What's new

Legalize MJ ! Really? No I mean REALLY?

grapeman

Veteran
logical debate fallacy:

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#false_expert

try again sport..
the current status of regulation IS perfectly relevant to the hypothetical regulatory scheme in a legal market.
i prefer the lessened regulation of legalization to the extreme regulation of prohibition.
is it your supposition that a legal regulatory structure will be somehow more oppressive than current regulation?

Well that is setting the bar low. I prefer decriminalization.Even with your use of beautiful words, it's no wonder you haven't comprehended the OP...... sport.

grapeman

Veteran
Are you kidding man. That woman gets a fine if she gets caught selling hers. If I sell my extra veggies I get the whole experience of the legal system, and prison, and life as a felon afterwords. It would cost me way more than any license or taxes ever would! There is no way that you can convince an intelligent person that we are better off leaving cultivation as a felony.

As with the dog man, you too cannot fathom the original intent of the thread. You're still stuck on asking pretty please if you can grow a natural weed product for profit.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I get the original intent of the thread and I'm saying that there is several other points that are exponentially more important that render the point of the thread null and void. I think that is what Dag is saying as well.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the government is fucking stupid...look at NJ. they made medical legal but the laws are so strict that the black market will still live.

the black market will always live...i just dont see the gov pumping out cheap weed for the masses anytime soon. why would they? doesnt make sense......i see them doing whats happening in CO. highly regulated warehouses that rape the owners in taxes and rules, and the warehouses can only pump out through their government dispensarys, which are gonna charge top dollar to keep that tax money coming. all governments in this country are about REVENUE right now, not compassion....even though in california a cancer patient might get weed for free or cheap, the regular stoners are gonna get waxed.

of course its all speculation..until then fuck it. i got clubs beggin for my OG but i keep it black market. i like seeing my relatives and homies make a little money selling and smoking my bud....i like the way things are, but im preparing for the worst as well. already invested into a legal industry that will always be around, so if weed crashes then i got other avenues...but until then MAKE DUE WHILE THE SUN SHINES!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also look at what happened in NJ...its not growers starting these new co-ops...its ex suits and ex businessmen who damn sure dont want your average johnny pot grower making some big business out of his little plot of land....they will find ways to make the regulations and the prices that will drive everyone else out of business....if you wanna go legal start saving money now!! your average pot grower is not gonna have the funds to go legal..

marijuana and grapes grow similar, but the taxes behind them wont be the same. marijuana is gonna have all sorts of special sin taxes and regulations. for grapes we just call the buyer, sell them, pay standard tax, and move along. i doubt they will make things that easy with marijuana....

but hey who knows...if it does get legalized im gonna rip up 5 acres ofa sav blanc vineyard and throw in hundreds of 200 gallon smartpots!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^you just have to be better than your competition. Suits will get hosed in this business when it is federally legal, and I will hose them. they have no clue how to make quality. Look at first growth French Wine. They have been doing it forever. no one on the planet can match their quality. American wine sucks because they are new at it relatively. Just like I couldn't just start day trading with no clue about what I'm doing and somehow bankrupt George Soros; Some suit couldn't just jump into growing, and bankrupt you. If anything they would have to hire you and since it is a new industry you can set your pay standard. The logistics on environment control, and nutrient chemistry alone on a large grow would boggle their freaking mind.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Well that is setting the bar low. I prefer decriminalization.Even with your use of beautiful words, it's no wonder you haven't comprehended the OP...... sport.
i believe the lack of comprehension is yours..
i understand the OP/OT perfectly.
you warn that the regulatory structure subsequent to legalization will be prohibitive of entry into the newly formed legal market.
given the cost prohibitive nature of said regulatory structure only a select few monied individuals/corporations will be able to enter the large scale cultivation industry.
i suppose that further the regulations will NOT be handled by the USDA as you suggest but by the ATFE(M) and controlled more like alcohol.
even with the structures put in place by the:
ATFE(M)
DEP
USDA
DWM
Ag boards
Zoning boards ect....
when viewed through the prism of current regulation these (granted oppressive) new regulatory schemes would be welcomed.
your pipe dream of a fully deregulated cannatopia is the classic mistake of allowing the pursuit of perfection to be the enemy of progress.

now go ahead with your obfuscation about how even mentioning current government involvement is irrelevant to a discussion of potential future regulation in a legalized situation VS. a decriminalized one.

:jerkit:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^he next likely to come back with a bad argument based off one of these two tactics.

Slippery Slope Fallacy (Camel's Nose)

there is an old saying about how if you allow a camel to poke his nose into the tent, soon the whole camel will follow.

The fallacy here is the assumption that something is wrong because it is right next to something that is wrong. Or, it is wrong because it could slide towards something that is wrong.

For example, "Allowing abortion in the first week of pregnancy would lead to allowing it in the ninth month." Or, "If we legalize marijuana, then more people will try heroin." Or, "If I make an exception for you then I'll have to make an exception for everyone."

# Argument From Adverse Consequences (Appeal To Fear, Scare Tactics):

saying an opponent must be wrong, because if he is right, then bad things would ensue. For example: God must exist, because a godless society would be lawless and dangerous. Or: the defendant in a murder trial must be found guilty, because otherwise husbands will be encouraged to murder their wives.

Wishful thinking is closely related. "My home in Florida is six inches above sea level. Therefore I am certain that global warming will not make the oceans rise by one foot." Of course, wishful thinking can also be about positive consequences, such as winning the lottery, or eliminating poverty and crime.

grapeman

Veteran
i believe the lack of comprehension is yours..
i understand the OP/OT perfectly.
you warn that the regulatory structure subsequent to legalization will be prohibitive of entry into the newly formed legal market.
given the cost prohibitive nature of said regulatory structure only a select few monied individuals/corporations will be able to enter the large scale cultivation industry.
i suppose that further the regulations will NOT be handled by the USDA as you suggest but by the ATFE(M) and controlled more like alcohol.
even with the structures put in place by the:
ATFE(M)
DEP
USDA
DWM
Ag boards
Zoning boards ect....
when viewed through the prism of current regulation these (granted oppressive) new regulatory schemes would be welcomed.
your pipe dream of a fully deregulated cannatopia is the classic mistake of allowing the pursuit of perfection to be the enemy of progress.

now go ahead with your obfuscation about how even mentioning current government involvement is irrelevant to a discussion of potential future regulation in a legalized situation VS. a decriminalized one.

:jerkit:

You forgot the FDA.

grapeman

Veteran
Anyway, thanks all for hopping in here as I was bored on a trip last week in bum fuck AZ and thought I'd find an argument (nothing to do in Elfrieda Az). I'm home now and I can retire this discussion until my next trip.

LOL

I feel you on the knowing how to do it better tip.
Bill Gates wasnt the best programmer, he just hired them
Hard to compete with their $ & influence :ying:

^you just have to be better than your competition. Suits will get hosed in this business when it is federally legal, and I will hose them. they have no clue how to make quality. Look at first growth French Wine. They have been doing it forever. no one on the planet can match their quality. American wine sucks because they are new at it relatively. Just like I couldn't just start day trading with no clue about what I'm doing and somehow bankrupt George Soros; Some suit couldn't just jump into growing, and bankrupt you. If anything they would have to hire you and since it is a new industry you can set your pay standard. The logistics on environment control, and nutrient chemistry alone on a large grow would boggle their freaking mind.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Anyway, thanks all for hopping in here as I was bored on a trip last week in bum fuck AZ and thought I'd find an argument (nothing to do in Elfrieda Az). I'm home now and I can retire this discussion until my next trip.

LOL

so you admit you are just a troll?

D

decarboxylator

so you admit you are just a troll?

Can we move on now, please? This guy has trolled other threads to death. Let's just call it bored antagonism instead of trolling, more semantically correct.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 7

TruthOrLie

Veteran
The idea of medical MJ isn't to KILL THE BLACK MARKET.

WTF?

The idea of medical MJ is that people who NEED MJ aren't prosecuted like the criminals profiting off the BLACK MARKET of MJ.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
The idea of medical MJ isn't to KILL THE BLACK MARKET.

WTF?

The idea of medical MJ is that people who NEED MJ aren't prosecuted like the criminals profiting off the BLACK MARKET of MJ.
^^^^
see grape this is completely irrelevant to the OT of the thread..

TruthOrLie

Veteran
it's probably as easy as putting some "hot rocks" in water to grow tomatoes right?

LMFAO!!!!

Actually, that's exactly how your indoor is grown.

Some technicians in a nuclear or coal power plant put hot rocks in water.

The water turns to steam.

The steam turns a turbine.

The electricity is delivered to your home via power lines.

You grow the finest indoor tomatoes you desire.

------
------

Moderating might not be your thing. You've never tried it so you don't know anything about it.

Plus its a lot more work than you think.

And from what I hear you don't get paid.

Maybe you should stick to square watermelons?
:laughing:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
simple minds must make things simple to understand them...

coal is hot?
i've got a lump 'o anthracite in a box downstairs...
it aint hot ;)

hot rocks!!!
what a maroon...

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I heard that if you put pop-rocks in coke and then drink it your stomach will explode.