What's new

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

InsaneTheySay

pAjwvMHinBDzAtgJA

Smegal

oh i just love solving plant probs , so if anyone wants help ,i'll gladly help,,

after all thats what we are here for to how help each other,

come to Dr Hazy's surgery ,its free lol

OK what's wrong with this plant? I can't check ph. My meter is broken. I use well water, but none of my other plants are affected. Just repot ed it two days ago into a organic soil mix.it looks to me like mag deficiency.

Attachments

• 20170321_003127.jpg
    20170321_003127.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170322_094430.jpg
    20170322_094430.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170322_094405.jpg
    20170322_094405.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20170322_094348.jpg
    20170322_094348.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 11

Smegal

I have a chart that says magnisium and potassium get locked out when pH drops below 6.4. With my pH meter broken I can't tell what my pH is, but I use well water and it generally runs a bit high in ph. I gave it some water this morning using some baking soda to raise the ph. But I'm not sure if that's what it needs.

cravin morehead

Veteran
I have a chart that says magnisium and potassium get locked out when pH drops below 6.4. With my pH meter broken I can't tell what my pH is, but I use well water and it generally runs a bit high in ph. I gave it some water this morning using some baking soda to raise the ph. But I'm not sure if that's what it needs.

if your water ph is usually high, why would you add water you try to raise the ph of. without any info about what your doing, good luck. at least go buy some ph testing drops, cheap and never break or need recalibration

cm

Smegal

I did the add very much. I just need a diagnosis. Is it mag def. Or does it look love something else? I'll get ph tester as soon as I can but what is it? Please be patient with me I'm just a 72 year old hippy with no money or transportation.

Smegal

I added vinager to lower ph because my meter told me the water was high ph and it usually is from the well. So when I realized my meter was broken, and telling me the wrong reading, I assumed I lowered it too much. So I added baking soda. Not much.

Smegal

Thank you. I'll get another pH tester but it won't be until the first of the month. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Pat1224

Hi dear gentle grower im a bit new on this web site and i was wondering for advice because my babies are sick and i dont know the reason... i have read a few of blog but i didnt find or know how to fix it... it seem to be a multiple problem..like ph or thrips...but i dont se it...or a deficiency of fertilzer but which one? Mg?

I have a 400w hp sodium
Autoflower og kush
Automazar
Auto-critical
Cycle of light : 18/6
No extraction
Water: i use house water so i dont know the ph and i do every 3 day like 200ml each
Ventilation : 2 fan
Micracle grow organic mix.
No fertilizer

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 14

DrWho19xx

Mid flower (soon late), lower leafs mainly, started to drop leaves looking like this.

Soil, good pH, everything ells looks healthy, using blackstrap molasses and some extra nutrition once a week (but I have had a slight nutrition burn, flushed it and now only touches with nutrition).

Thinking of dropping the extra nutrition totally and only go for blackstrap ?

Any thoughts ? Thanks.
foto_no_exif.jpg

Attachments

• foto_no_exif.jpg
    foto_no_exif.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 13

Parallax

Please help!

Please help!

This Blue Mystic is in her third week of flower and since last week getting noticeable brown patches here and there, mostly on the bottom part of the plant. The leaves are also getting lighter green overall, again also more on the bottom part.

I suspected a calcium deficiency so yesterday I added a good handful of organic lime as a top dress. pH runoff is about 6.5. Day temps are a bit high recently ~ about 85F. Humidity is below 40%.

How about magnesium? Should I do a foliar spray of that as well, just to be sure?

I would love to hear what you guys think! Cheers!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Bites on leaf veins

Bites on leaf veins

Hello fellow ICMaggers, Here is some pictures of some leaf issues I have on four plants. Whatever is sucking on the veins is very small. When I was doing notes today I could see some extremely small bugs on my note pad. They looked brown in color. I have looked at the leaves very closely but haven't seen anything on the plants themselves. I could feel bugs biting me or pissing on me causing a burning, stinging sensation. I have some leaf yellowing as well. I don't know if they prefer the yellowing leaves or are the bites causing the yellowing and dropping leaves.

This has only been an issue the last couple of days. I plan on getting some lady bugs, but I want to make sure they can resolve the issue. Gypsy I see you started the thread. I don't know if you are still checking on it or not. If any of you have had this issue and know exactly what it is I Thank you for your help and time. Peace

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Sorry for some of the crappy pictures. It was getting darker and my flash didn't want to work for me. Thanks again for the help Peace

Raven12141517

I am ending week 5 flower, having a good bout of P deficiency, which I had origionally assumed was Mg deficiency. Turns out I was K toxic causing the issue. Problem for me is I am in organic soil and cannot find a quick fix. Buds have basically stopped growing at this point. I am certain I have lost yield and potency at this point. I just want to get them back on track best I can and salvage what I can. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am ending week 5 flower, having a good bout of P deficiency, which I had origionally assumed was Mg deficiency. Turns out I was K toxic causing the issue. Problem for me is I am in organic soil and cannot find a quick fix. Buds have basically stopped growing at this point. I am certain I have lost yield and potency at this point. I just want to get them back on track best I can and salvage what I can. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

A bit of fine ground bone meal, or a liquid bone meal, all of which are organic.

In the meantime, use some powdered milk. Get the low fat milk, mix it to make the recipe for milk and then apply 1 part milk to 5 parts water. That will get things moving.

You're learning fast!

Raven12141517

A bit of fine ground bone meal, or a liquid bone meal, all of which are organic.

In the meantime, use some powdered milk. Get the low fat milk, mix it to make the recipe for milk and then apply 1 part milk to 5 parts water. That will get things moving.

You're learning fast!

Hey thanks Slow! Greatly appreciate your help and time brother! I will get that tonight after work! I guess ignore my other thread question as you have just answered it. Lol I was worried the bone meal would take to long to become avail for uptake.

G

Well Im not sure what to make of this. Organic soil, week 7 veg. Just flipped yesterday. Two plants of emers glue, soil was tested and could be a little better on P but still not bad.

Have fed liquid bone meal in water drench once a week for both. Also sprinkled on couple tsp of water soluble grade gypsum as well once a week. Did a foliar feed couple times around week 4-5 of veg with Liquid bone meal and liquid kelp and a little gypsum in a spray bottle. They seemed to like that.
Couple days ago the bigger and seemingly healthier plant developed some yellowing in newer growth. Today found some dark spots on a leaf that is about in the middle of the plant height/age.
All pics taken with lights off just flash from Cannon T6i.

Did a trim of lower fans and shaded growth when I flipped yesterday but the leaf issues were already present. Im in 7 gallon smart pots and last two watering's have been plain RO water only.
I cant see any way this is a def. More like a lockout maybe? My CEC is 28.2 per the spectrum report.

Attachments

• 001 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    001 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 004 - Copy - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    004 - Copy - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 13
  • 005 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    005 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11
  • 007 - Copy (1280x853).jpg
    007 - Copy (1280x853).jpg