What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

Hazelnuts

All this talk about price drop is annoying cuz folks feared shit was gonna drop after Obama said the Feds wont fuck with MMJ growers and dispensaries anymore but guess what? I've watched prices go UP! My buddy RIP used to let lbs of good indoor go for 2500-2800 and oz for 200-220 but yet with less risk the prices are 3600-4500 a lb and 350 or more a per oz in the clubs. How it went up like that I have no clue but that was the main thing I noticed...

Another thing that was a shock to me is how many average California residents don't know Marijuana is ALREADY TAXED RIGHT NOW!!! People I was talking with yesterday were in disbelief wondering where all that tax money is being spent cuz that's a good chunk of change in the millions every year...
The taxation is only on medical. And there's a huge difference in the amount of change that's gonna be induced by prop 19 to that which was induced by Obama's policy shift. You can't compare the two, really

grapeman

Veteran
And so it starts. An official in LA county was on Fox this morning talking about the MJ bill before the voters in CA this November.

Top among the observations of critisim of the bill was the fact that it did not include adequate REGULATIONS dealing with mexican imports, labeling, distribution REGULATIONS and Grower REGULATIONS. They are demanding that the bill be amended, if passed, calling for country of origin labeling (like produce) and government regulation of growers as it pertains to fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides (all growing supplies). Growers better start obtaining their "Certified Pesticide Applicators" licenses.

Hmmmm. And so it begins.

And the original topic of this thread is now coming to fruition. Like I originally stated, most if not nearly all who intend to grow commercially will NOT be able to comply when these added regulations are inserted into the bill.

Only the big dispensaries (or CA big Ag) will be able to fully comply with these requirements economically in the long run. competition will be restricted. Black markets will never go away. And for those high school drop outs who have been arguing with the OP, pay attention. You may have to go back to school if you want to grow and distribute.... then find a financial backer to afford to comply with the coming FURTHER regulations. Those that just want to cultivate for themselves and not distribute to others will just grow their own in their 5 x 5 square foot space. Oh I forgot, you can do that now with your med card without these coming regulations.

The sponsors of this forum recognize these facts. But they have their own agenda also. It's about the money for themselves.

Decriminalization is still the way to go.
LOL

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
And so it starts. An official in LA county were was on Fox this morning talking about the MJ bill before the voters in CA this Nvember.

Top among the observations of critisim of the bill was the fact that it did not include REGULATIONS dealing with mexican imports, labeling, distribution REGULATIONS and Grower REGULATIONS. They are demanding that the bill be amended, if passed, calling for country of origin labeling (like produce) and government regulation of growers as it pertains to fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides (all growing supplies).

Hmmmm. And so it begins.

And the original topic of this thread is now coming to fruition. Like I originally stated, most if not nearly all who intend to grow commercially will NOT be able to comply when these added regulations are inserted into the bill.

Only the big dispensaries (or CA big Ag) will be able to fully comply with these requirements economically in the long run. competition will be restricted. Black markets will never go away.

now this is one of the more informative posts here in a while, not sure how well informed the official is
my understanding is amending the proposition would normally have to be by voters, not the legislature
that said, there are no specifics in the proposition, it's completely up to the counties how to regulate commercial growing and sales
which will have regulation, that's the price for legal commerce

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
there are no specifics in the proposition, it's completely up to the counties how to regulate commercial growing and sales
which will have regulation, that's the price for legal commerce

i love that this prop leaves the people to govern themselves at the local level!

that is how this country was intended to run.

Hazelnuts

And so it starts. An official in LA county was on Fox this morning talking about the MJ bill before the voters in CA this November.

Top among the observations of critisim of the bill was the fact that it did not include adequate REGULATIONS dealing with mexican imports, labeling, distribution REGULATIONS and Grower REGULATIONS. They are demanding that the bill be amended, if passed, calling for country of origin labeling (like produce) and government regulation of growers as it pertains to fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides (all growing supplies). Growers better start obtaining their "Certified Pesticide Applicators" licenses.

Hmmmm. And so it begins.

Only the big dispensaries (or CA big Ag) will be able to fully comply with these requirements economically in the long run. competition will be restricted. Black markets will never go away. And for those high school drop outs who have been arguing with the OP, pay attention. You may have to go back to school if you want to grow and distribute.... then find a financial backer to afford to comply with the coming FURTHER regulations. Those that just want to cultivate for themselves and not distribute to others will just grow their own in their 5 x 5 square foot space. Oh I forgot, you can do that now with your med card without these coming regulations.

The sponsors of this forum recognize these facts. But they have their own agenda also. It's about the money for themselves.

LOL

I'm just not seeing this, you have small farms right now and they're obviously still able to exist. You have small vineyards, microbreweries and all that jazz, so I really don't see why it would be different with weed. Sure, there's gonna be big biz in there, but I have no doubt that there's gonna be some smaller players in the game too.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

Hmmmm. And so it begins.

LOL

decrim is fucking moronic. How can a substance be legal, yet illegal to produce?? LA can suck a dick for all I'm concerned. Cooley and his clan can scream and kick all they want. I'm sure plenty if other towns will be happy for a new revenue source.

and regulations can be a good thing. I've seen people spray for mites 10 days before harvest, you want stuff like that to be sold on the market? I sure as fuck don't....

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

Hmmmm. And so it begins.

LOL

and every bit of that regulation is less restrictive than the status quo. current regulation says any growing is a felony. that is called prohibition. if i tell you i need a dna sample on file for permission to grow...that is less restrictive than the status quo.

W

WheelsOG

I'm starting to see where Grapeman is coming from. Here's our two options as I see them.

Option #1

Things stay the way they are

-Thousands of small growers are still able to make a living for their family. These small growers produce a range of quality from ditchweed to AAA. These growers are basically able to survive due to the high price of marijuana. Essentially the consumers of marijuana are subsidizing the mom and pop shops.

-Gangs/cartels still thrive selling midgrade, unflushed shit. This is the product most people will continue to see IMO. Violence continues due to the black market.

-No quality control on marijuana. Who knows what pesticides were used?, was the weed flushed right?, is there mold on the bud?, ect.

-People, mostly minorities i hear, are still jailed for even simple possession. Correct me if I'm wrong here?

-Price of marijuana stays the same (too expensive)

Option #2

Marijuana is 'Legalized'

-Due to the inevitable regulations, marijuana will be increasingly harder to produce for your mom and pop growers. These people will be forced to shut down.

-Like with most businesses, a few companies will rise to the top and control most of the market share. The wealth is less spread out now.

-Hobby farm growers, who go through the proper channels, will exist. But again, there will be far fewer hobby growers than there are now.

-Marijuana will feel safer for the consumer due to the regulations. There would be less fear of contamination from shady growers.

-Consumers of the marijuana benefit HUGELY from legalization. No fear of jail, and lower prices, and tax revenue collected helps the consumer/state of california.

-The quality of marijuana will go to a B grade IMO. Much like the fruits in vegetables in a store are subpar, mass produced marijuana by big corporations will be subpar.

-Price of marijuana could go down as low as $50 an ounce. Add taxes and the price will be around $75-$150. I'm just pulling these numbers out of my ass, but that's my prediction.

-Consumers can grow a small patch of marijuana in there house/yard. This is GREAT for the consumer, although I feel not many people will grow their own. Similar to how not many people have a vegetable garden.

My conclusion: While both options have many positives and negatives, I feel the best option is to legalize. It saddens me that good grow families will have to seek employment elsewhere, but the fact is people are IN JAIL for this shit. Also people are DYING due to the violence surrounding the marijuana black market. The jail/violence alone is reason enough to legalize.

I, like many, hate how the market share of marijuana will go from THOUSANDS of small growers, to probably just hundreds of big corporations. But this is a necessary step in order to get our brothers and sisters out of jail, and to stop our sons and daughters from being murdered due to the profitable black market.

It's a tough choice... :(

grapeman

Veteran
I'm starting to see where Grapeman is coming from. Here's our two options as I see them.

Option #1

Things stay the way they are

-Thousands of small growers are still able to make a living for their family. These small growers produce a range of quality from ditchweed to AAA. These growers are basically able to survive due to the high price of marijuana. Essentially the consumers of marijuana are subsidizing the mom and pop shops.

-Gangs/cartels still thrive selling midgrade, unflushed shit. This is the product most people will continue to see IMO. Violence continues due to the black market.

-No quality control on marijuana. Who knows what pesticides were used?, was the weed flushed right?, is there mold on the bud?, ect.

-People, mostly minorities i hear, are still jailed for even simple possession. Correct me if I'm wrong here?

-Price of marijuana stays the same (too expensive)

Option #2

Marijuana is 'Legalized'

-Due to the inevitable regulations, marijuana will be increasingly harder to produce for your mom and pop growers. These people will be forced to shut down.

-Like with most businesses, a few companies will rise to the top and control most of the market share. The wealth is less spread out now.

-Hobby farm growers, who go through the proper channels, will exist. But again, there will be far fewer hobby growers than there are now.

-Marijuana will feel safer for the consumer due to the regulations. There would be less fear of contamination from shady growers.

-Consumers of the marijuana benefit HUGELY from legalization. No fear of jail, and lower prices, and tax revenue collected helps the consumer/state of california.

-The quality of marijuana will go to a B grade IMO. Much like the fruits in vegetables in a store are subpar, mass produced marijuana by big corporations will be subpar.

-Price of marijuana could go down as low as $50 an ounce. Add taxes and the price will be around $75-$150. I'm just pulling these numbers out of my ass, but that's my prediction.

-Consumers can grow a small patch of marijuana in there house/yard. This is GREAT for the consumer, although I feel not many people will grow their own. Similar to how not many people have a vegetable garden.

My conclusion: While both options have many positives and negatives, I feel the best option is to legalize. It saddens me that good grow families will have to seek employment elsewhere, but the fact is people are IN JAIL for this shit. Also people are DYING due to the violence surrounding the marijuana black market. The jail/violence alone is reason enough to legalize.

I, like many, hate how the market share of marijuana will go from THOUSANDS of small growers, to probably just hundreds of big corporations. But this is a necessary step in order to get our brothers and sisters out of jail, and to stop our sons and daughters from being murdered due to the profitable black market.

It's a tough choice... :(

Well thought out post. It is indeed a choice. We'll see what regulations come down the pike as the government tries to extract as much tax as it can from the industry.

grapeman

Veteran
and every bit of that regulation is less restrictive than the status quo. current regulation says any growing is a felony. that is called prohibition. if i tell you i need a dna sample on file for permission to grow...that is less restrictive than the status quo.

Once again a broken record that is stuck on wrong. Today (if you fucking live in CA) you can simply get a med card and do whatever you wish (grow the way you wish and sell to clubs if you wish). The government is NOT your partner. Once this crop becomes a source of revenue to the vampires in Sacramento, you will not.

You continue to display a total lack of business acumen and general ignorance to post the same shit over and over as if you someday will be correct.

Dkgrower

Veteran
I guess i newer will understand Americans

Nice pepol tho but this is confusing, you really dont want it to be legal

Just because off dollars you want pepol to go to jail and keep it illegal

Shit blows my mind

CaptainTrips

I guess i newer will understand Americans

Nice pepol tho but this is confusing, you really dont want it to be legal

Just because off dollars you want pepol to go to jail and keep it illegal

Shit blows my mind

It wasn't because of dollars that it lost, it was because of old republician dinosaurs that it lost.

grapeman

Veteran
It wasn't because of dollars that it lost, it was because of old republician dinosaurs that it lost.

Your comment has to be the dumbest ever. How the fuck can you blame the republicans when everyone on the ticket in CALIFORNIA that won was a democrat. Can we assume then that more democrats registered and voted then republicans? I would think so.

Are you dumb or dumber then shit? I can't tell.

But I'll guess. You are fucking dumber then shit.

CaptainTrips

Your comment has to be the dumbest ever. How the fuck can you blame the republicans when everyone on the ticket in CALIFORNIA that won was a democrat. Can we assume then that more democrats registered and voted then republicans? I would think so.

Are you dumb or dumber then shit? I can't tell.

But I'll guess. You are fucking dumber then shit.

Fuck you. Prop 19 had 30% republician support, by far the lowest of any group. I wasn't blaming anybody, if anything i'd be thanking them.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran

dude you are soooooo way the fuck off base

the reason it lost was the young 18-25 year old gaming douchebags & dumbfucks choose to keep playing their video games rather than go to the polls and cast votes.

you dont get experience points in warcraft for voting on election day

if those same kids would have done what they did during the presidential election the results would have been different.

sorry dude. youre just wrong.

edit: maybe next time instead of bickering amongst ourselves we should go outside our canna world and encourage people to vote regardless...
watching/reading the debates online between members has been like going to an asa meeting and listening to lawyers argue its been fucking pretty lame.... glad im leaving this shithole this festering neon distraction for paradise. have fun. good luck folks.

Last edited:

CaptainTrips

dude you are soooooo way the fuck off base

the reason it lost was the young 18-25 year old gaming douchebags & dumbfucks choose to keep playing their video games rather than go to the polls and cast votes.

you dont get experience points in warcraft for voting on election day

if those same kids would have done what they did during the presidential election the results would have been different.

sorry dude. youre just wrong.

If it had republician support the same as dems and inds it would have won. That age group had little reason to vote for it anyway. Majority of them are just smokers and from their view its practically already legal.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That age group had little reason to vote for it anyway. Majority of them are just smokers and from their view its practically already legal.

but every vote counts
or would have counted....

hopefully they learned that. such an expensive lesson. hopefully we all learned something.

Latest posts

Latest posts