What's new

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

Plus the bud clusters instead of massive colas are another sign. With the flat(ish) looking tops.
Im not denying its not the real deal, just used to get the legit stuff back in the day and never noticed any purpling. Obviously all grow conditions are different. Someone on a other forum is actually growing a cut of Gmo's Deathstar and it looks spot on with the cuttings i recieved. Has the zigzag stem pattern as well.

Im not denying its not the real deal, just used to get the legit stuff back in the day and never noticed any purpling. Obviously all grow conditions are different. Someone on a other forum is actually growing a cut of Gmo's Deathstar and it looks spot on with the cuttings i recieved. Has the zigzag stem pattern as well.
Where’s this at? Love to see it.

I dont want to snag someone elses pic without permission, but his looks spot on with gmo's pics. I wish i would of found this forum earlier. Ive been on the Deathstar hunt for 13 years. I read every page on this thread. Tons of useful information.
Link me the thread brother!! Lol

kumo_kuma

Agree, that looks nothing like the Deathstar I was growing around Columbus circa 2010-2011.

Ive got 3 deathstars 2 weeks into flower. I got these cuts from a very legit source but still looking for honest opinions about these pics. Theyve reeked like fuel since early veg.
1000007318.jpg

Attachments

• 20231007_173804.jpg
    20231007_173804.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
Just no love for veg pics… I’ve heard of at least 3 different cuts going around.

The one I have right now grows more horizontal than vertical and smells like rubber.

-DD
I sourced my cut from a pretty well known breeder out in CO. He's responsible for quite a few fire strains.
Just no love for veg pics… I’ve heard of at least 3 different cuts going around.

The one I have right now grows more horizontal than vertical and smells like rubber.

-DD
Mine have only been budding for a short time. Just now starting to frost and they are really putting off the funk. The mother cut i took has this crazy earthy hash smell thats mesmerizing. Thin purple branches that zigzag up the plant. Im so hopeful this is the same stuff i got years ago. There was no hiding it.

-DD
Gmos house of clones wasn’t real, my buddy ran it and it was probably a deathstar x mystery og. Nice plant, unfortunately not it. We had high hopes for it!! He said the customer service was top notch regardless.

gmo

Veteran
Gmos house of clones wasn’t real, my buddy ran it and it was probably a deathstar x mystery og. Nice plant, unfortunately not it. We had high hopes for it!! He said the customer service was top notch regardless.
Got pics of your buddies run? There have been a tooooon of folks who have run it and the consensus is that it is real.

Lots of confusion when it comes to Deathstar. I'd like to hear you and your buddies opinions and comparisons on why it's 'not it's.

kumo_kuma

I loved growing it and smoking it, that's for sure. You can smoke death star for a month and still find yourself surprised by that potency.

Got pics of your buddies run? There have been a tooooon of folks who have run it and the consensus is that it is real.

Lots of confusion when it comes to Deathstar. I'd like to hear you and your buddies opinions and comparisons on why it's 'not it's.
Sorry bud, not trying to cause drama, but a buddy of mine got your cut as well and its defiantly not the Ohio Deathstar. He said it is still absolutely killer and plans on keeping it around. We are actually going to swap cuts just to compare both side by side. I've had conversations with team deathstar about the origns of the plant and they said out of the countless clones of it they've and others have grown, not one has turned purple like yours. Obviously grow conditions and temps will play some part, but yours look nothing like what im growing and i have the real cut 100%. Im from Ohio and even though i wasnt growing at the the time Deathstar was all over the place, its one plant i can pinpoint 100%.
This is her getting real close. If you read back on any of these forums. Everyone growing out the real deal mentions silver, sticky, golfball nugs.

Attachments

• 20231128_171824.jpg
    20231128_171824.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54

gmo

Veteran
Have a look back in this thread, you'll see plenty of examples. I'm confident :)

Have a look back in this thread, you'll see plenty of examples. I'm confident :)
Like i said. No drama here. Dank is dank in my opinion and its everywhere these days. I look foward to recieving your cut and growing it along side mine as well.

Reactions: gmo

Latest posts

Latest posts