What's new

Maine's medical scene

G

Guest 226076

they never even asked about weight.i had a bunch curing,they said thank you and said they wouldn;t be back again.

Tua-vita-facies

how does one aquire patients?

Is ME like CO in that there is a 5 patient max per caregiver? So 6 plants per patient is a max of 30 in flowering?

But caregivers in ME can sell excess medicine to the dispensaries, which have or have not opened yet?

So confused, glad they left you guys alone up there, n just did a compliance check. They shouldn't be bothering ya's at all tho..

how does one aquire patients?

There are caregiver groups plus the old fashion methods.

Is ME like CO in that there is a 5 patient max per caregiver? So 6 plants per patient is a max of 30 in flowering?

5 patients plus yourself = 36 if flower or 72 for a husband and wife team.

But caregivers in ME can sell excess medicine to the dispensaries, which have or have not opened yet?

Half of the 8 dispensaries have opened so far and the other 4 have just gotten their funding and should be open soon. The law says that the state always has to allow at least 8 and after a year they can talk about allowing more. You can donate meds to dispensaries but nothing of value can be returned in exchange...

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
You can donate meds to dispensaries but nothing of value can be returned in exchange...

Well, I guess they will be growing their own or importing it from cali. No grower is going to give away their herb for someone else to make a buck. That is such a bs rule, by the same mentality, pharmaceutical companies should give their pills to pharmacies for free, but they are allowed to make pills and sell them to only 5 people.

So the state troopers show up and take a plant count and then tell you they will never come back?

That sounds great(not perfect but great as in much better than cuffs), kinda like passing a piss test for a job.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
[EDIT] **** this is from the proposed law, not what passed ****

I've been reading LD 1296 and found this in section 8A

E. A dispensary may acquire prepared marijuana or marijuana plants from a patient or caregiver or through the cultivation of marijuana by that dispensary either at the location of the dispensary or at the one permitted additional location at which the dispensary cultivates marijuana for medical use by registered patients who have designated the dispensary to cultivate for them.
Does this not mean that caregivers and patients can provide meds to dispensaries?

Here is the link to LD 1296

Last edited:

Amber Trich

for people looking for more info....

Maine Medical Marijuana Educational Event
Do you have chronic pain, cancer, severe nausea, or other serious medical conditions?

This FREE event could change your life.

Learn about Medical Marijuana from the leading Medical, Legal, and Growing Experts in Maine.

What will I learn about:

* Medical Benefits of Marijuana
* How to Qualify under Maine’s State Law
* Legal Rights for Qualified patients
* Different ways to access Medical Marijuana

Attendees will have ability to ask questions and interact with experts.

When:
* September 22, 2011. 9/22/2011
* 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Doors open at 5:30 pm.

Where:
* Woodfords Club. 170 Woodford Street, Portland, ME 04103

Speakers:
Dustin Sulak, D.O.
Mark Dion
Panel: Growing, Caregiver & Dispensaries

I saw Sulak speak at GreenLoveFest ...he was awesome, had so many forward thinking and original thoughts on cannabis. very proud he's one of our state canna peeps

turbolaser4528

Veteran
until the new law at the end of the month passes, then mmj patients/caregivers/growers can legally receive compensation?

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
until the new law at the end of the month passes, then mmj patients/caregivers/growers can legally receive compensation?

Nope, under current law it is illegal.

With the new law, as a caregiver or registered dispensary, accept reasonable compensation for your marijuanas. But you are still limited by weight and plant counts.

E

emerald city

The state would have made it alot easier for ALL, if they had allowed a patients extra weight to be sold and legally absorbed into the system vs expecting us patients to give or throw away our extra for no compensation....Wish they[state o maine] were as concerned with where us patients/caregiver/dispenseries can get legal start up material [ie;seeds clones]vs haveing to be in non compliance from the get go,and aquire it threw the blackmarket...
Fall is here,enjoy the day :dance013: E/C

G

Guest 226076

is maine the only stae that won't allow care givers to sell to disspenceries. dooing buisness in me is tough enough as it is.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
on 9/16 ld1296 was signed by lepage so now you can sell your extra back to the dispensary.

On another note i got a nice visit by the MDEA to both my homes and 2 of my friends homes that they watch me come to and from for the past week. they placed a GPS tracking devise on my car. busted me with a class c felony for only having 36 plants and because i only had paperwork from my other patients and not registered with the state they only let me keep 12 of them. seized my vehicle.

now im getting my lawyer to stick it right up there ass! fuckin bullshit should be dropped to misdeameanor check out what the law reads...

ld1296 which was signed by lepage and put into effect on the 16th 9hours before my shit got taken.cocksuckers are going to have one hell of a lawsuit

5. Incidental amount of marijuana. For purposes of this section, any incidental amount of marijuana plants, seeds, stalks and roots, as defined by rule adopted by the department, is lawful for a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver to possess and is not included in the amounts of prepared marijuana specified in this section. (i also want my proccessed marijuana back)

and just for the record. to the mdea agent that told me i cant sell my marijuana to my patients EAT SHIT read this..

D. Receive reasonable monetary compensation for costs associated with assisting a qualifying patient who named designated the primary caregiver through the department's registration process;
E. Receive reasonable monetary compensation for costs associated with cultivating marijuana for a patient who designated the primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana through the department's registration process;

everyone who is a registered caregiver better watch there back and keep there eyes peeled these assholes are going on a power trip.

on 9/16 ld1296 was signed by lepage so now you can sell your extra back to the dispensary.

9/16? Lepage signed ld1296 on 6/24 during the first regular session of the 125th legislature. ld1296 becomes "Effective 90 days following adjournment of the 125th Legislature, First Regular Session" which ended on 6/29. So ld1296 will be law as of 9/28.

LD1296 still doesn't allow for compensation from dispensaries. That was only in the proposed text.

On another note i got a nice visit by the MDEA to both my homes and 2 of my friends homes that they watch me come to and from for the past week. they placed a GPS tracking devise on my car. busted me with a class c felony for only having 36 plants and because i only had paperwork from my other patients and not registered with the state they only let me keep 12 of them. seized my vehicle.

Man that really sucks. I hope your lawyer can work some magic. Just be aware of what I said above. Maybe it will help that ld1296 will be law by the time you go to court even if it isn't law now.

Good luck brother...

Amber Trich

sorry to hear about your trouble Aeroguerilla..
how can you be charged with any form of felony for 36 plants? thats not against federal laws!

I agree with SSG, ld1296 is not effective yet and no selling to dispensaries

final text on selling...
HP0951 LD 1296 PUBLIC Law, Chapter 407
Signed on 2011-06-24 00:00:00.0 - First Regular Session - 125th Maine Legislature, An Act To Amend the Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Act To Protect Patient Privacy

2. Primary caregiver. Except as provided in section 2426, a primary caregiver, for the purpose of assisting a qualifying patient who has designated the primary caregiver as provided in section 2425, subsection 1, may:

H. For the purpose of disposing of excess prepared marijuana, transfer marijuana to a registered dispensary or another primary caregiver if nothing of value is received.
D. Receive reasonable monetary compensation for costs associated with assisting a qualifying patient who designated the primary caregiver;
E. Receive reasonable monetary compensation for costs associated with cultivating marijuana for a patient who designated the primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana;
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_125th/chapters/PUBLIC407.asp

apparently you can sell to your patients? I didnt think they were giving us even that much..

anyway... GOODLUCK, I bet you'll do alright :)

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
the new law also states that we can sell our extra to the dispensaries. ill find it and post it up

H. For the purpose of disposing of excess prepared marijuana, receive reasonable compensation for the transfer of marijuana to a registered dispensary or primary caregiver. so we can sell our extra to other caregivers and dispensaries

mdanforth

dude, how many friggin times do you have to be told that you can't sell to dispensaries....ld 1296 goes into effect on september 28th.....

you are the one giving legitimate caregivers a bad name.....what the hell did you have 15 grand and some mj hidden in a ceral box in your truck????

supermanlives

Veteran
damn man that sucks.now you are on their radar bigtime. one of the reason i left years ago.what kind of gps? logger or transmitter? i check my ride all the time with a scanning devise and use my eyes to look.good luck man