What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MadMac's haze and haze hybrid's grow & show

TheDarkStorm

Hi Deep Thought
In person it looks like little diamonds D colour, very shiny
I live at the beach outside of the tropics, which certainly explains how fucked up this world is, I have very high UV at sea level. I spent my adult life at the northern hemisphere, it is really shocking how strong the sun is in the southern hemisphere. It feels stronger than in Kathmandu. It must be equivalent to levels you find at 2500-3000mts high in the north.
If northern hemisphere growers at sea level dont get the same results as me, then it must be the UV levels making the difference. I asked this same question at another thread, casually posted in it a pic of my version of White Widow which was crossed to Madmac haze males

I am also curious if things are a result of genetics or something else.
The only way to know is doing comparative growing
I have the incredible chance to be able to compare
These are my 4 girls from the Seedsman Original Haze pack
Girl 1

Girl 2

Girl 3

Girl 4

The crazy resin is in the Ohz genetics it seems, but then you need to run numbers and make selections in order to find the most resinous and vigorous ones and then smoke them all to find which one has the best high to your taste
For comparison I show you 3 more girls which are all carrying/forming seed made with pollen from MadMac hazes
CG72 fem 8
Basically all CG72 girls have the same amount of resin. I get a lot more charas when trimming Ohz, enough charas to get it to cure. I hardly could get charas for a little spliff out of this Cg72 girl

Ukhrul fem 1

Ukhrul fem 2

Funky horse can you clarify are those actually ohz directly from seedsman or a batch that perhaps someone may have worked ? From your pictures it looks like all the plants so far have that very resiny look...is that correct ? Thanks.

TheDarkStorm

MadMac

Is that Nevil's

Haze A (reversed) x Haze C

Masculin seeds?

Any clarification on this mac please? The only thing ive know to be in the public domain called ac was the a5 x skhzc...and was only ever given as pollen...as there was only a male kept and no females...from the picture it looks very much like the doors above it.....so be interesting to knowing what it could be please mac . Thanks.

Nexus7

Screenshot_20210530-103302.png

OHzs1 de Mac!

Many thanks amigo!

Lots of resin already too!

Greatdalas

Hi Deep Thought
In person it looks like little diamonds D colour, very shiny
I live at the beach outside of the tropics, which certainly explains how fucked up this world is, I have very high UV at sea level. I spent my adult life at the northern hemisphere, it is really shocking how strong the sun is in the southern hemisphere. It feels stronger than in Kathmandu. It must be equivalent to levels you find at 2500-3000mts high in the north.
If northern hemisphere growers at sea level dont get the same results as me, then it must be the UV levels making the difference. I asked this same question at another thread, casually posted in it a pic of my version of White Widow which was crossed to Madmac haze males

I am also curious if things are a result of genetics or something else.
The only way to know is doing comparative growing
I have the incredible chance to be able to compare
These are my 4 girls from the Seedsman Original Haze pack
Girl 1

Girl 2

Girl 3

Girl 4

The crazy resin is in the Ohz genetics it seems, but then you need to run numbers and make selections in order to find the most resinous and vigorous ones and then smoke them all to find which one has the best high to your taste
For comparison I show you 3 more girls which are all carrying/forming seed made with pollen from MadMac hazes
CG72 fem 8
Basically all CG72 girls have the same amount of resin. I get a lot more charas when trimming Ohz, enough charas to get it to cure. I hardly could get charas for a little spliff out of this Cg72 girl

Ukhrul fem 1

Ukhrul fem 2

Looks very good the seedsman haze

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well first thx to all who posting those amazing pic's here!
makes me really happy to see the outcome and differences everywhere ❤️
so let's start with the questions...

@TheDarkStorm
La Nina and Haze A/C are coming from Shanti direct...
Haze A/C was never released... same to the La Nina @ that time...
a different version of La Nina (more indica dom) was released than...
seeds where old and i'll got only a few to sprout...
most had deformations or genetic issues..
only 2 Lan Nina and one Haze A/C where great... those got hazed...
did also not found a good male in booth to make a repro...
the rest of those are old stock from my private seed stash...
89 NL#5 and AK beans NL#5 are from org source...
Black Widow is the F2 from first release... sativa leaning...

@funkyhorse
as far as i'll know and saw...
resin on the haze is amazing amount wise...
but UV light like you get there provokes more resin on plants if they are able to produce...
i'll used reptile UV light to get the same indoors and it works well... but is dangerous too...
and you can easily damage the plants and resin if you overdo it...
so yes from what i've seen... you have the perfect spot for it ;-)
high UV levels makes stronger weed...
also from what i've got so far... OHz is the resin queen...
there are some pheno's that have a amazing amount everywhere...

Nexus7 many thx for showing that beauty here!!!
that's how OHz should look like...
good yield like back in the day's ...
well well done so far...
she looks sooo happy outdoors...
happy to see also that vigor and yield is back and more pheno's show that now...
not only pearls on string or thin bud's...

well what i'll also noticed about the haze...
it doesn't like to hot temperatures ... than it shoots and stretches ... gives long fluffy bud's
indoors it's around 25°C best temp... and cold in the night eg 8-10°C difference or more...
haze doesn't like much fert's ... ec always under 1.2 ... very low N some P until midflower and last 6 weeks only little N and more K...
because OHz is very sensible ... it's best to use liquid fertilizer ... i'll use Biobiss and now Bionova ...
and best is in soil... because of buffer and long flowering...
in good soil like Biobizz light mix it's much easier to keep long flowering sativas happy....
keep in small pot's until they start to flower... best from cut... finishes also faster...
than transplant in 4 gallon or more... and use rooting helper the first 2 weeks...
use 11/13 light and last 6 weeks 10.5 h on...
if UV than only 1 hour in midday ... start low eg 10 min and than build up to 1 hour over time...
keep grow room temp low ... best for me was 22°C .. max 25°C ... and you get bigger bud's ... less stretch
heat = stretch
too much fert's = stretch
too strong light = stretch (too close to light source)

that's for indoors... outdoors it's different...
and haze loves it outdoors...
no mold no pm no pest...
can handle cold and wet very very well
and every hybrid made with it is better as there parents...
until now ... everything is better...
never mind but a reason why i'm so eager made all those hybrids...
soon it's time to see all the outcome and choose those who are worth to work on beside the OHz...
can't wait to start again on a different place...
but need to wait... and that sucks...
never mind that this worse case would happen ... and so quick... and now in this strange times where everything is upside down...
so well looking positive into the future... it will all be good in the end...
but needs time... time i'll loose
and time is the most important ;-)

many thx @ all for show and discuss
love it
M.:smoker:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Thank you very much for your work and answers MadMac!
This is the next generation, the X-Haze
I just sprouted a few seeds xy x xy from 2 different males

This bastard was found in the seeds made in male #4 coming out of the seeds labeled Ohz90, father unknown
Always expect the unexpected
X-Haze

It is my third whorled phillotaxy plant. I think experience helps you understand what to expect
Enjoy your weekend, I cant believe I will have Haze hash!! The dream of the kid will become true

perfect!!!
very very curious what comes out and how it looks...
my male x male seeds are also nearly ready... just a week more sun...
hope i'll can sprout some this year too ;-)
plz keep us updated about!
thx

funkyhorse It sounds like you live in one of those locations that is excellent for growing cannabis. I'm sure the smoke from.those plants is far superior to weed grown from other places. I have spent a.lot of time in one of those cannabis growing sweet spots and know From my own experience the difference in the quality of the end product. When I go to Hawaii and smoke the Hawaiian grown when I get off the plane it blows my mind wide open and rips my head off. It is weed on another level completely. And by another level, I mean another level that unless you have been to one of these places you don't understand. I call the weed in Hawaii actual drugs. It's the perfect place to grow, a sweet spot.

I imagine that your end product is also on another level as well.

Enjoy yourself my friend.

funkyhorse

Funky horse can you clarify are those actually ohz directly from seedsman or a batch that perhaps someone may have worked ? From your pictures it looks like all the plants so far have that very resiny look...is that correct ? Thanks.

HI TDS
Yes, those are from my own pack. They are all very resinous and make same kind of spikes
I am making a comparison with MadMac hazes in this post, I dont know where to post it, but knowledge is coming up from both threads so I quote it here
I have 5 plants from my Seedsman Haze pack
1 boy and four girls
The boy was not resinous. I almost didnt use it because of that. He is not alive anymore, he left about 30 seeds xy x xy
All MadMac boys were equally resinous on the stems. I am only understanding now what they are, I thought they were repros
Same with the girls. You could see the resin very early on the stem of all of the girls coming from MadMac be it labelled Seedsman Haze or Ohz90, but not in the stems of the girls from the Seedsman Haze pack. Only one of them showed some resin on the stem. Thats why I think a lot of individuals needed in order to find the most resinous boys. You need much more than just one pack, maybe thousand plants like SamS said?

I grow my Seedsman Haze pack and MadMac hazes side by side
On equal size plants, buds are at least 30% bigger or even double size on MadMac hazes. Same soil, same environment, same size pot.
From my pack, 3 of them grow very tall and 2 of them not so much
Seedsman original haze from pack fem 1 and 3, the difference is big between them

Size of trichomes seems to be bigger in MadMac hazes. I think from the same weight of buds, you would get more hash from the MadMac haze, but need to test it
Right Seedsman original haze from pack left MadMac Seedsman Haze x Ohz90. From pack is even a bit taller

Front Seedsman original haze from pack back mm haze

This is a comparison with a smaller cut
Seedsman Ohz from pack girl 3 in the back, front is cut of Seedsman Hz x Ohz 90s girl 1

Johnny, now I understand that these girls are carrying the grandsons of your work with Seedsman Hz, both boy and girl
I hope they make you a proud grandpa
Colombian Black girl 1. All the rest of the plants I found so far in this line should be called Colombian Green. I doubt I will find another girl like her in the rest of the seeds I have. I never seen flowers like this

Colombian Black Bastard. The only one to sprout of the whole pack

TheDarkStorm

HI TDS
Yes, those are from my own pack. They are all very resinous and make same kind of spikes
I am making a comparison with MadMac hazes in this post, I dont know where to post it, but knowledge is coming up from both threads so I quote it here

Thank you funky horse, great answer with much information. I really like the way you analyze and compare things in real time and are able to transfer that so well into your posts. With your eye, drive and passion for looking at tiny details we can see your going to be one great grower full of knowledge...personally I think you already have the great grower bit sorted.
​​​​

MadMac

far beyond driven...
HI TDS

many many thx for posting it here!
love the comparison ...
so happy someone did it.... :)
well one thing is little wrong...
Johnny, now I understand that these girls are carrying the grandsons of your work with Seedsman Hz, both boy and girl
I hope they make you a proud grandpa
i'll used the Seedsman Original seeds gifted by Johnny and the 90' OHz gifted by Golli...
there was no selection done before...
Golli used original cut's to make the seeds with 3 males...
and those are the resin monsters...
the bigger bud's are from one Golli OHz ...

_DSC0348.jpeg

happy to hear the good outcome everywhere...
and so happy all can now judge by themself...
all this hot talk about the haze...
needs a proof ;-)
thank you thank you all who posting the outcome here
really love it and helps to decide what to make better or improve...
to me it's the best smoke.
get hazed

Breadwizard

Just starting to get some frost, here's an OHz from madmac, a fascinated top, one of two I have on this one. Hard to see the flat stem structure from the picture, but it effects the bud structure greatly compared to the rest, which all look regular. Much leafier, but has more bud sites as well. The return of predator haze!

Edit: added the picture of the stem at one of the split spots, showing the flat stem

Attachments

• photo2049192.jpg
    photo2049192.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
  • photo2049205.jpg
    photo2049205.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Red October

Only done minimal testing on the Tom hill plants as the buds are fresh harvested and still drying, the raw brutality of the taller plant has me in awe. From what I can tell, the plants that show some coloring on their stems and leaves are medium potency, the green ones are definitely a level up, they have the same base effect but are completely different animals.

Wish I had taken more photos but I didn't get my feeding schedule right as we had alot of rain and I never got a chance to fertilize them after transplanting, so they could have bulked up more if I had taken the correct precautions. It's fine though as I only took their top main stems off and I'm busy revegging now. I'll do a proper smoke report once they've cured a bit as the sample I tried 3 days ago pales in comparison to what a few days curing can do and I'm expecting they will get alot stronger.

They also all have a very similar smell that I can't relate to anything but the taller lime green one again has a much more pronounced and intense pine smell to her. I only had 2 very small bongs last night and my ears are still ringing the day after. Crazy fukn shit man.

Attachments

• photo2042300.jpg
    photo2042300.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 41
  • photo2049269.jpg
    photo2049269.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2049270.jpg
    photo2049270.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 39
  • photo2049271.jpg
    photo2049271.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Only done minimal testing on the Tom hill plants as the buds are fresh harvested and still drying, the raw brutality of the taller plant has me in awe. From what I can tell, the plants that show some coloring on their stems and leaves are medium potency, the green ones are definitely a level up, they have the same base effect but are completely different animals.

Wish I had taken more photos but I didn't get my feeding schedule right as we had alot of rain and I never got a chance to fertilize them after transplanting, so they could have bulked up more if I had taken the correct precautions. It's fine though as I only took their top main stems off and I'm busy revegging now. I'll do a proper smoke report once they've cured a bit as the sample I tried 3 days ago pales in comparison to what a few days curing can do and I'm expecting they will get alot stronger.

They also all have a very similar smell that I can't relate to anything but the taller lime green one again has a much more pronounced and intense pine smell to her. I only had 2 very small bongs last night and my ears are still ringing the day after. Crazy fukn shit man.

it looks okay. enjoy the power. it would help if size can be bigger imo. I awaited it will have size like your destroyer...

Red October

I could definitely have done better with them, they are very hardy plants and basically don't need intensive pampering, much easier to control than I had thought. With a proper root structure they will grow large I suspect, I'm drawn to the very strong one but honestly she would be a bit much to handle smoking on a daily basis, trying to ease my mind a bit and trying to appreciate the other plants as the one has a nice social high compared to the tall one that basically feels like she could rip your face off if you smoke too much, another effect she gives me is kinda like having citric acid poured on my neck and shoulders, it's not something I've encountered before but stands out in my mind.

​​Edit: I think I've figured out what's causing the citric sensation I get from the one plant, she has the most intense long lasting flavor I've ever encountered and please don't get me wrong, terps and flavor have never been my strong point and generally they aren't important to me but.... This plant is just crazy and the flavor after smoking a bong the taste sticks in your mouth for basically hours, she smells and tastes like a less sweet version of apple sours schnapps with pepper and because the flavor stays active in your mouth for so long I'm assuming it starts permeating the salivary ducts maybe? I can definitely feel it and this is a first for me, they are all revegging just fine after only a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
johnny chicago's seed ...OHaze male x most sativa selection of Cuban black haze s1

added resin taste smell..but also added some sedation..

..... gotta grow out the r4's

http://
fetch

Attachments

• photo2050428.jpg
    photo2050428.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I could definitely have done better with them, they are very hardy plants and basically don't need intensive pampering, much easier to control than I had thought. With a proper root structure they will grow large I suspect, I'm drawn to the very strong one but honestly she would be a bit much to handle smoking on a daily basis, trying to ease my mind a bit and trying to appreciate the other plants as the one has a nice social high compared to the tall one that basically feels like she could rip your face off if you smoke too much, another effect she gives me is kinda like having citric acid poured on my neck and shoulders, it's not something I've encountered before but stands out in my mind.

​​Edit: I think I've figured out what's causing the citric sensation I get from the one plant, she has the most intense long lasting flavor I've ever encountered and please don't get me wrong, terps and flavor have never been my strong point and generally they aren't important to me but.... This plant is just crazy and the flavor after smoking a bong the taste sticks in your mouth for basically hours, she smells and tastes like a less sweet version of apple sours schnapps with pepper and because the flavor stays active in your mouth for so long I'm assuming it starts permeating the salivary ducts maybe? I can definitely feel it and this is a first for me, they are all revegging just fine after only a couple of weeks.

thats why THoHz is my favorite. so tasty! dutch haze doesn't come close... and just as strong or stronger... keep it up.

Latest posts

Latest posts