What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mac vs. PC - the great debate

macs and linux is easily taken over if u have the right tools u can root a mac and set up remote access to the box

just ask these bot net herders on mIRC...i wont go into details but all the programs u need are free to hack a mac/win box .... no one is safe NO ONE whos connected to the net ....i know of a few good exploits running around on 7 also but im not going into details to give anyone who may be reading information...the info is out there just got to know where to find it

BigPhil

Veteran
Been a online gamer Id rahter make my own pc to the spec I want Ive never bought a ready made system, Never really wanted apple dont think I ever will, Windows has always been fine for what Ive wanted it for, And I dont really care if mircosoft steals ideas from mac as long i can get plenty of head shots when I'm gaming :bashhead:

Thing is every1's diffrent and every1 has there own taste's and needs

But id rather have an alien wear pc or another custom made any day

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
macs and linux is easily taken over if u have the right tools u can root a mac and set up remote access to the box

just ask these bot net herders on mIRC...i wont go into details but all the programs u need are free to hack a mac/win box .... no one is safe NO ONE whos connected to the net ....i know of a few good exploits running around on 7 also but im not going into details to give anyone who may be reading information...the info is out there just got to know where to find it

Hell, no one is safe that has a cd rom or floppy drive...mac or pc...i can hack into a pc within 10 minutes with the right software on a floppy or cdr...:tiphat:

WeedWizard

As an IT pro, Id recommend mac to people with little or no computer experience, simply more user friendly and reliable.

That being said, Apple computers are more expensive.

Microsoft platform is the defacto standard. When your computer goes haywire, its easy to find some support on PCs, this is more difficult with Mac.

Stability, well quite simple really. Windows platform is made by Microsoft, who have to make their system compatible with a wide array of hardware manufactors (HP, Dell, Lenovo etc.) This will always leave room for conflicts of some sort. Its alot simpler with Apple. They produce the platform OS to specific hardware. Needless to say, it rules out some of those conflicts software can have with hardware.

Anyway, time to puff, will drop by later. :)

Stay Puft

Many years later...the fight continues.:)
cpufight.gif

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
OS X is the best OS currently out. It's the only OS I like more than Ubuntu. The only people I wouldn't recommend OS X for are gamers, but the only games worth playing work natively on Mac anyway.

Most people's opinion on Mac are based on OS 9 which was garbage.

G

Guest3498

My last 2 notebooks have been macs. Loved OSX from the minute I switched over, macs definitely suit my needs better...

bucks8n

Love my macbook pro - it runs Windows 7 so damn well!

And I choose to boot it into it (rEFIt is a great EFI boot app free that makes choosing OS easy)

Windows for work, mac for play -

crazybear

I have always had a mac, seems easier to fix bugs than what I hear from friends & family dealing with pc's , just turn it off & start back-up fixed . I'm not saying Mac's are perfect posting pictures on web sites is near impossible for me , tried to use photo bucket & I was wondering how I was going to remove my desk top from their site when I allowed them to access my computer to load multiple pictures from my computer.

smokefrogg

Veteran
I have always had a mac, seems easier to fix bugs than what I hear from friends & family dealing with pc's , just turn it off & start back-up fixed . I'm not saying Mac's are perfect posting pictures on web sites is near impossible for me , tried to use photo bucket & I was wondering how I was going to remove my desk top from their site when I allowed them to access my computer to load multiple pictures from my computer.

hmmm...i love macs too, buuuuut

from my experience, when shit hits the fan it hits pretty hard on the mac, there were many times when i fixed the macs at work and the only way was to get into terminal and start working some unix magic, i could never ever expect the average computer user to even begin to figure some of that out

the pcs do have more issues more often in general, but they are generally easier to fix than a major mac issue most of the time

just my own experiences...btw, with the mac, it's pretty amazing how many things "repair permissions" can hold my hand and fix for me

Latest posts

Latest posts