What's new

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Did a trim of lower fans and shaded growth when I flipped yesterday but the leaf issues were already present. Im in 7 gallon smart pots and last two watering's have been plain RO water only.
I cant see any way this is a def. More like a lockout maybe? My CEC is 28.2 per the spectrum report.

Post the soil analysis.

GANJA MONSTA

Heat Stress? Or Something Else?

Heat Stress? Or Something Else?

Hey all! I've got a problem, I dont think my girl is sick. I believe it's just heat stress & a lack of water. But I'm not sure what's the best way to treat it. I gave her a little less than 1 gal. of plain water this morning and I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to help her recover as quickly as possible. But first let me explain what happened -

Last Monday I flushed with 10 gals. of plain water and the soil stayed wet / moist up until I had to leave (on Friday morning) for a few days. When I returned today (Monday morning), I saw that the temp had reached a scorching 90° Fahrenheit, ONLY in the last 24hrs though. Also the soil was bone dry and the pot felt VERY light when I gave it the lift test.

Sorry For the Sideways Pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NENugger

picture.php

picture.php

Flo for 5.5 wks. In soil 1/2 happy frog 1/2 ocean forest. Gave maxibloom feeding 3 weeks ago. Made 1st ACT tea gave 2 weeks ago.
I am not experienced enough to diagnose. Mag def, nute burn? Need help or plant won't have any leaves in a couple weeks.

untitled-jpg.777464
I am currently in late week 5 and got crazy nute burn(All nutes are listed in the sample chart below). My buddy told me to add terpinator to increase the the scent and frost. Before adding this, my grow was moving along well and did not have any problems.

When I added it, I started off with 10ml per gallon. then the next day bumped it to 75ml/5 gal then the next 100ml/5 gal. I saw that the plants werent healthy and the next day did a straight water ph'ed at 6.4. Then 2 days after that I flushed all the plants to .4 EC.

Is there any way to save the plants that got this far burned or are they doomed?
untitled-jpg.777464

Strain is GG4(what I was told)
untitled-jpg.777464

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am currently in late week 5 and got crazy nute burn(All nutes are listed in the sample chart below). My buddy told me to add terpinator to increase the the scent and frost. Before adding this, my grow was moving along well and did not have any problems.

When I added it, I started off with 10ml per gallon. then the next day bumped it to 75ml/5 gal then the next 100ml/5 gal. I saw that the plants werent healthy and the next day did a straight water ph'ed at 6.4. Then 2 days after that I flushed all the plants to .4 EC.

Is there any way to save the plants that got this far burned or are they doomed?

I was just looking at one of the sick plant guide and it kind of looks like it has a potassium def. Can anyone help out and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
[/FONT]

Attachments

• Untitled12.jpg
    Untitled12.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 13

Blunttrama

Need help 2x2x4 mars 300 hydro 3 plants all same time grown fmid one other two untouched look at my plants need help 24 hour light schedule 24 hour light look at my page no clue how to make a thread or anything sorry for run on but I gotta hurry thank you

Blunttrama

HELP

HELP

Ok so not exact on veg around a month. I use black gold soil super fresh no additives yet on watering. When small started at 65 humidity 82 on temp. 300 watt mars hydro placed very close to the top which sits at 4 feet. I have been 24 hours light. Water by feel of soil doing my best to not over water. Tap water with ph 7.0. They sit at constant 80 degrees 40 percent humidity. I had light about 2 1/2 feet away when this began went as high as I could after. No changes but the fiming of the big one. They looked great untill I feel like I fucked up fiming but I don't know. I'm a newbie. Look at profile pics to see

Blunttrama

Ok so not exact on veg around a month. I use black gold soil super fresh no additives yet on watering. When small started at 65 humidity 82 on temp. 300 watt mars hydro placed very close to the top which sits at 4 feet. I have been 24 hours light. Water by feel of soil doing my best to not over water. Tap water with ph 7.0. They sit at constant 80 degrees 40 percent humidity. I had light about 2 1/2 feet away when this began went as high as I could after. No changes but the fiming of the big one. They looked great untill I feel like I fucked up fiming but I don't know. I'm a newbie. Look at my profile for pics plz help

weux

Hello everyone!
Long time lurker posting for the first time.

This isnt quite my first grow, but for the first time ever, i decided to try and give it my best.

My setup:

2x2 tent
3 x GHS Super Lemon Haze
Nebulas manifolding + LST techniques
Nutriculture GT205 NFT hydro
GHE bloom + micro + liquid silicate (basically lucas formula)
DIY led with 4 x Cree CXB 3590, run at 1400mA (meanwell driver)

Plants are about 2 weeks into flowering.
I have slowly risen EC to around 2.1, and it seems to be the sweet spot for now (my girls are very hungry)
PH only tested with color tester, but it has been steady around 6.0 for some time now.
I dont know about temp and humidity, but im sure they are within appropriate range.

Pictures below show my problem.

Im thinking it may be calcium def, but that would be odd since EC is allready so high, and PH should be fine

Another possibility is overfert, but that doesnt quite fit either, since overall color is not darker green than usual. Although ONE time, when EC was around 2.2, one of the plants bottom leaves got dark green, and i immediately diluted my solution, which solved that problem.

Could it be light burn from the leds? Distance from highest plant to leds is around 1 ft, but it used to be maybe 4 in longer, and the problem was allready present.

What do you think?

Spaventa

Veteran
Plants are about 2 weeks into flowering.
I have slowly risen EC to around 2.1, and it seems to be the sweet spot

What do you think?

Overfed and nutrient locked. Haven't looked at pics but your probably seeing deficiency and burn

weux

Overfed and nutrient locked. Haven't looked at pics but your probably seeing deficiency and burn

Thanks for quick reply.

Do you mean that nutrients get blocked because of the overfeeding, or overfeeding and nutrient blockage as separate instances?

I still think its weird if the problem really is overfeeding, because the leaves are mostly normal color, and plants otherwise seem to like EC at 2.1. It is on the high side tho. 2.2 (ish) was already too much.

Stem rot ? Some kind of fungus?

Stem rot ? Some kind of fungus?

These plants are about 3 ft tall only been in veg about 2 or 3 weeks is it some kind of stem rot? It's not fuzzy or nothing growing off of them it looks and feels like if a stems peeled off the stalk and it kinda healed itself and hardened back up if you know what I mean what am I dealing with here...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180404-191224_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180404-191224_Gallery.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20180404-191208_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180404-191208_Gallery.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180404-191127_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180404-191127_Gallery.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180404-191119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180404-191119_Gallery.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15

Spaventa

Veteran
Thanks for quick reply.

Do you mean that nutrients get blocked because of the overfeeding, or overfeeding and nutrient blockage as separate instances?

I still think its weird if the problem really is overfeeding, because the leaves are mostly normal color, and plants otherwise seem to like EC at 2.1. It is on the high side tho. 2.2 (ish) was already too much.

Too much of one nutrient locks out others. Eg. Too much potassium locks out calcium and magnesium and eventually nitrogen. Nitrogen is last to get locked so that why you still have green in your leaves.

2.1 is high for cannabis in hydro and off the chart for the stage your at. You may get to 2.0 for a week or 10 days 3 weeks from finishing.

Heres some guide values. 0.8-1.3 for seedlings; 0.5-1.3 for clones; 1.3-1.7 under vegetative phase; 1.2-2 during flowering.

Smoke2much4good - possibly fungal disease. Even if it isn't, treatment won't harm. Sorry best i got.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I ended up nute burning these babies a few weeks back but they have recovered to the point of using up all the nutes in the small container and now are ready to be fed again. I gave them a dose of Foxfarms hydro grow big(3-2-6) at .25-.26 ec. Now a few days later I think I see some calcium and magnesium shortages being shown in the foliage.

The plan is to adjust my base nutes to maybe .35-.4 ec including some additional supplemental cal-mag, but for now a mild foliar spray of magical will have to hold them off until the container drys up a little. I dont wanna drench again and rot my roots with chronic overwatering.

This is basically what my diagnosis is with how I plan to treat the symptoms, if anyone has any thing to add or any questions about my set up, please feel free.

picture.php

lectron

Mag deficiency?

Mag deficiency?

Hy guys, hope you can help me figure out whats wrong with the new clones i got.

Clones are sitting in 2" Netpots, with roots free hanging down.
Flooding time: 6min (after 4:30min the waterfall from the drain gets me some air into the res below)
draining time: 9 min
I flood and drain the whole time, so the roots are not getting dry.
ef-table.jpg.htmlhttps:

I mix tap and osmosis Water, to an EC between 0,2 and 0,3.
then i add Hy-Pro Hydro, till I get an EC of 0,6. (seems low, but higher and i get claws, also the clone supplierer told me to start with an EC as low as 0,7)

I start with an pH of 5.5, but its climbing to 6.5 on the same day

Temp:76-78°F and humidity: arround 60%

And now the sick plants
20180411_005517.jpg.html

20180412_093554.jpg.html

20180411_005435.jpg.html

heres a healty looking clone, planted in lightmix.
healthyplant.jpg.htmlhttps:

hope youĺl help me.

greets, lectron

brown_thumb

I'm exasperated. I can't determine why these lower leaves are dying. At first, I thought it was nitrogen deficiency, so I stepped up the high N nutes and supplemented with fish emulsion. The problem worsened. Then, someone suggested I try flushing with Cal-Mag, so I tried that. It didn't help. The soil PH is approximately 6.5 and I PH the water/nutes to 6.3-6.6. What am I doing wrong??

picture.php

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
Fixing the issue doesn’t always save the leaves showing symptoms, especially old bottom leaves. In fact those often die off whatever because the plant decided they weren’t pulling their weight photosynthesising

Calibrate ph meters, double check all the dosages and wait and watch. Sometime ppl do more harm trying fix stuff.