What's new

Loudog's lounge

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
really nice lou... wish I had some of that right now. The cj looks tasty as well, thanks for sharin'

-Chimera

L

LouDog420

Honored and priviledged to have ya stop in Chimera!! I'm absolutely loving the smells of my C+ 3... Straight up orange soda ;) The other lady ain't no slouch in the trich department either!

Good vibes to you, and thanks for the beans!!

Thanks Dr. here is a little more info on the rumpus room... I've already let my C+ males run their course, so I took some shots from my midnight madness test grow

Males are in the rumpus room, tops folded, ready to catch pollen... Here's a shot for anyone interested

Pan to collect runoff, paper to collect the pollen. In a cardboard box. Lit by 2 - 23w CFLs... Easy peazy.

picture.php
picture.php

Basically, I used a box for hanging clothes. I ran some string through the top so I could hang a power strip and strap on a few CFLs... Cut a hole in the bottom and threw a cheapo fabric air filter on in that I had lying around.

Close up the box at night for darkness. No fans necessary. The heat rising and the inlet in the bottom do the trick for me. Some tray to collect water under the plants, and couple pieces of a paper to collect the pollen... Supercrop the men and away you go

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Nice work in here, Lou, as usual. Rumpus room is a sweet addition to the garden, seed making is addictive!

Cuttings in the fridge will do in a pinch but I've noticed that anything past 3 weeks is a roll of the dice. Mold tends to rear its ugly head around that point.

L

LouDog420

Thanks for the input on the fridge cuttings ras. Sounds like it's not quite gonna be what I'm looking for, but is now stored in the old memory bank ;)

Seed making is definitely addictive! I've ran the rumpus room with ultra sonja, midnight madness, and now the c+... Something like 30+ polyhybrids in the gene bank, every time crossing my finest ladies and cuts with the nicest males... Separated by pheno in cases where I have multiple girls from a single variety :D

Just makes me smile every time I look into that seed vault and see all those varieties safe and secure even if I lose a cut or two
moon.gif

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looking good over there Lou!!! Making your own crosses is definitely very rewarding and addictive no doubt. Keep up the great work over there brotha!!

L

LouDog420

day 44

day 44

so, I'm pretty sure GM jinxed it when he asked how close my male rumpus room was to my flowering pod... Forgot I had 1gal pots in there instead of the usual beer cups, and the taped up bottom didn't hold. Flipped out along with some of the pollen... Definitely noticing some unintentional beaners, but it doesn't look like more than 200 or so unintentional ones throughout the whole crop. I'll be damned, but it should make for some great beans at least

That and some abnormally high temps have this round not looking the greatest. I tried to get by without a screen after installing my second light... Bad idea... Tying back buds is not fun at all as much as I love a sticky forearm...

I have everything tied back nicely for now, and a new AC unit, so the issues should subside and those beans should mature properly... Next run in a few months will kill it, I promise you... More plants, proper second tier, less variety with the best of the best making it, and total environmental control... Hoping for the lb mark this run, and the 1gpw after I make my upgrades

Picture time.....

Pregnant Casey Jones
picture.php

Casey
picture.php

C+ 4, big resin coated, round buds
picture.php

c+3, orange soda girl... You can see the skinny top where we had some high temps and she stretched her legs a little bit... I think she should fill out real nice though
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

day 44 cont' d

day 44 cont' d

whole pod shots
picture.php

picture.php

sour bubble
picture.php

midnight madness
picture.php

moon.gif

L

LouDog420

day 44 pt 3...

day 44 pt 3...

white jones 2
picture.php

picture.php

white jones 1
picture.php

sweet tooth #4 IBL, pheno 3
picture.php

Cheers all

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looking good as usual over there Lou!!! Looks like ya got a good pheno of Madness too. Very nice all around. :cool:

L

LouDog420

Hey GO, the madness is a very nice gal... Call her bertha, with claim to fame going to JBG. Hope that boy is doing well and safe
comfort.gif

Found her out of a single pack and just blew the others away in terms of yield, calyx to leaf, and growth vigor. All were frosty, tastey, and stoney, so it really just came down to growth characteristics for that one ...

Loving my new AC for the time being
woohoo.gif

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Looking great bro! Nice frosty nuggets in there. That sweet 4 smells dank huh?! I love smellin that plant, everything about her scent wise is bliss! As for those White Jones, how are they smelling? Much love bro, SL

L

LouDog420

Hey stagger, sweet 4 is smelling real good. More of a mellow acidic sweet. Honestly though, both c+ are out smelling her atm, but she's still got some time, and there's a real nice looking sweet4 in the back that I can't get shots of or smell for that matter... A bit disappointed with what looks to be a smaller yield with lots of leaf, but I will wait to pass judgement until she hits the pipe and finishes up. I still have 11 beans so I will do another search when the space is available ;)

White jones are in the same boat.... Stuck in the back of the pod, so no smells till at least 60 days when some of the quicker girls will be coming down. They are starting to swell though, and look frosty as can be

:D

Cheers bro

L

LouDog420

day 48

day 48

Buds are definitely the densest and nicest looking out of the pod so far. Just wish I had put up the screen.... Short one here...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

L

LouDog420

Both are et oil from the same wash... Dark stuff was scrapped normally, the light stuff was whipped for 10 minutes or so. Much firmer on the whipped until it hits your skin for more than 5 seconds, and then it's melty goodness... More experimentation is definitely needed, aka lots of taste tests today ;)

picture.php
picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
OUTSTANDING JOB LOU!!!..AS USUAL
what a nice group of baby you have!!! the final pix of pure cream lookin yummy as hell!!!
enjoyed that pleasure bro!!!

L

LouDog420

day 53

day 53

Thanks KW! Day 53 updates here...

picture.php

cj
picture.php

Cplus 3, not liking the heat too much...
picture.php

cplus 4, dome top
picture.php

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Nice update bro, ladies are lookin sexy as usual :joint: How do those white jones smell?? Really interested in those! Nice hash as well :yay: Much love bro, SL

Latest posts

Latest posts