What's new

Diary {{{MAC#1}}} Capulator Clone

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Just harvested some mac1 today. She never disappoints... unless she micro nugs like star said. She can be finicky sometimes.
20230118_104635.jpg
20230118_104642.jpg
20230118_104701.jpg
20230118_104710.jpg
20230118_104801.jpg
20230118_104813.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
If you're from France you could try to locate some clones in Austria. Some shops seem to have clones of the MAC. I am not sure how legit they are but a few shops have it on their menu. You need to go their in person cause they don't send outside the country. And if I was you I would do a bigger trip to collect from different shops as I had mixed experiences with them. I wanted the Core Cut and the nearest shop Dr. GREEN sold me wrong cuts. I had to go to Vienna visiting Flowery Field to get the real one. I don't know about pests circulating but there are some rumours about some shops. Flowery Field seem to have a better reputation as they are into tissue culture and cleaning clones from pests this way.
That could be an option but I'm on the west side of France so it makes a very long trip to get uncertified clones, I'm not interested enough in the elite cut game to make thousand kilometers to get some but thanks for the idea. I like to grow seeds and select my own keepers, I have shared many selections and it's always a pleasure when I see a stranger growing my cut, I find this more rewarding than collecting the famous names in the game.

Drumskinz

Drumskinz

btw VP do you still use the hydrofarm raptor grow lights? They are huge, bulky and heavy…before I went to LED’s I used three of them…they did produce great flowers… when they were originally delivered to me they had to come by freight which was pretty expensive at the time

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

mack 10

Veteran
Wow, wow, wow!
You do it every time .
You the mac1 growking.
Wish I could taste your flowers as they really do look amazing.
Who ever gets to smoke on these wonder nugs you area lucky dude/ gal.
Big ups Star.
On another note, any word on them haze beans we talked about?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
btw VP do you still use the hydrofarm raptor grow lights? They are huge, bulky and heavy…before I went to LED’s I used three of them…they did produce great flowers… when they were originally delivered to me they had to come by freight which was pretty expensive at the time
Not the raptors but the ones like them from hydrofarm. The magnum xxl 8”. Gonna be upgrading soon tho. My pole barn is gonna start being built in 2 months. Haven’t decided if I’m going LEDs or Gavita 750s

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Not the raptors but the ones like them from hydrofarm. The magnum xxl 8”. Gonna be upgrading soon tho. My pole barn is gonna start being built in 2 months. Haven’t decided if I’m going LEDs or Gavita 750s
I have a feeling 750 bulbs are going to go extinct pretty soon here.
Gavita is not making them anymore. Or 1000 watt de for that matter.

Drumskinz

Yeah the led’s I use are the HLG 550rspec which are a few years old and I don’t think they’re made anymore but they do the job… plus I did get the good buddy deal from one of our members on them…Someday I’ll upgrade myself to another version of the HLG’s…maybe the blackbirds because my ceiling is low at 87” and you can get as close as 20 inches to the tops of your plants…there was a bit of a learning curve for LED’s for me mainly your plants like to eat more and the lack of heat to gage the stressing on your plants…

gmanwho

Veteran
Not that anybody cares but until the LEDs come down in price I’m sticking with the HPS
Lovely MAC, The return of the MAC! (it never left)

prices are getting better with leds. Lot to choose from but few things remain relevant, the MFG of diodes or boards and the drivers, then the mfg who puts them together. Im not completely current like some over in the LED threads. But to date i believe that if u stick with samsung and ushio diodes and meanwell drivers you have the better if not the best to offer at this point in time. There is one more driver thats been coming up to bat, i cant remember the name at the moment. (inventronics maybe)

Things have advanced alot in the last years.

Companies do white label or rebrand products. Companies that assemble all to often use low end parts and demand high prices, floraflex thinkgrow luxx ,growers choice, chill led. Or when they do use better parts they demand even higher prices, fluence, spyder. Really comes down to reading what the parts where used to assemble the light, the reputation that the mfg an hopefully isnt using cloned parts or relabeled as the better parts.

:smoker:
Kinda reminds me of watching over the years / decades watching computer processors advance, modems, hard drives, ram memory, or tube tvs and then the leap to Led tv's. Cell phones. things can happen fast, development starts hitting some major benchmarks and advance quickly. then there is a point where they plateau an just keep getting a little and little better, till a major break through or design makes the next pivotal leap.

Could be just me, but i feel like we are at the little by little advancement right now. so the 6 months ago model is discounted because today's 0.02% or 0.04% increase in efficiency is the new. so the 6month old design / diode is the best bang for the buck!

I do believe we are kinda at that plateau point right now. And with the increase in electricity charges lately it makes more sense for led.

Think its safe to say, at least from my stand point, you should be under a $1 a watt when pricing lights at the 500-750watt range. 750-800 watt maybe 80-90 cents to the watt

Other problem is people tend to say LED as a general term, and all led's are not the same. So when someone pays 1k for a $400 fixture , and it underperforms, they arent to happy. wattage and efficiency, color spectrum, uv a&B ratios, red blue green white ratios, far red...

The biggest thing in my eyes are the benefits of led BARS, not chip on boards, or leds concentrated in one area. Create one big reflector with the bar lights, disperse the energy and delivery evenly across the canopy. Cool and efficient, and yes sometimes to cool. NOT vaporizing terpene's. Now, matching the room environment to the plant is the tricky part.

A higher end led setup is like putting someone in the seat of a car with 1000hp motor and say navigate this course in 60-75 seconds( meaning 60-75 days of flower). They put their foot to the floor and not change other inputs, or dont realize how to change the other inputs, that make the 1000hp motor effective. knowing u can safely travel to the end sometimes using all of the motor, and knowing when to get off the throttle and back on. Can you keep that vehicle on the track?

How well you did isnt really measured by speed & seconds of the total flower days.( unless u can shave days off, which in veg you can) it is measured in how efficient you got to the finish line, the quality and quantity of the product in terms of efficiency. eventually, Your quality and efficiency maybe the only thing that keeps you relative in the game. Knowing when its time to ramp down production, or increase.

Or maybe your fine with not pushing the envelope....

Just some sunday morning cannabis an coffee.... hope you well star!!

:smoker: :smoker:

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
not to hijack...but An additional thought if anyone has any interest, for the cooler months of the year to add heat to the room, ive been contemplating an idea i feel would work. Outfitting a led room with vert cmh bulbs too.

Basically building the LED light array for 100% of my lighting needs, then staggering the 315cmh bulbs. how many 315's added would be based on my heating btu needs. During lights on the 315's could be added to part of the"heating system", so when the controller is calling for more heat it fires a separate cmh channel. Putting a large dead band and or adding or subtracting "X" amount of 315's is gonna take some live time research. Based off the temps of the growers Region, the seasons, and the building insulation will all have a part.

The controller will see the increase of ppfd from the cmh, and automatically begin to dim the leds.

At this point im feeling maybe 2 led 660-750w fixtures to one 315cmh. CMH bulbs Ideally placed in the canopy areas with the least amount of measurable PPFD

The hydro-x pro controller has a add on par sensor that can be setup to increase or decrease led light output based on desired ppfd or dli. You set the ppfd or dli and the controller will dim or increase led's accordingly. Think this idea of on the fly dimming came from greenhouse supplemental lighting, to adjust for cloudy or sunny days as they unfold. Allowing the rate of photosynthesis to stabilize and maintaining the current water and feed schedule. Increasing odds of expected greenhouse production and becoming as efficient as possible with light fixture energy consumption.

In my eyes ATP the 315's are a far better use of electricity then adding a heater to the room. Well, will see soon enough. Some point will add a thread.....

bsafe man..

Latest posts

Latest posts