What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

self

supersmallgiant must be an elephant with a mem'ry like that! I missplace threads all the time, gotta remember the subscribe tool...

LOL I'm no elephant. I just checked his (at that point) seven posts before I invited him over to the New England thread. Don't want to invite the wrong person to the party, right?

KONY

Veteran
Got a letter in the mail today regarding "two bills that were passed by the 125th legislature..."

Anyone know what the 2nd bill is??? There was ld 1296 that removed the requirement to register with the state, but what is this 2nd bill they speak of? The letter also says september 28,2011 is day changes actually take affect.
SAys who? I just snagged a 84 shell kit with , single , double, triple, 4 , and 5 breaks in NH!

i read this law was just changed this year, last time i was in nh and went into a fireworks store they didnt have any, makes for an actual reason to stop in nh now.

Got a letter in the mail today regarding "two bills that were passed by the 125th legislature..."

Anyone know what the 2nd bill is??? There was ld 1296 that removed the requirement to register with the state, but what is this 2nd bill they speak of? The letter also says september 28,2011 is day changes actually take affect.

i read this law was just changed this year, last time i was in nh and went into a fireworks store they didnt have any, makes for an actual reason to stop in nh now.

Probably LD 1159 that we were talking about on the previous page. You can view it here: http://www.legislature.maine.gov/legis/bills/display_ps.asp?paper=HP0857&PID=undefined&snum=125

E

emerald city

Got my notice from DHHS about changes in the mmj program.They said to check in periodicly with the DHHS website to see how it will effect the registration process]or not ].
We made an appointment with our mmj doc to get recertified for the next year.Have to pay[again]to get the recommendation on the proper paper type[tamper resistant]and another 175 $ visit......OH WELL...price of being legal in Maine....On that note ,me thinks its time to go water my little buddies..Enjoy the day :) gang..E/C out

Anyone think that we might get some new doctors willing to compete with Dr. S? I really would like to get legal but the $600 for the wife and I to do so is out of our budget. Any other med state has $100-150 visits. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

self

would be nice...
I've heard people claim that there are over a hundred doctors willing to recommend, but the all the patients I've met have been through integr8 with dr. s.

E

emerald city

Anyone think that we might get some new doctors willing to compete with Dr. S? I really would like to get legal but the $600 for the wife and I to do so is out of our budget. Any other med state has $100-150 visits. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

would be nice...
I've heard people claim that there are over a hundred doctors willing to recommend, but the all the patients I've met have been through integr8 with dr. s.
Twas a while ago but we had heard of atleast 60 differant doctors who had given recommendation for mmj.....My doctor[not Dr- S ] is prety cool with the idea of precribeing mmj but doesnt want to be known as a "pot" doc...Once a name hits the interweb it spreads like wild fire and thier over run with potential patients looking to get legal,not ALL of whom actually meet qualification's..Our doc has even felt intimidated by folks who aggresively have tried to force the doc into signing the paperwork..
Between the feds not give the states a clear message of policy,or the pot heads trying to scam the system its no wonder the doctors in our state dont want to touch the subject with a 10 ft poll...
To try to answer Super-M'S ?...Try a doctor who has a small,private practice,bring your medical records, to document your medical issues...
The first doc to sign my recommendation was out of lewiston,cost me 150$,my new doc "private practice ostiopath" is out of portland and costs 175 a visit[includes an hour of manipulitive treatment] for my f-ed up spine.
I truely belive if a person really meets qualification you can find a doctor to work with you,but calling up an office asking to be prescribed mmj[ before your initial visit ]sends up flags of drug seeking behavior and makes the doc look at you in a negitive lite.
Its all in the approach,good luck :ying:
stay safe and dont forget to water your little buddies.Gonna be a hotty..E/C out :dance013:

Did anyone else catch the latest mmj news??Seems ex[cumberland county] sheriff marc dion has just stepped down from board of directors position for the"northeast patients group"...Said something to the effect of,the conflict between federal policy and state had caused discontent amungst the group, which made him feal uncomfortable with the position he was representing....Wonder what gonna happen next....Dont think i'd want to be a investor in mmj dispensary any time soon...E/C

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
someday i will move back. but for now i will just browse the thread. i dream of the north maine woods alot

Last edited:
E

emerald city

someday i will move back. but for now i will just browse the thread. i dream of the north maine woods alot
So you can really identify with the old saying,Maine-The way life should be....
It's always here to come home to.:ying:

E

emerald city

Whats up with this ??

Whats up with this ??

We recieved a letter from Maine state DHHS[Licensing and regulatory services] stateing that it was time to renew[due august 1st] our Maine Medical Marijuana registration....
Our doctor and I/we are both asked to complete a renewal form that they have provided.......WTF is this B.S
Now i understand that under the new law LD 1296 that im still required to see my prescribing doctor at least once a year to get the "legal" recommendation on the proper tamper resistant paper,
So---:moon: why is the great state o Maine trying to social enginear me into giveing up the right to privacy that we fought so hard to reclaim.Never mind an extra 100 bucks for the privalige to be on thier data base and get a plastic I/D card...As they seem to imply[not stated in words] that registration is mandatory and i gotta do it now...
Anyone else get thier notification yet?? How you gonna play it out.
Im more pissed about the state,s presentation of the infomation and not being upfront about how the new law affects the registration prosess then i am over a 100 bucks,but if i got the option of NOT being on a list--Im all in....E/C out :ying:

We recieved a letter from Maine state DHHS[Licensing and regulatory services] stateing that it was time to renew[due august 1st] our Maine Medical Marijuana registration....
Our doctor and I/we are both asked to complete a renewal form that they have provided.......WTF is this B.S
Now i understand that under the new law LD 1296 that im still required to see my prescribing doctor at least once a year to get the "legal" recommendation on the proper tamper resistant paper,
So---:moon: why is the great state o Maine trying to social enginear me into giveing up the right to privacy that we fought so hard to reclaim.Never mind an extra 100 bucks for the privalige to be on thier data base and get a plastic I/D card...As they seem to imply[not stated in words] that registration is mandatory and i gotta do it now...
Anyone else get thier notification yet?? How you gonna play it out.
Im more pissed about the state,s presentation of the infomation and not being upfront about how the new law affects the registration prosess then i am over a 100 bucks,but if i got the option of NOT being on a list--Im all in....E/C out :ying:

If your rec is up August 1st then you need to renew with the state if you want to stay legal. LD 1296 will become effective 90 days after it was signed, so the towards the end of September. Only emergency legislation is effective as soon as its signed.

E

emerald city

If your rec is up August 1st then you need to renew with the state if you want to stay legal. LD 1296 will become effective 90 days after it was signed, so the towards the end of September. Only emergency legislation is effective as soon as its signed.
My/our mmj recommendation's are up to date with our prescribing doctor but since we were some of the first folks to get the DHHS approved registation card our cards expire before the sept deadline....I would think having a valid doctors rec would be enough documentation to get me through,but id hate to press envelope trying to prove a point...
Guess ill pay the 100 $ and call it the price of admission :tiphat:.

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
My/our mmj recommendation's are up to date with our prescribing doctor but since we were some of the first folks to get the DHHS approved registation card our cards expire before the sept deadline....I would think having a valid doctors rec would be enough documentation to get me through,but id hate to press envelope trying to prove a point...
Guess ill pay the 100 $ and call it the price of admission :tiphat:.

You probably don't have to so long as you have the doctors reco. The law may not go into effect until September, but it still makes for a reasonable defense. What I mean is if for some reason the police knocked on your door you could show them the doctors note stating that you are medically eligible under existing law. I am not a lawyer but that is my basic understanding of how law works. And besides, even if you were to be charged (zero probability) for being out of complaince, by the time you would have to go to court the new law would be in effect...

E

emerald city

Wanted; A mmj repository

Wanted; A mmj repository

Wanted to put together a list of breeds that are in Maine.
List only what you've personaly seen.No stories from years gone by.
1. ecsd
2. maine red bud
3.[soma's] nycd
4. MOB
5.grapefruit x RB crosses[gfxrb1-gfrb2-gf3rb etc]
6. GF3 X ECSD
7. hashbud
8. donkey dick
9. trainwreck
10.poisen durban [both indoor/outdoor]
11.snowdog

and a whole bunch of crap not worth mentioning.....GO.....:dance013
Was wondering if anyone knew of a group/co-op that was actively collecting and shareing breeds with Maines mmj patients.[not just hoarding for themselves] ?? Ive come to a place where folks i know offer up to donate differant cuts for the medical cause but there is no"good" place to store/grow or share it with the folks who are in need.:comfort:
Tis a crying shame to see good genetics not getting to the people who need the jump start...IF WE COULD FIND IT...
wE would love to find a pool of patients who would accept an occasional donation and be willing to help others in need. :ying:
Apreciate any interest this may cause E/C

Latest posts

Latest posts