What's new

Louie XIII

well, louis XIII is a cognac that costs $1300 a bottle. hell the empty bottle alone is worth over $100 since it is made of baccarat crystal. so maybe it's named after the cognac that has been around for a while....

the rule at a bar is if you get the last of it, you get to keep the empty bottle. if you live in a decent area look around at the liquor store next time you are there. i've seen it a few times

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Haha forgot they tend to come with roots. Well lets hope they take a month if you decide to take some cuts, for that serious OG shit. :tiphat:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
well, louis XIII is a cognac that costs $1300 a bottle. hell the empty bottle alone is worth over $100 since it is made of baccarat crystal. so maybe it's named after the cognac that has been around for a while....
^^^^this is how it got it's name...100%..the cali game is crazy so if you grow og better than a lot of people your forced to throw your own tag on it to get top $ og is one of the best and worst things out here if that makes sense, I'm sure you'll knock her outta the park Gmo.

Grizz

Veteran
^^^^this is how it got it's name...100%..the cali game is crazy so if you grow og better than a lot of people your forced to throw your own tag on it to get top $ og is one of the best and worst things out here if that makes sense, I'm sure you'll knock her outta the park Gmo.
saw yours a few weeks ago and without a doubt it deserves the name.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
I read somewhere the other day that it is actually quite old, like 28 years or something?

since it involves royalty I imagine there is some purple strain in te mix?

Assuming wrong didm. Just got the Louie from a good buddy, the lineage can be traced back about 10 years through my friend and his old mentor. I'm stoked to know its the real one and not some of imitations or s1's goin around.

big twinn

Veteran
I've got a friend rooting me a few Louis xiii as we speak. I'm assuming like everyone has chimed in that it will take a hot minute to do so. I'll definitely be following this thread! Very excited to run her! How does she compare/differ from the sfv and ghost? She will be growing right beside them!
Cheers,
Bt

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sneaky is your friend responsible for the Bonaparte, we've always heard they can from the same group as the Louie?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
she looks like she ready to flower, started goin all 3 leaf on me n lookin kinda spindely. I took a couple cuts yesterday so will see how they root...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
who asked for cuts? I only brought up cuts cuz I jus took some n wanna see how long they take to root...

We_Solidarity

I LOVE the louie-- just did a run of louie, hells angels, diablo, skywalker, and sfv, the louie is looking like the winner followed close by the hells angels. these two are very similar, but the louie grows quicker and her bottom nodes stretch up more. I got 5.7 ozs a plant off her compared to 3-4 off the others, so definitely the yielder of the group, not to mention the frostiest (trimmers had golf ball sized balls of scissor hash..waawaaaaaaa!).

All og is hard as shit to root, louie was almost impossible, but if you're patient and give them lots of air circulation and other love you can coax them out in two weeks with a great success rate. They definitely will get Mg deficient early on, and lockup on P/K, boron, iron, and ca/mg if you over water even once. fun, challenging plants to grow, especially in a commercial/production setting.

if you can find this cut, it's worth a go. ultra piney smell, hashy, thick smoke. def running it and HAOG again :)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
any details on the way to clone difficult og's then? my friend got an Abusive teen and neither of us can get roots in aerocloners.

I always assumed that Louis 13 was just a name to designate that it was an expertly grown OG. In LA the dispensaries are always throwing up Charlie Sheen OG, and Aurora mass murder OG, whatever is in the news or hip seems to take the place of "Platinum" or some planetary name. It's a bitch now that I'm trying to grow my own meds to find that
original funk.

yesterday I saw a clone dispensary in the valley mentioned in a different thread.
it's called progressive options genetics and on their website they list the Louis 13 as
one of their many OG's. I think I want to try a selection from them next time I go to
LA.

"is it Source from Ape? cause he the one releasing cuts up in Norcal now "
mentioned in the 2nd post- any more info about what or who Ape is???

thanks

I sure love me some good OG... even shitty OG is like heaven when all you been smoking
is not OG.