What's new

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

Hiddenjems

No. 4 cuts of Ohio Deathstar
I live in Ohio and have been around the original cut since the early 2000’s that was the result of a hermie in a room of ecsd and the ogre sensistar. There were seeds made later by the same group and others that were sold as deathstar, but weren’t the original cut.

I suspect most strains and clone only cuts have similar issues with validation.

It is by far the stinkiest plant I’ve ever been around. I had a girlfriend get fired for a gram in a tied off bag inside a ziplock bag. Her purse in a locker made the whole break room reek.

gmo

Veteran
Day 51
20230527_214101.jpg
20230527_213823.jpg

Hiddenjems

Wow! So both the Corey and the Guava tested higher across the board… How does the smoke compare?
I didn’t want to say anything, but now that the comparisons are coming out…

I’m not sure the sample tested is actual deathstar from the Akron Ohio area created around 2002.

That’s the area I live in and have been smoking and growing the cut for almost 10 years.

The cut I grow is in the top 5 most potent smokes of everyone I’ve supplied it to. Not only in effect, but power of smell.

Desert Dan

Veteran

I’m not sure the sample tested is actual deathstar from the Akron Ohio area created around 2002.

That’s the area I live in and have been smoking and growing the cut for almost 10 years.

The cut I grow is in the top 5 most potent smokes of everyone I’ve supplied it to. Not only in effect, but power of smell.
Numbers don’t necessarily determine potency… have you ever had your cut tested?

Does your cut display an noticeable growth differences?

-DD

Hiddenjems

Many differences. I’ve never seen a single example turn that color. I’d have to look closer, but during stretch it should start a highly exaggerated zig zag pattern at the tops.

It’s not a strain. It’s a single cut so it’s pretty easy to tell.

It took years before the guys growing it would give me a cut. And I’ve known them since I was a kid. They told me when they got the cut in trade for an old haze cut that they were told not to hand it out.

Northeastern Ohio was the only place to get deathstar flower for years. The guy they got the ecsd off of told the original crew not to share it. So they didn’t share its offspring either for years.

Killahbeez

I’m in cincy and was getting deathstar flower 10-15 yrs ago and was by far some of if not the loudest flower I’ve had. And some of the most potent (and I hold some legit og and Chem cuts). Don’t remember it looking like this either, but I’m sure it wasn’t grown under led either. The cut I’ve recently ran labeled deathstar was not that. I have one in veg that came from Stoney (RIP) in one of his auctions. Fingers crossed it’s the same plant that grew the flowers I used to get. I found some seeds in a bag of deathstar I got about 10-13 yrs ago and one of the 2 plants was so loud it caused the neighbors to call the fuzz, and I had been growing White Russian and some other oldies there for almost 4 yrs with no issues. Man I wish I still had that plant, broke my heart to lose that more than getting in the trouble lol.

Hey guys new to this form. Im from the NE 330 and used to get Deathstar consistently starting around 2010-14 then it dried up completely. It was hands down the loudest bud Ive ever come across. A few of us purchased a cut from someone on another forum that claimed it was Deathstar, but we all basically came to the conclusion it wasnt the true cut. Well, after a 13 year I hunt I got linked up with a very well established and well respected breeder that was holding the cut. I got 4 cuts total. Two of them were from a re-vegged mom and they have a very distinct funk to them. I do believe this too be the real deal from back then

Every time i got ahold of some deathstar. This is exactly what it looked like.
View attachment 18878435 View attachment 18878436
Look at the earlier posts in this thread from people who crushed it. It definitely turns purple in colder temperatures. The one way you can tell GMO’s is real is by the unique leaf shape and the spiky rusty red pistils that all of the nice samples show. There’s tons of purple(ish) examples. Many of which are respected growers originally from C bus. Yours actually looks less of what I’ve seen than his tbh. Looks almost like lime green beasters if I’m telling the truth.

Reactions: gmo

It’s pretty common knowledge that Deathstar tests between the 18-23% range. That in no way makes it less potent. Let’s not go off numbers.

Reactions: gmo