What's new

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

The Deathstar I used to get regularly from around 2012 looked exactly like this every time. It was notoriously leafy and defiantly looked more like "bunk" compared to todays standards. Ive been doing my research on various forums for a long time now. The consensus was that Ohio Deathstar was extremely leafy and low yielding, and a pain in the ass to trim so I beleive thats why people moved on from it. I will be doing a side by side comparison when I recieve gmo's cut.
It’s supposed to be a decent yielder, and a really hungry feeder like sours. That I do know, just annoyingly leafy.

It’s supposed to be a decent yielder, and a really hungry feeder like sours. That I do know, just annoyingly leafy.
Im sure i could of got a way better yield if i vegged em out longer, but I couldnt wait anymore after i got the cut lol. From everything ive read, the deathstar doesn't grow huge colas. More little silver golf ball sized clusters of nugs that zigzag along the branches.

Im sure i could of got a way better yield if i vegged em out longer, but I couldnt wait anymore after i got the cut lol. From everything ive read, the deathstar doesn't grow huge colas. More little silver golf ball sized clusters of nugs that zigzag along the branches.
Most of us plant geeks can’t wait when its a elusive cultivar we’ve been chasing. Sometimes the excitement clouds our judgement and we can subconsciously overlook red flags that say it might not be it. Lol, I’ve experienced both. Ha!

Reactions: gmo
IMG_8431.jpeg
IMG_8226.jpeg
IMG_5659.jpeg

Idunno brother. I went back through my deathstar thread on overgrow. Scharmpit himself said that the original didnt grow big sphears. More golfball sized cluster of nugs, which is exactly how mine is growing now. Me and my partner purchased a different deathstar clone a few years ago that grew huge leafy coalas and was some killer smoke but wasnt her.
Screenshot_20231201_063827_Chrome.jpg

Not the prettiest girl in the room, but here is my Deathstar lady...neglected in the corner in a small 2 Gal Smart Pot. Plain RO now.. going to flush her into ~70 something days.

Got some moms together now, so looking forward to giving her a full run. Any grow DS into trees? I'm thinking I might try running it mono crop in my 7 plant room - 8000w.

picture.php

picture.php

I mean as far as the spears vs golf ball thing . I think it’s more on how it’s topped and trained rather than genetics. If a plant is topped 15 times noway it’s making spears. As far as the “spears” go. If you look closely at the longe cola ones they still kinda zig zag and don’t connect. To me at least it has a ton of sensi star characteristics. Anyway hope everyone has a great day!! This thread is starting to feel like I’m running on a hamster wheel. Lol

Im going to be sending him some cuttings of mine next week. Im sure if your close with him, he'd send you some. If you go back through my thread on og, a lot of people that grew the original clone years ago all metion silver golfball sized nugs.
I mean as far as the spears vs golf ball thing . I think it’s more on how it’s topped and trained rather than genetics. If a plant is topped 15 times noway it’s making spears. As far as the “spears” go. If you look closely at the longe cola ones they still kinda zig zag and don’t connect. To me at least it has a ton of sensi star characteristics. Anyway hope everyone has a great day!! This thread is starting to feel like I’m running on a hamster wheel. Lol
Yea, i might take one on my next run and just let it go without topping. I usually top atleast 3 times before flower. I like an even canopy vs large buds. Ive been taking some tester nugs and drying em out. I took one over to my buddys last week for him to try and you can still smell it in my car a week later. Obviously it still tastes pretty green without proper dry and cure, but even the buzz is spot on with what I remember from back in the day.