What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for that PINE!

EastCoastGambit

Now that my Soulmate and Cocoon are pretty much cured I will say this, very nice bud and smoke. I think the Wookie which is a lavender cross dominates, at least in the phenos I got which is a small sample.

midwestkid

Veteran
Now that my Soulmate and Cocoon are pretty much cured I will say this, very nice bud and smoke. I think the Wookie which is a lavender cross dominates, at least in the phenos I got which is a small sample.
i grew a lavender aura from bodhi and i think i got a wookie pheno. i really like the effect. its a dont worry about it high. feels medical for my body

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
I have a cross that I have made several years ago. First time testing it guerillia style.

Maroc.Inspiration x (Flatlandbasic x Maroc.Inspiration)

Started flowering a week ago. This weed will be very terpentine like. A pineweed at it's best. Seems to get some purple calyxes.

IMG_2595_1024x768.JPG
IMG_2589_1024x768.JPG

EastCoastGambit

So a little update on my cross of Romulan x Skywalker OG. I have 3 plants outdoor, smell is not piney at all. Funny with 2 pine bearing parents.

The smell is kind of floral, almost opium like and a hint of grape bubbleyum.

Wonder if it would be different indoors. All 3 plants smell very similar. Could be onto something good none the less even without the pine.

I'll throw some pics up in a bit.

EastCoastGambit

MAF looks interesting. Semi Auto so finishes early which is good for my area. I'll see if I can find these for next season but I dont like ordering beans from overseas personally.

EastCoastGambit

ya 680/315 they switched up on me. i ordered prom realgorilla few times now they are good no bs. when the time come and you dont want to i might have extras we can figure somthin out i just think you appreciate the pine outta those i sure did
I could trade you something when the time comes.

I was in Cuse for like 10 years so I know it's good people (mostly) throughout those areas.

Devondale

Looking nice I hope they develop the pine later for you. I kept that squat romulan.The smell is refined like perfume grape, kind of bubblegum early flower and then the forest soil and pine funk comes in later

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I could trade you something when the time comes.

I was in Cuse for like 10 years so I know it's good people (mostly) throughout those areas.
ya gonna snag a pack soon before they sell out happened to me with a few strains this spring will have extra few for sure. 10 yrs we prob crossed paths at one point i aint been down that way in awhile heard they are rerouting 81 through there. onondaga lake still smells like shit you aint missing much there

EastCoastGambit

started harvesting my outdoor today. Came back from a 4-5 day trip to Denver and detected 2-3 bud sites with bud rot and also found 2 bud worms.

Started trimming with thorough inspection of all material, ditched any sign of bud rot or caterpillar turds which was minimal thankfully, and did the 3 bucket (lemon baking sode, peroxide H2O, clean rinse water) to clean up whatever I am hoping to salvage. They may be like 5-10 days early but its better than losing it all, right? Still look and smell great and sticky AF!

Good luck out there pine heads, with my indoor I am just getting into my Sour Bubble grow from Tonygreen's crosses - so pine is kind of on pause as I needed to get some new flavors in.

I'll be back to it soon enough though

Midwest Slim

Hoping someone in this thread has a breakthrough one day. If the pine is to be found, group efforts like this are the way to go. I can only run OD ATM, so I'm chearing from bleachers for now but hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the hunt next yr. My 79Xmas beans didn't pop this yr but sounds like it's not the one we're after anyway. Good luck growers!

midwestkid

Veteran
here's my pine section from 2 different angles.
planted late into July so they are just now starting to shine...
* side note. i grew some Romulan and had labeled the bag "mango nose" several months later the dominant terp is Evergreen tree.
so i guess im saying dont lose faith - those terps can make some wacky changes

i will keep you all posted on how these finish up.
20231002_144525.jpg
20231002_145042.jpg

Midwest Slim

@midwestkid (like the name) your plants are looking great! I was shown a sample of what I was told was Romulan way back in early 2000's. It was just one big fat super frosty spear shaped nug in a zip lock and just REAKED of straight sweet pine tree in a STRONG way. Even looked like a little christmas tree! Was shown to me in the car as I gave a friend a lift and didn't even get to sample it but I'll never forget that bud. Been obsessed with finding that plant one day ever since but never heard or seen anymore about it.

Anyway, I'd love to hear more about yours. Any idea where the seed come from? Must not be too old? Sounds like you've stumbled on something special! Take any cuts or making seed?

Anyway... beautiful plants man!