What's new

Diary {{{MAC#1}}} Capulator Clone

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not to hijack...but An additional thought if anyone has any interest, for the cooler months of the year to add heat to the room, ive been contemplating an idea i feel would work. Outfitting a led room with vert cmh bulbs too.

Basically building the LED light array for 100% of my lighting needs, then staggering the 315cmh bulbs. how many 315's added would be based on my heating btu needs. During lights on the 315's could be added to part of the"heating system", so when the controller is calling for more heat it fires a separate cmh channel. Putting a large dead band and or adding or subtracting "X" amount of 315's is gonna take some live time research. Based off the temps of the growers Region, the seasons, and the building insulation will all have a part.

The controller will see the increase of ppfd from the cmh, and automatically begin to dim the leds.

At this point im feeling maybe 2 led 660-750w fixtures to one 315cmh. CMH bulbs Ideally placed in the canopy areas with the least amount of measurable PPFD

The hydro-x pro controller has a add on par sensor that can be setup to increase or decrease led light output based on desired ppfd or dli. You set the ppfd or dli and the controller will dim or increase led's accordingly. Think this idea of on the fly dimming came from greenhouse supplemental lighting, to adjust for cloudy or sunny days as they unfold. Allowing the rate of photosynthesis to stabilize and maintaining the current water and feed schedule. Increasing odds of expected greenhouse production and becoming as efficient as possible with light fixture energy consumption.

In my eyes ATP the 315's are a far better use of electricity then adding a heater to the room. Well, will see soon enough. Some point will add a thread.....

bsafe man..
I miss the Land Of One Thousand Colas

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BEC6D618-276C-4F1D-9B27-D3BB289EBDDB.jpeg