Lemon Thai

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG. I hope you dont mind
What kind of smells and tastes are you getting from your Lemon Thai?
This was my last Lemon Thai in a 2 liter pot, the purple must be from the cold, is the same cut as the indoor plant
Is there any difference in the quality of the seed done in a 2 liter pot or in a bigger plant?...

Hi fh, it's been in the jar for a few weeks now, the smell is mostly lemon cleaner/soap still slightly aromatic and musky... and the lemon is coming through nicely on the smoke.. which is quite smooth. high onset is in the forehead, very clear and powerful, sort of a detached, calm energy, progresses to tingling relaxation in back of head/neck.
My seeds are the ones released by bodhi - his f3 from 'indica pheno'. yours look more thai/haze.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yes and the seeds... there should be no difference genetically, but quality - wise the seeds will be smaller from smaller pot unless you pollinate it very lightly. just as the pot size will affect bud yield, it will also affect seed yield.

VG

ArcticHerbsman

Hey VerdantGreen, thats good news on the lemonthai!

The old straindescription had me intrigued for years, but i could never find them for sale. Now the restrictions on travel means i cant reach my mailbox, so technically still out of reach. hehe, that may change. We see.

If i remember correct you still have some seeds with possible males, otherwise S1 would be very interesting too. All the best!

funkyhorse

Lemon Thai sativa pheno x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
Lemon Thai is dominant in this cross
Lt x seedsman hz (5).jpeg
Lt x seedsman hz (6).jpeg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, I made some Lemon Thai S1s a while back (plant from Bodhi's limited release about a decade ago)
I also made a fem cross to the Amnesia clone.
Here are the test grows:

and here are some packs of both listed at seedbay

VG :tiphat:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
@VerdantGreen Lemon Thai s1. Plant is in soil and smaller container. I grew four and all had a lemon solvent smell with varying degrees of spice/mint and 2 left a nice floral musky incense type smell after burning. All had good energy and very euphoric. Potency was high for a plants that finish under 10 weeks on average. Perfect 1st smoke of the day while allowing you to get stuff done while very high.

20221213_123856.jpg
20221213_124046.jpg
20221213_123956.jpg
20221213_124126.jpg
20221213_124106.jpg

need4weed

Veteran
Has anyone ran any of Doc Ds Lemon Thai?
I have some in the freezer and I'm getting the itch...
I'm interested in this as well, Doc D prices are good, heritage seeds have f5's as well but for more than double the price. I'm just wondering if the Docs lean more to the indica side

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
here the lemon thai s1 from VG again at 7 weeks. I removed most of bottom growth because she was in a corner and not receiving strong light and was a bit crowded as well. She put most her energy up top and should finish strong in next couple weeks.

20230109_143340.jpg
20230109_143418.jpg
20230109_143923.jpg
20230109_143818.jpg
20230109_143551.jpg

Rgd

Veteran
just smoked a fat bowl of this...finally...it's very nice...so lemony...a VERY clear up high...no indica in this strain what so ever...clear and cerebral..this is PARTY weed for sure...not a party killer...glad i grabbed these and still have some left..I know i will be enjoying this strain for a while....SO SICK of the kushes...this is the opposite..LOVE IT

peace
Chefboy

after making a fem repro years ago
i finally grew it for smoking
the one i chose was more sativa than the other pheno which was more resinous
i never got to smoke that one for some reason
there is good in the genetics

the more modest sativa looking one is my day smoke right now
its got happy zing and bit of an edge sometimes
still haven’t built up tolerance
growing it again now to do better …
has all the qualities i want in the day

its in my top day weeds list now

dutch flowers had some beauts

Rgd

Veteran
final opinion on this LT cut
same cut..
grew it good..too bad there’s not a lot
happy ,euphoric, energetic, not edgy..its potent enough
reminds me of excellent Mexican 70’s weed
at 420 after reaching for it 4 days in a row it’s a day start keeper
over n out

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, finally got this underway, a lot of things need to fall into place but possibly i can do a LT repro, having found some seeds from another population of plants to go with my Bodhi F3s. i may post some highlights here but thought i'd be better putting the grow in its own thread

LG/

This is Doc Ds reproduction. Two distinct phenos, a Thai dom and a Hawaiian dom (imho). Thai dom is a couple weeks behind, maybe even 3 weeks, as far as when it will be done. Also needed some extra calcium based on the gold spotting (I think that's calcium def). The Thai dom has more spice smell, the Hawaiian is more strait forward. I prefer the Hawaiian,but I bet the high will be more up from the Thai... time will tell.
20240203_065859.jpg
20240203_065904.jpg
20240203_065912.jpg
20240203_065916.jpg
20240203_065923.jpg
20240203_065930.jpg

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
Hi all, finally got this underway, a lot of things need to fall into place but possibly i can do a LT repro, having found some seeds from another population of plants to go with my Bodhi F3s. i may post some highlights here but thought i'd be better putting the grow in its own thread

@VerdantGreen I think a new thread with a grow log would be good to do on the other lemon thai. I've got avfew packs from the same breeder so I'm super keen to see what you come across as it will be a while before I can run them