What's new

Let's not bullshit each other, what yields are vert growers achieving?

mowood3479

Veteran
Oh and @ willstown.. I really do want to understand how ur grow methods.. I'm all for anything that is less work for more return.

bobblehead

Veteran
Gingerale, stop lying. Remember the time I had your buds lab tested? Your SSH was below 10%, and the dispensary refused to buy it, and since you wouldn't budge on the price I had to send it back to you. Not to mention all the shake and the shitty trim inflating your yields. The only buds you ever turned out that were worthwhile when you worked with me was bubblegum. That tested around 18%. I have tested at 25% many times over in a horizontal setup. Seriously dude...

These guys clearly don't know what they're doing:

Father Earth
picture.php

Yes4prop215
picture.php

bobblehead
picture.php

picture.php

I can vert too
picture.php

At this point you're your own worst enemy.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yes I admit I just started growing. So I have no idea what I am talking about.

But I grow with a double stacked doughnut. I am sure I spend less time in my grow room during flower. Like DHF said the key to not hacking stuff out after stretch is to trim your plant correctly when you put it into flower. I water twice a day by hand and that is about it. Sometimes I have to tie a bud back or slide a rack over, takes maybe 10 to 15 minutes for all of flower not including watering.

It is obvious that bobblehead knows how to use photoshop.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I know last Saturday when I got to the despensory some guy was waiting for me. He called three times to find out when I was coming with some agent orange. I also had the grower giving a class that day come up to me and say check out this stuff crazy huh. So I am not to worried about some one telling me that I am full of shit.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Mojave, search out all my posts cause there are a lot of pics under this account. Look under posts by "gingerale" and "frito bandito" (lowercase) and you may find some others too. I used to use Photobucket a while back but quit because pics would eventually become broken links after a while.

you asking me to search your posts to validate your theory?:laughing:
start a thread, let's see it. we'll call it willstown's thread.:biggrin:

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble, that is a nice nug, and certainly worth WELL over $200/oz from appearance alone, but understand just as y'all tell me there are many ways to skin a cat, there are multiple ways of calculating value of an herb. Some folks would say it's not as valuable because there is TOO much resin on there, which makes joints that don't burn as good, especially towards the end. The BG sold well because of the density and good potent high. Down here, as mentioned in other threads, I'm happy because folks aren't as picky. What you don't like because of the leafiness will sell all day long here. They appreciate the value of what is offered, rather than focusing on its flaws.

I'm strictly a wholesaler, and in this market, I will get $200 an oz at best. Too much resin? Never heard that. My joints burn white all the way through. No bud hardeners used or w/e mojave is referring to.

Your new market being easier is exactly what I was saying before... but apparently I rubbed you the wrong way. Eventually that will change though. You used to be able to get $200 a oz for buds like your SSH in MI. Those days are long gone. When legalization hits TN and everyone and their brother is growing, you're going to run into the same problems you had here in MI.

DrFever

Veteran
If you run proper watts per sq ft , canopy penetration sideways into a vertical setup`s absolutely no different from a horizontal grow.....now....

The reason 9-10 folks fail at increased returns compared to horizontal is that they don`t understand how or WHY to develop EACH wall as it`s own separate grow , JUST like 1 dimensional flat growers deal with underneath each reflector`s "light footprint"....and....

IF each wall can be covered equally width and depth wise by end of stretch either scrog-wise or with increased plant numbers , that`s where the increased yields come from......I mean...

The potential for vertical returns far exceeds the same for horizontal , but it takes beyond stoner mentality to achieve said results and learn from earlier shortcomings rather than going back to easy peasy flat grows with reflectors......that said.....

No one can swap from flat grows to vert and bust gpw`s just by doing away with the reflectors and hangin bare bulbs , it just don`t work that way , and all the bare bulb growers I know from yrs and yrs that have spent the time to dial environment and watts per sq ft along with sideways canopy management , will laugh at you about return on investment compared to a flat 1 dimensional table or bed under reflectors.....

Not that you can`t yield well with horizontal once dialed as well , cuz the new double ended bulbs out these days are slowly but surely pumpin out more and more 3 lbs per light harveys , but again it`s definitely strain related as well , and a learning curve on how to dial plant height away from the bulbs while still maintaining that penetration Scrappy speaks of without frying the tops with the mega watt fixtures......me ?.......

Bare bulbs rule and all else drool cuz it`s all I ever used and know , and I either surrounded big plants with lights , or smaller plants above and around bulbs with everything not green covered in reflectix ftw and never hadta look back but....bottom line....

Yield with both systems , flat or vertical is all subjective at best ....mainly due to grower skills , knowledge , and experience...I put vertical growing in the intermediate category of growing simply cuz it ain`t for newbs....at least in the yield dept....cheap ?....easy ?......definitely...but as a yield machine ...

Any and ALL top shelf CONSISTENT returns per any system depends on factors that`re only learned by doing over and over again till they`re second nature and as corny as it sounds , when you become 1 with the plants and know what they need simply by eye with an always "pro-active" instead of re-active attitude when shit happens you didn`t see comin , then shit falls in place and the plants all but grow themselves and yield accordingly......anyways....

Plenty of old head growers behind closed doors at private sites regularly do 1.5 gpw and above consistently cuz they do it for a living and they`re legal beagles in med-ville without too much worry on plant count with increased numbers on all 4 walls floor to ceiling , so lastly ......

To each their own , and no system`s gonna make em jump up and produce the weight without learning and runs under your belt....period.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Although I agree with allot you have said here,, I have looked at every forum on the net looking at vertical grows etc some are nailing that is for sure..
Same thing can apply for horizontal .
But when a person seriously looks with a open and unbiased opinion really looks at the whole picture, And looking at vertical law 101 stating all kinds of stuff.. vertical should be blowing horizontal away.. i mean minimum 2 - 2.75 GPW but are we seeing it really seeing it ???
You can only stick so many plants in a donut before it will out grow it meaning its not going to be fairly big plants ,, And like you said lots of training scrog up the wall but either top or bottom of plants are going to suffer but were Talking 1 k light your going to get pretty much same area as if it was Horizontal

Now i think everyone is also mis lead into thinking that Cause light shines 360 degrees and using plants like the reflective wall and such ???
that its also going to produce well the problem with that in reality is and light source 360 degrees will diminish also in 360 degrees faster and not have the same driving force as reflected 1 k light shining all of it into 1 direction
I wish someone with a par meter would test it put the meter 20 " under a 1 k DE with reflector and then check it on a vertical bulb 20 " away anyone wanna bet there be ....
A big difference ??? and then go 6 " further away on each one and so on
Yes obviously vertical has its benefits,, but i think it should be known that numbers are not blowing horizontal out of the water any time soon

Attachments

• IMGP2915.JPG
    IMGP2915.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP3404.JPG
    IMGP3404.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP3768.JPG
    IMGP3768.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP4405.JPG
    IMGP4405.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP4449.JPG
    IMGP4449.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 16

DrFever

Veteran
Wilston you say it has superior yield potential over horizontal I will be frank here VERT has been around for quit a while now and guess what the numbers are not stacking up to verts Favor not one bit from averages i am seeing .67 .76 GPW thats it with 1 k horizontal you did that YOU FUCKED UP BAD