What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

mdanforth

Thanx for the info :thank you:.
Now i understand after reading the whole L.D....Hope the gov signs this into law asap.
On another note ,any dispensaries out there looking for an experienced gardener?? as i hear they are now allowed to subcontract out thier "work"....E/C out

Dispensaries cannot contract out, that was dropped.....

H

highsteppa

I'm pumped that people don't have to register anymore. Sucks for those of us that got a card, we def gave up rights to privacey in orderto be legal. I want my info expunged from their data base, but I doubt that us going to happen. Cobb said in the video in the MPBN that they expect very few people to re-register, lol... so it goes

mdanforth

they will have to erase the records, if not multiple lawsuits will occur.......no shit,patients don't want their name on a government database go figure......

E

emerald city

How does the new law effect the 3 choices a patient was susposed to make to either;1.grow thier own,2. use a caregiver to grow,3. use a dispensary.
Does this mean i can still grow my own AND try out a dispensary??Under the old wording and notation on my med card i was allowed only to choose 1 option.

E

emerald city

I think we need the money to be honest
:laughing: You to funny bro....Its greed that will ALWAYS be the down fall of mankind.
If we could find a way to put Maine people and farms back to work im all for it,but as soon as big business takes over and us locals are cut out[like they have already tried to do}we are done...The only economic engine that hasnt shit the bed is the underground MJ trade.Take that away from mom and pop and watch what happens to the already failing economy.
my humble 2c :tiphat: E/C
Anyone seen the original cutting of "chem-dog" in state?? Twas lost within the circle and were trying to source it out within state.

Last edited:
How does the new law effect the 3 choices a patient was susposed to make to either;1.grow thier own,2. use a caregiver to grow,3. use a dispensary.
Does this mean i can still grow my own AND try out a dispensary??Under the old wording and notation on my med card i was allowed only to choose 1 option.

LD 1296 says you can now give the rights to less than all 6 of your allowed mature plants. You could give up 3 of your plants to a dispensary and grow 3 yourself if you wanted.

Vector Mung

LD 1296 says you can now give the rights to less than all 6 of your allowed mature plants. You could give up 3 of your plants to a dispensary and grow 3 yourself if you wanted.

I'd love to see the secondary economy that creates, where corporations amalgamate people's medical rights in order to duck laws and run small growers out of business.

mdanforth

the ability for a patient to both grow their own and use a caregiver or dispensary at the same time is what the original peoples initiative had intended to be enacted. This gives a patient the option of still obtaining quality medicine legally if their own grow fails or while waiting to harvest etc....

E

emerald city

the ability for a patient to both grow their own and use a caregiver or dispensary at the same time is what the original peoples initiative had intended to be enacted. This gives a patient the option of still obtaining quality medicine legally if their own grow fails or while waiting to harvest etc....
Looks like it gives us patients the right to get rid of our excess weight also .

E

emerald city

:laughing: You to funny bro....Its greed that will ALWAYS be the down fall of mankind.
Speaking of greed,did anyone hear about the bust in eastern maine today..The police bagged some dude with 22 lbs of marijuana while driving down the road..Estimated street value 44k...
Greed from my perspective :ying: stay safe gang:) E/C

KONY

Veteran
Speaking of greed,did anyone hear about the bust in eastern maine today..The police bagged some dude with 22 lbs of marijuana while driving down the road..Estimated street value 44k...

I prefer not to judge those I know nothing about.... if the guy had 22lbs of potatoes, would you call him greedy then? Its just a plant man. No, i don't know this kid either, but I feel bad for him.... another victim of our drug war. The news articles didnt mention any other drugs or guns or anything, so really there was no crime committed.

What if he just liked buying stuff in bulk to get a good deal? Are the customers of sam's club and bj's wholesale club greedy for buying their stuff in bulk?

E

emerald city

I prefer not to judge those I know nothing about.... /quote]Not being judgmental bro just stateing my opinion...I personally dont care what another man does .BUT
if your muleing 22 lbs down the road on the first day of summer its probly NOT your personal head stash youve got hidden in the back of the car.Think about how many lights you have to run to pull 22 lbs of dried weight at one time...Must be a large organized "for profit"operation..Not some mom/pop op..
wE ALL grow a few plant,some more then others..some break even on the power bill ,some make a profit..SO..when does it cross the line into the green area of greed.....
my point was this,at some point in time we ALL have to deal with risk,just dont be stupid and blinded by greed so much you cant see reality till she slaps you in the face...Ive seen greed and envy be the downfall of many a man...:ying:Enjoy the first day of summer..E/C

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran

This is a touchy subject its not my state and its really non of my business...

however 22#'s is not alot... and everyone that wants to be high and mighty about someone risking there ass to get people weed is a hipocrite... before u want medical you DEPENDED on people like that greedy person(22# is no where close to alot). Now that u guys can grow your own this guy is now your enemy? or you call him names when hes caught..

if u believe mj is plant its hard to be mad at someone for transporting it to make money... which is what alot of you are starting to do now but on a smaller scale...

and he is the guy that u use to rely on to get your shit from before u started to grow your own... the guy u used to depend on...

Last edited:
E

emerald city

fOR THE RECORD;
Wasnt my intent in the earlier post to personally attack a fellow man when he was down.Generally speaking-The thought i was trying to get across was the subject of greed.Where is the line drawn between trying provide for yourself and family,creating a business or doing what ever it takes [regardless of the casualties] to end out on top...
If i have personaly upset anyone with my comment i apologize.
I have seen the best of friends create profitable business's all for greed to rear its ugly head and have it all come crashing down....
that my story and im stickin with it...peace brother's and sisters...E/C

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
fOR THE RECORD;
Wasnt my intent in the earlier post to personally attack a fellow man when he was down.Generally speaking-The thought i was trying to get across was the subject of greed.Where is the line drawn between trying provide for yourself and family,creating a business or doing what ever it takes [regardless of the casualties] to end out on top...
If i have personaly upset anyone with my comment i apologize.
I have seen the best of friends create profitable business's all for greed to rear its ugly head and have it all come crashing down....
that my story and im stickin with it...peace brother's and sisters...E/C

i understand where your coming from and u didnt upset me. i just look at it from a different veiw...

i believe weed is harmless. Thats my view. They allow us crumbs and say we should be thankful for that. Which we are so much we turn on the guy that is doing what the mean boss man doesnt want as we are scared to losed the crumbs they allowed us.

To me its just a really brainwashed view and i dont mean that to be mean. But this is how we are. Thankful not to get introuble from possessing a plant. A plant that can feed us, provide a fuel, medicine and cloths... along with some of the strongest fibers on earth that is replenish-able every year.

I guess i refuse to be thankful for the crumbs is all...

we all know if it was ALLOWED it would be everyones dream job to see how far you could go in your business of the canna industries... some people just dont care to wait... which is why this revolution is even here in the first place.

E

emerald city

i understand where your coming from and u didnt upset me. i just look at it from a different veiw...
Thanks for your insightfully opinion,but i respectfully submit you have no understanding of where im coming from :)

Latest posts

Latest posts