What's new

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus7

Well got an early sample of the Mac OHz s1 and heavy incense after smoking. Very bad with the neighbors ...

20210618_175051.jpg
20210618_175121.jpg

Was hoping for the pepper pheno Johnny mentions, anti-depressant pheno

Where best to look?

Seedsman(×90's)
90s(×seedsman)
thh best
OHzs1

btw what is the s1? Fat buds from Golli?

JohnnyChicago

Well got an early sample of the Mac OHz s1 and heavy incense after smoking. Very bad with the neighbors ...

Where best to look?

Seedsman(×90's)
90s(×seedsman)
thh best
OHzs1

Pepper/grains of paradise is Seedsman.
You can find it in pure Seedsman, or Seedsman, one generation removed.

S1 should be "Golli" x "Johnny" and is 2 generations from pure Seedsman.

In an outcross I would look for the Seedsman as mother.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
O. Haze / Ultra Early Potion X Silver Bubble (Outdoors)

Así venia nombrada esta semilla que emergía del substrato de una maceta, esta mañana... MadMac , seria O.H. la madre de este cruce?

...Estoy teniendo muchos problemas para germinar estas semillas...: lo he intentado previamente con 3 S.M.G / S.M.G x O.H. y 3 O.H.(the best) x The Doors... Solo una de cada variedad llego a germinar (tras muchos días hidratandolas); pero luego no tenían fuerza para romper ni cáscara de semilla, ni telilla o tegumento interior: estaban tan pegados que fue imposible ayudar a romperlas sin dañar la plantula...
Sea como sea, te seguiré informando. Y mil gracias de nuevo.
(Espero que tu situación esté mejorando; mucha suerte y salud).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210621_111353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	17883573

O. Haze / Ultra Early Potion X Silver Bud (Outdoors) .

This is how this seed that emerged from the substrate of a pot was named this morning ... MadMac, it would be O.H. the mother of this cross? .

... I am having a lot of trouble germinating these seeds ...: I have previously tried with 3 S.M.G / S.M.G x O.H. and 3 O.H. (the best) x The Doors ... Only one of each variety came to germinate (after many days hydrating them); But then they had no strength to break the seed shell, the web or the inner integument: they were so close together that it was impossible to help break them without damaging the seedling ... Be that as it may, I will continue to inform you. And thank you again. (I hope your situation is improving; good luck and health).

Red October

Where best to
Seedsman(×90's)
90s(×seedsman)
thh best
OHzs1

Hey Johnny with regards to the anti depressant effect, is this more similar to the long term effect of anti depressants or the short term happier effect when first starting to use them? Just for clarification purposes as they are two very different beasts and I'm trying to understand the baselines I should be looking for.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Johnny with regards to the anti depressant effect, is this more similar to the long term effect of anti depressants or the short term happier effect when first starting to use them? Just for clarification purposes as they are two very different beasts and I'm trying to understand the baselines I should be looking for.

Sorry to jump in, since I'm not the one who's being asked the question...but the two hazes I tried(both were Johnny's seeds), especially the OH, had a kind of effect which could be described as antidepressant, it lasted through the day and I carried it in the memory some days after smoking it.
It's really impossible to compare it to antidepressants if one never used them, but from what I hear from people using them, the OH effect is more euphoric and creative, I guess. It's also important to note that everyone's brain chemistry is different and the same pills or buds can have somehow different effects, short and long term.
Going to get me a piece of the last OH bud and vape it ;)

Cheers

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
please permit me I’m also gonna jump in & can tell you the Original Haze definitely has an anti-depressant affect , for me I wouldn’t say that lasts all day long , but it has that uplifting euphoria you have to try it to understand it… :tiphat:I’m in love with Haze

Montuno

...como el Son...
O. Haze / Ultra Early Potion X Silver Bubble (Outdoors)

Así venia nombrada esta semilla que emergía del substrato de una maceta, esta mañana... MadMac , seria O.H. la madre de este cruce?

...Estoy teniendo muchos problemas para germinar estas semillas...: lo he intentado previamente con 3 S.M.G / S.M.G x O.H. y 3 O.H.(the best) x The Doors... Solo una de cada variedad llego a germinar (tras muchos días hidratandolas); pero luego no tenían fuerza para romper ni cáscara de semilla, ni telilla o tegumento interior: estaban tan pegados que fue imposible ayudar a romperlas sin dañar la plantula...
Sea como sea, te seguiré informando. Y mil gracias de nuevo.
(Espero que tu situación esté mejorando; mucha suerte y salud).

O. Haze / Ultra Early Potion X Silver Bud (Outdoors) .

This is how this seed that emerged from the substrate of a pot was named this morning ... MadMac, it would be O.H. the mother of this cross? .

... I am having a lot of trouble germinating these seeds ...: I have previously tried with 3 S.M.G / S.M.G x O.H. and 3 O.H. (the best) x The Doors ... Only one of each variety came to germinate (after many days hydrating them); But then they had no strength to break the seed shell, the web or the inner integument: they were so close together that it was impossible to help break them without damaging the seedling ... Be that as it may, I will continue to inform you. And thank you again. (I hope your situation is improving; good luck and health).

Ahora mismito...:

Durante dias, la plantula no era capaz de liberarse de la cáscara exterior, ni luego del tugumento o telilla interior que envuelve los sépalos... Tuve que ayudarla finalmente, y me temo dañe ligeramente los sépalos y la punta de la raíz. Los sépalos nunca han enverdecido, pero esta brotando ya el primer par de hojas de un foliolo.
Va muy lenta...
Tengo también otra semilla como esta, y otra O.Haze x The Doors (el 4° intento) hidratandose durante días, pero no germinan...

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210621_111353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	17883573

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210621_111353.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.2 KB ID:	17883573

Right now:

For days, the seedling was not able to free itself from the outer shell, nor later from the sludge or inner web that surrounds the sepals ... I had to help it finally, and I am afraid I slightly damaged the sepals and the root tip. The sepals have never turned green, but the first pair of leaves of a leaflet is already sprouting.
It goes very slow ...
I also have another seed like this, and another O. Haze x The Doors (4th try) hydrating for days, but they don't germinate ...

Nexus7

MNS strain - The Doors

NL5Hz x HzAC

Also if you got a bag labelled SMOH that's probably Santa Marta (Colombian) x OH and not Seedsman OH.

Montuno

...como el Son...
MNS strain - The Doors

NL5Hz x HzAC

Also if you got a bag labelled SMOH that's probably Santa Marta (Colombian) x OH and not Seedsman OH.

What do your know about the origing of the Colombian side of that cross? I have it, thanx to MadMac, labeled as SMG/SMG x O.Haze.
Thanx for any info.

Nexus7

What do your know about the origing of the Colombian side of that cross? I have it, thanx to MadMac, labeled as SMG/SMG x O.Haze.
Thanx for any info.

Not much at all. I think it was the same as the one offered at proceed for a while but is now sold out.

JustGrowing420

I just grew some Sugar Haze from seedsman which is supposed to be Santa Marta x Haze.
This is looking a little hybrid for a pure sativa?
I do not know if it has any relationship with this line, found it interesting if anyone has any more info.
Did MadMac work this line further personally or is it a completely different line??
Couple shots, different phenos:

fetch

fetch

Sorry if off topic..

Raho

Veteran
I just grew some Sugar Haze from seedsman which is supposed to be Santa Marta x Haze.
This is looking a little hybrid for a pure sativa?
I do not know if it has any relationship with this line, found it interesting if anyone has any more info.
Did MadMac work this line further personally or is it a completely different line??
Couple shots, different phenos:

fetch

fetch

Sorry if off topic..

Sugar Haze is a hybrid created and sold by Seedsman. Mac has nothing to do with it.

When pressed for information about the Santa Marta outcross their pedigree lists, Seedsman simply report that it is what they said it was. However, fast, chunky phenos like what you found are common, and suggest something different that what one would expect from pure Santa Marta Gold, a long flowering narrow leafed tropical.

Assuming that the outcross parent was not SMCG (Santa Marta Colombian Gold) or at least not pure SMCG, this leads to theories about what was actually used to make the outcross.
For myself, I have always suspected that Seedsman crossed something from Reeferman with the Haze, Love Potion specifically
((G13 x SMCG) x SMCG).
The G13 genetics in Love Potion would explain the structure and faster flowering common with Sugar Haze, as well as the emphasis on lemon terps that used to be found in the Seedsman descriptions for the line.
This is just a complete guess on my part though.
The good news is that grow reports of Sugar Haze are consistently great. The pics of your plant look excellent. Hope she smokes well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.