 2" canning spacer with a ceramic coated metal plate as a base to protect the hash bag that's about $100.
I spin the top closed like a loaf of bread and clip it down to the top of the bag itself. I add one gallon of distilled water and weight the lid down with a bacon press.

A person could/should use a pressure cooker if you have one, I don't. If you are selling Mushrooms for consumption publicly, you'll need to follow certain sterilization regulations. My spawn is going to become a fungal repository.

While I do move some into fruiting tubs, these are being place in grow bags in my greenhouse. I'm much more interested in the mycelium integration in the rhyzosphere. I will place this larger fungal repository in the center of a 45 gallon grow bag with each plant centered between the repository and the side of the bag. I double plant my 45's and single plant 35 gallon grow bags.
20220410_170408.jpg
20220410_170847.jpg
20220410_170429.jpg

Attachments

• photo2127355.jpg
    photo2127355.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo2127356.jpg
    photo2127356.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 72
  • photo2127357.jpg
    photo2127357.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 66
  • photo2127361.jpg
    photo2127361.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 71
  • photo2127360.jpg
    photo2127360.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 69
  • photo2127359.jpg
    photo2127359.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 69

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I will let this boil for two hours. Then I will remove the spacer and plate, setting the hash bag with the pasteurized WBS into the boiling water to cool and soak for another 10 hours. I started rinsing the WBS at 6pm, so I will let it sit overnight on the stove cooling.

I have a large metal automotive drip pan I use for cleaning seeds from buds. I will spread the seeds out on the pan under a ceiling fan and air dry for a couple hours. Then I will bag and inoculate the spawn bags. FYI, my green 190u sieve bag did bleed color slightly into the water. I don't think this will be a harmful contaminant in any way or form.

There is many different ways to prepare spawn bags and jars. There is 50 ish different videos on YouTube on how to do this. Using small grains(berries) wood chips, pellets and manure and straw combinations. I'm not going to say one way is better than any other. I believe this way will be efficient for what I'm using the spawn for.

I'm sure there is some very talented SHROOMERS here on the mag, I'd be happy to learn from an experienced shroomer.
1649639241419902157366033527550.jpg
. This is one of my spawning bags about 4 days into spawn. It will be another week or two before it's ready to go into a fruiting tub. This bag is an Albino Golden Teacher mushroom 🍄 from a friend.
I'm going to specialize in the Thailand strain of Albino Pink Buffalo and regular Pink Buffalo. I have a few other strains that I will do liquid and agar spawns into the fungal repositories.
I hope some of you find this interesting. I have not found any studies being done along this line of research. As the old saying goes, I'm either on to something or on something?!
Peace farmerlion

funkyhorse

Master Lion
Thank you for posting
I am new to growing and I live in wetlands. I like your strains but kushes or indica leaning plants here are all condemn to mold in my environment. Here only pure sativas have a chance of finnishing
I find your phitsanulok very interesting. Did you try growing it pure?

So for the coronavirus pandemy I rented this house and I built a makeshift greenhouse and I am enjoying this very much
Si I am growing my ganja and my salad. I grow tomato and aragula(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria)
This year I am recycling the soil from last year. I use the cannabis soil for my tomatoes and aragula and I use the tomato and aragula soil for my cannabis plants
I am trying different things. I am plowing the soil into the new pot and I am doing something similar to what you suggested. The idea is from the way modern agriculture grows here and it is called direct sowing

I just wet enough to make a hole in the middle of the 20 liter tomato pot and I plant my ganja just sexed in 1,3 liter pots direct in the hole
I just remove the main tomato plant node and thats it and I transplant direct into it like in this picture
recycled soil.jpeg

I add fresh compost up to 15% and 2 spoons of avian compost and so far it seems all plants are happy with both methods, either with plowed soil or like this and certainly this method is a little less work and very effective too. Mushrooms grow naturally in the soil here, very humid environment. I dont know anything about it but most pure sativas seem happy without much additions to the soil
See you on the next Icmag incarnation

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, we are getting a late snow this week.
The whole state is getting 16" to 30" of new snow, with high winds drifts totally covering entire vehicles is common. We have had drifts from the top of the house out into the streets in the past. I remember in high-school climbing out an upper bedroom window with a note from mom, (please sell my son three cases of beer, three bottles of bacardi rum and a carton of Marlboro's.)

We went shopping before the storm so we're all good here in the canyon. Momma just pulled some fresh cornbread out of the oven 😋. Oh she's a good woman 🦸‍♀️! Since I've been inside basically since December 10th, now I actually have a reason I can justify. In the end we really needed the snow for ground moisture.

I'm focusing on the spawn bags right now while greenhouse work and water gathering is on hold for a week or so. I have 18lbs of spawn fermenting, spawning, brewing, percolating choose a term. One of my experiments is testing Sea-90 during the pasteurizing process of the Wild Bird Seed 🐦. If I can build up the base nutrients, I can skip the substrate time, labor, shipping and purchase costs. Everyone in shrooming is working on this, I'm just trying a product I'm very familiar with and believe in. This in no ways means it's going to work!?!

I will continue to work with varying levels of Sea-90 per lbd of WBS pasteurizing and soaking times to see if this is a viable application instead of substrate. I'm waiting to hear back from an old friend here at the mag, if I'm running one 45 gallon grow bag of his genetics work. I'm certainly hoping this works out. Two seasons ago I ran some of DJ's Blueberry from several years ago. Through the fungal repositories the phenotypic expressions were amazing. DJ's Blueberry is world class for multiple decades for a reason.

So Mrs. Nannymouse has two real deal authentic Ogers Kush plants going right now. I'm going to ask her if I can finish one of them in the greenhouse. Mr.Greenjeans Cherry 🍒 Bomb 💣, Huesos's Mother of Pearl the incredible Lebanese genetics from Ace seeds, thank you Dubi and possibly a very special selection of DJ's genetics from a friend. That is what I will have going this summer along with the side x side mycelium research and the spawn experiment.

Have a great rest of your week my friends.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Master Lion
Thank you for posting
I am new to growing and I live in wetlands. I like your strains but kushes or indica leaning plants here are all condemn to mold in my environment. Here only pure sativas have a chance of finnishing
I find your phitsanulok very interesting. Did you try growing it pure?

So for the coronavirus pandemy I rented this house and I built a makeshift greenhouse and I am enjoying this very much
Si I am growing my ganja and my salad. I grow tomato and aragula(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruca_vesicaria)
This year I am recycling the soil from last year. I use the cannabis soil for my tomatoes and aragula and I use the tomato and aragula soil for my cannabis plants
I am trying different things. I am plowing the soil into the new pot and I am doing something similar to what you suggested. The idea is from the way modern agriculture grows here and it is called direct sowing

I just wet enough to make a hole in the middle of the 20 liter tomato pot and I plant my ganja just sexed in 1,3 liter pots direct in the hole
I just remove the main tomato plant node and thats it and I transplant direct into it like in this pictur
I add fresh compost up to 15% and 2 spoons of avian compost and so far it seems all plants are happy with both methods, either with plowed soil or like this and certainly this method is a little less work and very effective too. Mushrooms grow naturally in the soil here, very humid environment. I dont know anything about it but most pure sativas seem happy without much additions to the soil
See you on the next Icmag incarnation
Hey brother I don't have the Phitsanulok Thai in it's pure form. The Phitsanulok aka Hmong Hilltribe Thai is held by very few people. I was blessed to get a cross of it with the Ogers Kush, I wasn't going to ask for anything more. Since these are f1's there's a great chance to get a Phitsanulok Thai dominant expression. I would then get Nannymouse to take clones and work her magic that she does better than anyone I've ever known. She's truly the Thai Queen, her Chocolate Thai is amazing! She kept a mother of the Dinafem Blue Thai for a few years. I ran one of her clones again last year and it was amazing!

Funkyhorse, if I get any f2's of that expression I will PM you.
Thank you for checking out this thread.
Farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I want to share some very detailed and in depth information from another site. I didn't get it done right now I have a partial post. I will start over in the morning.

Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've been using mushrooms to make compost for my weed for years. very simple, just let wood chips rot on their own, local mushrooms will colonize them and in 3 years in my climate they are broken down enough to begin mixing into your soil.
DSC_0517.JPG

you can see the fungal hyphae with the naked eye once they take off.

DSC_0466.JPG

the larger pieces of wood help soil structure and provide years of food for microrganisms and fungi.

DSC_0475.JPG

when the chips get completely fused together by the mycelium you are golden.

clump.JPG

a thick layer of good compost like this on top of your pots or beds is fine but tilling them into a soil that has been mineral balanced will give the best results.

DSC_0758 copy.jpg

Good luck with your season!

snapshot-2020-12-20_17-00-54.038.png