What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

E

emerald city

D.E.A --WTF??

D.E.A --WTF??

You probably don't have to so long as you have the doctors reco. The law may not go into effect until September, but it still makes for a reasonable defense. What I mean is if for some reason the police knocked on your door you could show them the doctors note stating that you are medically eligible under existing law. I am not a lawyer but that is my basic understanding of how law works. And besides, even if you were to be charged (zero probability) for being out of complaince, by the time you would have to go to court the new law would be in effect...
:comfort: You want to talk "ironic/precognitive conversation".....
The other day,late afternoon,as im getting cleaned up from a day of landscapeing[yes i have a real job]I hear the dogs start barking then a knock on the front door.I go to open the door,look out the window and see 3 police officers on my deck with 2 cruiser in the yard.....Instant heat attack i feel as the dog sense it they go mental.......Take a deap breath,tell the dogs to relax and head out to see what they want...Mr E/C they say..."were here on a annonimus tip that you may be cultivating marijuana and if we find more plants then your susposed to have were gonna take it from you...I ask if im gonna have to get my lawyer cause im a legal maine state mmj patient and i dont plan on giving up any of my rights....This is where thier tone changed to a bit lighter note..The DEA agent said they had recieved a complaint so thier job was to come out for a compliance check,If i just show them what they needed to see and was compliant they would consider the case closed....I asked how 1 annonimus call could get 3 cops[1 dea ] on my deck??They told me they had run a 3 week investagation on me.I come up clean,i even have a concealed firearms permit,BUT my power bill seamed to be abnormaly high for the area...I asked if they had calulated the hottub on the back deck:blowbubbles:....I was ask to provide proof of medical need so i showed them my card..I was then asked to see my bud room so i did....They counted 7 small plants about 3 weeks into bud..Next..Do you have any more plants-[me] NO.[wife]E/C--[cop]E/C..Well no that count,ok,ill show you.We go into another room with a 3 tiered flora cart full of new cuttings in 8 0r 10 oz cups,aprox 70 of them..{local P.D]yup,they dont count....
The 3 of them then apologized for the next 15 minutes and promised we wouldnt be harrassed again,just stay within compliance and this case is closed......................:thank you:

I cant imagine what someone said to get the DEA to come look threw my shit.They thought they had a federal warehouse crop .when shown a pitifull little gro in an old chicken coop.:dance013: thier faces about dropped..
Definitely feal thrown under the buss for someones sick ammusement.Good lucky kiddies:cathug: this cats to olde to be fucked by a kitten.Timing is everything
...Going back to my hole for a longg winters nap..
Peace/out gang

:comfort: You want to talk "ironic/precognitive conversation".....
The other day,late afternoon,as im getting cleaned up from a day of landscapeing[yes i have a real job]I hear the dogs start barking then a knock on the front door.I go to open the door,look out the window and see 3 police officers on my deck with 2 cruiser in the yard.....Instant heat attack i feel as the dog sense it they go mental.......Take a deap breath,tell the dogs to relax and head out to see what they want...Mr E/C they say..."were here on a annonimus tip that you may be cultivating marijuana and if we find more plants then your susposed to have were gonna take it from you...I ask if im gonna have to get my lawyer cause im a legal maine state mmj patient and i dont plan on giving up any of my rights....This is where thier tone changed to a bit lighter note..The DEA agent said they had recieved a complaint so thier job was to come out for a compliance check,If i just show them what they needed to see and was compliant they would consider the case closed....I asked how 1 annonimus call could get 3 cops[1 dea ] on my deck??They told me they had run a 3 week investagation on me.I come up clean,i even have a concealed firearms permit,BUT my power bill seamed to be abnormaly high for the area...I asked if they had calulated the hottub on the back deck:blowbubbles:....I was ask to provide proof of medical need so i showed them my card..I was then asked to see my bud room so i did....They counted 7 small plants about 3 weeks into bud..Next..Do you have any more plants-[me] NO.[wife]E/C--[cop]E/C..Well no that count,ok,ill show you.We go into another room with a 3 tiered flora cart full of new cuttings in 8 0r 10 oz cups,aprox 70 of them..{local P.D]yup,they dont count....
The 3 of them then apologized for the next 15 minutes and promised we wouldnt be harrassed again,just stay within compliance and this case is closed......................:thank you:

I cant imagine what someone said to get the DEA to come look threw my shit.They thought they had a federal warehouse crop .when shown a pitifull little gro in an old chicken coop.:dance013: thier faces about dropped..
Definitely feal thrown under the buss for someones sick ammusement.Good lucky kiddies:cathug: this cats to olde to be fucked by a kitten.Timing is everything
...Going back to my hole for a longg winters nap..
Peace/out gang

Wow as you know their around an getting hot! If you don't know a few big boys went down an has been very hush hush (no news or in paper)! I know some of you know whats up ! Be safe IC fam!

E

emerald city

Wow as you know their around an getting hot! If you don't know a few big boys went down an has been very hush hush (no news or in paper)! I know some of you know whats up ! Be safe IC fam!
In our area of maine theres been lots of "compliance"checks this summer.Last big bust was a 200 plant crop[that never hit the paper]..The DEA is makeing a BIG statement before this new law comes into effect. sTAY SAFE GANG
:ying: E/C [very much] out

KONY

Veteran
In our area of maine theres been lots of "compliance"checks this summer.Last big bust was a 200 plant crop[that never hit the paper]..The DEA is makeing a BIG statement before this new law comes into effect. sTAY SAFE GANG
:ying: E/C [very much] out

I'm curious where they mdea or dea? Mdea are just maine state or local police that work together as part of some drug task force far as i can tell.... different than federal dea.

Eitherway..... why did you let them in without a warrant? Why give up rights like that? I dont understand, even if you are within numbers.... it's like letting them search the car if you have nothing to hide, just to prove to them you dont have anything.

BlackBart

Veteran
I got my recommendation paper the other day . I didn't opt for the Med card because I didn't want the state knowing my business . It appears only the peeps with med cards have been hassled .

E

emerald city

I'm curious where they mdea or dea? Mdea are just maine state or local police that work together as part of some drug task force far as i can tell.... different than federal dea.

Eitherway..... why did you let them in without a warrant? Why give up rights like that? I dont understand, even if you are within numbers.... it's like letting them search the car if you have nothing to hide, just to prove to them you dont have anything.
I think ,if they believe you have crossed the majic line of 100 or MORE plants then the DEA gets automaticly gets involved with the local P.D's investagation..The dude who was at my home wore a badge around his neck that said DEA.[united states dept of justice]based out of portland me.
When i was first approached i told the officers that i had a lawyer on retainor just for this reason,and would NOT be giving up my rights as i was a LEGAL mmj patient and would not be treated as a criminal.....This is when the DEA man reminded me as part of the Maine state mmj program i had agreed to[waived my rights]to a compliance check if needed..They just needed to do a numbers check,if i was compliant they would go....I figured if i told them no warrent no admission wouldnt do anything but waste time and make them feal as if i WAS doing something wrong....
These guys were looking for something a lot biger then me and my little mom and pop medicinal grow....So i gavem a look ,my life ,my call.
Im more concerned about the smuck who made up the big story aND threw me under the bus..kARMA IS gOOd

supermanlives

Veteran
damn you guys got it tough. if the scene there ever gets as lax as cali i am moving back.if i was still in maine at this time i think i wouldnt bother with any registering for a med card. that makes it too easy on em and i for sure would never give up any of my rights. stay safe guys. DAVESNOTHERE

E

emerald city

EC - Where they just checking plant numbers or did the check for weight too?
When they showed up i was asked to see my dhhs mmj card[which they knew we had.]They waited on the porch for me to get my card.They then asked to see my budding area .The DEA dude waited outside while i took the 2 local pd to another building to do a plant count check...They seemed only concerned with numbers of plants..There were no questions of distrabution or weight...

Again,it wasnt me pushing the envelope it was a P.O.S who was useing the system to try to cause me and the wife stress.For the past year all ive done is to try to help folks become legal,not cause problems or do illegal things....Sucks to be a medical patient in Maine,cant trust anyone anymore ..
E/C

ronbo51

Veteran
I don't know the inside story of why you were targeted but at first glance it looks to me like this was a good thing. A friendly compliance check with little or no hardass bluster or bullying. No threats. Just a howdy do and quick count and have a good day. This is the system. You are protected. Stay in compliance and no problems. No fear. Probably lots of Maine med patients and caregivers will get a compliance check. Plan on it and realize the gift you have. I wish I could go about my business with the absolute certainty that if 2 or 3 cops were at my door I had nothing to worry about. Good luck.

Amber Trich

EC- sorry to hear you got checked, but so glad it worked out... thank you so much for sharing the story. its very encouraging that they didnt toss the house.

so you think the anonymous tip came from some non compliant local patient(or nonpatient), not dhhs? I kind of thought they might be checking absolutely everyone they know of before the law changes and no one new registers?

so if you can show a compliant garden, they will not poke around for excess weight or more plants?

I wonder if they give a patient with nothing to show a hard time?

All in all, its pretty cool you didn't get your door kicked in with guns drawn. If someone had dropped that tip before you were a med patient then things, without a doubt, would have been a lot different.

mdanforth

those lying fucks....the current law calls for 24 hour notice and only DHHS inspections....no cops can come in without a goddamn warrant no matter what.....lying mother f-cks

self

yeah, glad everything went smooth and easy, but the law is as mdanforth says, I guess that doesn't hold if there's a complaint?

mdanforth

no it holds all the time, no one gives up any constitutional right to protection from unlawful search and seizure.....no warrant, no enter, no way.....no matter what......

E

emerald city

no warrant, no enter, no way......
First...Thanks to all who have shown support in this stressfull time...I belive it helps to vent and get out the frustration while educateing the masses on life as a mmj patient in our great state o Maine.Tis the only reason i stand on the soap box for the world to hear.
To answer kony's question-The man who wore the DEA badge around his neck,His business card said" Federal dept of justice" out of portland Me.
To aqnswer why i let them in..Those of you who see life as black or white are probly compared to me ,a bit on the younger side..By the time you get olde like me you will see there are more areas of grey then both black and white combined..Must take a breath to decide which battles to pick and choose.Sometimes it is better to bend in the wind,go with the flow..Understand grasshopper...
If they come back again ill consider it harrasment,call my lawyer and give up nothing...:ying:E/C

E

emerald city

got my new card in the mail yesterday...Guess thier threw wit me...Big hurricane coming almost time to take the outdoor M.O.B.

E

emerald city

Was wondering if anyone knew of a group/co-op that was actively collecting and shareing breeds with Maines mmj patients.[not just hoarding for themselves] ?? Ive come to a place where folks i know offer up to donate differant cuts for the medical cause but there is no"good" place to store/grow or share it with the folks who are in need.:comfort:
Tis a crying shame to see good genetics not getting to the people who need the jump start...IF WE COULD FIND IT...
wE would love to find a pool of patients who would accept an occasional donation and be willing to help others in need. :ying:
Apreciate any interest this may cause E/C
Here lies the problem....One second you can be man ,who folks look to to provide cuts to those patients in need,the next minute your life pursuit of collected breeds have been whiped out....
Really need to find a way for patients in MaINE to be able to come together to help each other with out having to wory about geting busted...:blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts