What's new

Louie XIII

We_Solidarity

any details on the way to clone difficult og's then? my friend got an Abusive teen and neither of us can get roots in aerocloners.

we use a turbo cloner, with the fan exhaust in the bottom and a fan blowing the top of the clones. take small cuts (two nodes and the top growth is what we do), and leave at lease two node sites inside the cloner. We use GH rapidstart at full strength, ph only once, and add fresh water/rapidstart only as the res depletes. we also spray vita-grow anti-wilt on the moms the day before cloning, and again on the clones after their cut. i think that stuff's the biggest factor, our success rates went from low 80s to losing five clones every three hundred or so, shit's awesome!

as far as finding the right og cut...almost anything that isn't growing impossibly stretchy and skinny i've found to be sub-par...the best og i've had always has almost pathetic looking growth until almost six weeks in veg. granted i'm in CO so i don't have the phenomenal OG diversity that is on the best coast, but we have some incredible staple og's out here and every one of them i've seen has growth like that.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
any details on the way to clone difficult og's then? my friend got an Abusive teen and neither of us can get roots in aerocloners.

I always assumed that Louis 13 was just a name to designate that it was an expertly grown OG. In LA the dispensaries are always throwing up Charlie Sheen OG, and Aurora mass murder OG, whatever is in the news or hip seems to take the place of "Platinum" or some planetary name. It's a bitch now that I'm trying to grow my own meds to find that
original funk.

yesterday I saw a clone dispensary in the valley mentioned in a different thread.
it's called progressive options genetics and on their website they list the Louis 13 as
one of their many OG's. I think I want to try a selection from them next time I go to
LA.

"is it Source from Ape? cause he the one releasing cuts up in Norcal now "
mentioned in the 2nd post- any more info about what or who Ape is???

thanks

I sure love me some good OG... even shitty OG is like heaven when all you been smoking
is not OG.
progressive options is MOSTLY great, I have ran most of their og cuts...mix-ups happen, treat em for everything, be prepared for them to not have what you want in stock unless making an order.

Grizz

Veteran
chopped the mom i had and it is a massive yielder for a og, looks to yield better than the legand . wont run the louie any more though cause it just takes to long to root if it roots at all.

Sessile G

I always assumed that Louis 13 was just a name to designate that it was an expertly grown OG. In LA the dispensaries are always throwing up Charlie Sheen OG, and Aurora mass murder OG, whatever is in the news or hip seems to take the place of "Platinum" or some planetary name. It's a bitch now that I'm trying to grow my own meds to find that
original funk.

yesterday I saw a clone dispensary in the valley mentioned in a different thread.
it's called progressive options genetics and on their website they list the Louis 13 as
one of their many OG's. I think I want to try a selection from them next time I go to
LA.

"is it Source from Ape? cause he the one releasing cuts up in Norcal now "
mentioned in the 2nd post- any more info about what or who Ape is???

thanks

I sure love me some good OG... even shitty OG is like heaven when all you been smoking
is not OG.

u are right about all the different named ogs..

last week a coop had like 24 different ogs..some smelled a little different some the same.

and yes i do like ogs every now then.

ForestBuds

original funk.

is not OG.

Good info. It's El "OG" California holy grail that we all are after.

Louie XIII does stand on its own and deserves a honorable mention in my book. The name is fitting for its effect and look.

Charlie Sheen OG is good. I could be wrong but it could be related to Platinum OG. I have always notice that Platinum genetics have root beer smell to it and has nothing special in the effect department.

Aurora Mass Murder. Wow :tumbleweed: that's a tasteless name. Well its those who know do know thing.

Jupiter OG, Mars OG and Cotton Candy Kush OG and Tahoe OG hits the spot all day long. :bow:

Word... once again and secondly OG does meet the HYPE and YES it will bring us world peace! :greenstars:

big twinn

Veteran
Can anyone enlighten my as to what each of the planetary OGs are? Is it safe to say that they are renames for a "planetary" collective?

...LOL Cotton Candy Kush OG....if it tastes anything like Cotton Candy, I can't see how that would meet the expectations of the OG lemon fuelly funk.

ForestBuds

Can anyone enlighten my as to what each of the planetary OGs are? Is it safe to say that they are renames for a "planetary" collective?

...LOL Cotton Candy Kush OG....if it tastes anything like Cotton Candy, I can't see how that would meet the expectations of the OG lemon fuelly funk.

opps. I meant to say Cotton Candy OG. Got it somewhere deep in the valley of San Fernando. It doesn't taste like cotton candy but it's a couple hitter knock out shit. It made my wife and one of her friend pass out cold on the highway. Most OG I see are not lemon fuelly funk especially the Planetary OG line up. True OG does get a honorable mention as well and I don't sense any lemon smell in it. Chemdawg and OG earthy lineage has similar kerosene type of smell to me.

I did not have an extraordinary experience with lemon OG smells such as Larry OG and SFV OG in California. I did try less than perfect representative of them both. It's all about the genetic lineage and environment that leads to the flower in your hand .

I would rate Tahoe OG up within the realms of Planetaries.

Sure.. I can pull up some information from https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238932

OG is pretty much the flagship cannabis strain of California. I have seen over 400 cannabis strains in California alone and OG and her family is a highly sought holy grail in this state hence the holy trinity. Excellent analogues can be found on this thread. Like everyone say... when you try it. You will know what everybody is talking about. It's true! :dance013:

I have to try GSC sometime soon to see what the hype is all about. My OG benchmark is Jupiter Kush from Earth Collective circa 2006 that I compare all OG kush to.

So far the OG that lives up to the hype for me is ... Mars OG, Tahoe OG and True OG. *Sadly I haven't had authentic OG for more than a year now* So many OG's out there. I hope they all don't go extinct! I must try them all so does the world!
:greenstars:

2l95qo5.png

xp36h4.png

3536nph.png

big twinn

Veteran
for some reason i always thought the planetary OG's were just pseudo names for SFV, Tahoe, and the likes. Thanks for taking the time to post all of that, I appreciate it ForestBuds!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I never heard of no planetary buds in the clubs, sounds like a bullshit marketing sceem ta me. But then I aint been ta no clubs in LA either...

ForestBuds

I never heard of no planetary buds in the clubs, sounds like a bullshit marketing sceem ta me. But then I aint been ta no clubs in LA either...

Florin Wellness Center had Mars OG in Southern Sacramento approx 2 years ago. Another one near Auburn and Orange Grove had it too in Sacramento a year ago. Both were really good and authentic. It's almost a completely different scene down south on strain selections. The last time I was down there.. I had Louie XIII which was outstanding. :biggrin:

shmalphy

Veteran
I don't understand how these strains are all related. I thought OG Kush was a clone only strain... Are these all hybrids, with OG as the mother?

hdn155

The planetary og's are just the sfv, tahoe, larry, etc renamed. It was a marketing tactic used by the earth collective in so cal ( la or oc, not sure). It really caught fire and clinics would pay more if you had some planetary og.

big twinn

Veteran
The planetary og's are just the sfv, tahoe, larry, etc renamed. It was a marketing tactic used by the earth collective in so cal ( la or oc, not sure). It really caught fire and clinics would pay more if you had some planetary og.

Thats the impression I was under.

ForestBuds

I don't understand how these strains are all related. I thought OG Kush was a clone only strain... Are these all hybrids, with OG as the mother?

That's the big question on how they all are related. You could say that anything that ranks up with OG can be have the "OG" title added to it to make it sound better that drives up the hype. There are so many people who never had the real deal. For example. Cotton Candy OG is so damn good but I'm not really sure if its related to Planetary, Tahoe, SFV, Larry or year 2011 True OG. I base my OG perspective comparison off on what I just mentioned.

I forgot to bring up Diablo OG. That's a mighty fine OG as well! So many of them that does deserve the "OG" title in South California. My basic "OG" criteria is that.. it has to have crown like calyx dense bud structure that gives you immediate satisfying tingling effect after blowing the smoke out of your nose. You can feel the effects all over your head for sure. Guaranteed couple hitter to satisfy even the most demanding sophisticated smoker.

Subtle difference in effects and taste happens with variation of OG's with some or more of body effect. I believe that OG originated from Florida via Colorado or direct to California. I also believe that Florida got the genetics from the Carribean by physical seed pick up or imported stuff. I've noticed that SFV OG looks similar to Lambsbread as well. Just an educated guess based on I've read so far based on my own research on line and OG genetic hunt.

Here is some pictures I found on line

The planetary wonders of Southern California....

8yyij9.png

2h2duvn.png

10x91ms.png

e7cv7s.png

9ubucx.png

ForestBuds

ForestBuds said:
You could say... hype.

Clearly it is all about hype... The new "haze" lol

You could say that anything that ranks up with OG can be have the "OG" title added to it to make it sound better that drives up the hype.

Same loose analogy can be applied to Haze, Skunk, Northern Lights, Blueberry flower/strains in the past and today still. It's a proven classic that can easily claim its legendary mythical status. It's the new name that gets slapped on a lot of things in California. It's all about the end product factor and whether if it is authentic genetically. Here is one good comment to explain the mighty OG's aura.

is not OG.

There are so many people who never had the real deal. For example. Cotton Candy OG is so damn good but I'm not really sure if its related to Planetary, Tahoe, SFV, Larry or year 2011 True OG. I base my OG perspective comparison off on what I just mentioned.

Have you tried any "OG"? :blowbubbles: