What's new

Lemon Thai

the_niño

at 9 weeks now.. getting to the home stretch... some smelling like a fermenting lemon citrus thing.. others with more of a musty citral dank.. all are chunking up solid... wasn't much of a stretch on these either.. very excited to sample the goods!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

midwestkid

Veteran
That dutch flowers strain looks nice. Correct leaves... where can a guy source those seeds? Are they available anywhere?

How about any lemon thai seeds? What's the best source these days?

Any leads would be appreciated

Wanted to give this a bump

funkyhorse

First I would like to thank Santero for sharing the info on the Derg Corra Collective release
From this post
https://www.opengrow.com/topic/52788-looking-for-lemons/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-799144
"only the Lemon Thai "IX", that i was asked to make for DDC,
included your LT = two F3-females to the LT f1-male, because
i did not find any females in the f1-seeds i grew out before"

And this post fresh from the oven:
https://www.opengrow.com/topic/52283-beachs-backroom/page/30/?tab=comments#comment-800627
"yes, same male ;) it is not smiles f3 and not fusions f2.
it's a male coming form a pack i recieved for repro (derg corra collective).

it was a dutch flowers f1 pack with eight seeds and only four popped, all male.
i used a tall satty one that reeked of lemon candy (even in veg without touch)"

I see from the progeny there are two clear distinct phenos, a bushy indica which according to the bushy male is very very productive and probably come from the Smiles F3 and the sativa pheno which looks less productive but is the one that caught my eye and the one that looks more interesting to me, I like stretchy stuff
This sativa Lemon Thai girl has so far a x5,5 stretch. In a 10 liter pot she stretched far more than all Chocolate Thai girls which hardly made it x3 stretch or less and they are in 20 liter pots
I crossed it with the sativa less productive boy and with the thinner leaf Tom Hill Haze boy I have so far. Reports are very interesting for this strain. I have this girl cloned and hopefully I will dust her with everyone of the rest of the haze boys coming
picture.php
picture.php

These 2 are the bushy productive indica phenos with hardly x2 stretch. I crossed them with mixed pollen from the 2 boys so if I like this stuff I will have more seed to search in the future
This one is in a 10 liter pot
picture.php

And this one is on a 5 liter pot
picture.php

lLucky

I don't have the Lemon Thai but I do have Motarebels Lemon G BX1 which used Lemon Thai for the BX, and after seeing these pics I can see some similar traits within

ArcticHerbsman

Hey funkyhorse, very interesting project! Was reading bit about the lemonthai few years ago and saw some pictures of indica phenos, but never seen the sativa side. Is the lemon smell there already? Best of luck!

Last edited:

lLucky

I really want a pack of motarebels lemon g, have you ran any yet?

have 3 going now but they are still pretty small, have high hopes for them though

I also have a Lemon G bx from a different breeder too

Seeing the lemon thai here makes me feel like mota made a really good choice for the BX male

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Lemon Thai almost finished due the low temps especially at night nice colors in development.Good variety for outside, not a single of mold in the buds.

picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Wow, looks similar to the lemon grass thai x deep chunk I have.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]edit: found an old pic
[/FONT]

Attachments

• LGT9 B 9.30.13.jpg
    LGT9 B 9.30.13.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 45

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're all going to think me a bit crazy lol.... but -
Here is a Lemon Thai nug that's been in my freezer for 10 years !
It doesn't smell quite so lemony, and the high isn't so clear sativa... but still very potent. I dug it out in honour of popping some of my old LT seeds that i got when Bodhi did his small release.. which i guess was over 10 years ago !
picture.php

Happy New Year.

VG

eyesdownchronic

You're all going to think me a bit crazy lol.... but -
Here is a Lemon Thai nug that's been in my freezer for 10 years !
It doesn't smell quite so lemony, and the high isn't so clear sativa... but still very potent. I dug it out in honour of popping some of my old LT seeds that i got when Bodhi did his small release.. which i guess was over 10 years ago !
View Image

Happy New Year.

VG

nice!

i just dropped some genius thai extreme f2 from useful. (lemon thai x apollo genius f4) hoping to find some lemon thai leaners.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi AH, thanks for asking : ) , i have yet to get a male from these seeds.. which may have been bad luck so far.. or there could be the odd m/f ratios you sometimes get with some hazes. If i get a male and a good stable female or two i would certainly look to make some seeds... if i just get a decent female or two i might look to make some S1s.

so fingers crossed that the seeds pop and i get some nice plants !

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, only one of the 3 seeds came up.. which was disappointing, but i have one nice little plant and 3 seeds left.
My plan now is to run this plant to sex it and see if it's stable... and then take it from there, probably try to pop the other 3 seeds in the spring when conditions in my cab will be more ideal.
Lemon Thai:
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a girl, i have a pic, not a great pic... but the new site won't let me upload it......

Latest posts

Latest posts