What's new

LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

botanist85

Would it be unfair to make some adjustments over on the 126w side of things? Perhaps moving some of the plants around or turning the light 180 degrees? It just seems that the plants have out grown their confinements and need some type of variable change. It could be something simple, like I said, as moving a plant to receive a different angle of lighting. I'm just concerned about that tall girl, she obviously is out of the direct foot print of the light. Her Mom and dad must have been basketball players or something. Just a thought on my end though.

I

irishboy

Would it be unfair to make some adjustments over on the 126w side of things? Perhaps moving some of the plants around or turning the light 180 degrees? It just seems that the plants have out grown their confinements and need some type of variable change. It could be something simple, like I said, as moving a plant to receive a different angle of lighting. I'm just concerned about that tall girl, she obviously is out of the direct foot print of the light. Her Mom and dad must have been basketball players or something. Just a thought on my end though.

no their just going to grow straight up no help. the 126w has the pentration and the 180w has the foot print. i dont belive its fair to move the lights and stuff. the test is to see what each light can do with 3 plants.

J

jaded1

Looking very nice irishboy,from the pictures the 180 looks to have bigger buds and more frost.Do you see any differences in the buds between the 2 lights like denseness and resin coverage?

I

irishboy

Looking very nice irishboy,from the pictures the 180 looks to have bigger buds and more frost.Do you see any differences in the buds between the 2 lights like denseness and resin coverage?

both seems to have alot of resin but i am also using some Snow strom ulta to feed.

i havent squized my buds to see the denseness yet i usaly wait untill the buds get realy fourmd. plus i am not a big fan in handing my buds like that its bad for resin. i usaly wait untill their all dry and cured to see how dense they are. plus in past growes i have had buds that were hard and when dry they were fluffy. so i always wait untill the end. but from the eye they look al dense.
the 180w has a little fatter buds at this point in flowering. but we will see if that extra pentration from the 126w will come into play latter on in flowering to fatten up those buds?

LEDGirl

Veteran
For everyone wondering, we guessed the 180W would lead the first several weeks of bud formation (although not by a lot), as it has quite a few more red LED's than are contained in our product. We didn't expect our unit to lead by so much throughout the veg stage though, resulting in obviously larger plants. If you look at most LED grows using 120 degree units (like PS), they do great until about week 4, and then start to wane off due to the lack of penetration. The first several weeks are not where penetration is vital, it's during the stacking/thickening stage over the last severalweeks where it plays the biggest role. During this time you will see the 126W catch up with bud production and surpass the 180W in overall yield. What you can't forget through all of this, is that we went against ProSource using 30% less power, so imagine what things would be like if it was 180 vs 180 ;)

Last edited:

dogsnova

Nice post LEDGirl...Yes grams per watt used and also potency will be what most of us will be wanting to hear about..

Great show...

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
@Irishboy - the latest posts seem to show more budsites on the plants using the 126 watt set-up while the plants using the 180 watt set-up have more bud weight development. Is that what you are seeing or are my old, blind-assed eyes (once again) deceiving me?

I

irishboy

i had time so took some pics tonight. this is the day before 6 weeks flowering.

6_weeks_flowering_001_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_007_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_002_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_019_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_022_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_010_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_023_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_028_630x472.jpg

6_weeks_flowering_029_630x472.jpg

I

irishboy

What's the height from the 126W to the blue dreams? Same question for the 180W.

one of ur blue dreams is about 11.5" from the light and the other is 12" from the light.

the 180w is 12" from both BD's and dont now how far from the little Hindu skunk it is probably 14-15" away.

J

jaded1

Looking good irishboy, from pics still looks like 180 is doing better.the lower buds on the 126 look small and wispy,do you think that 1 tall plant is pushing the light too far away from the other plants,think maybe the 126 would have bigger yield if canopy was a bit more even.

I

irishboy

Looking good irishboy, from pics still looks like 180 is doing better.the lower buds on the 126 look small and wispy,do you think that 1 tall plant is pushing the light too far away from the other plants,think maybe the 126 would have bigger yield if canopy was a bit more even.

no i don't think that the 1 taller plant is pushing light away from the others plants, because the other plants are still under the main light directly under the unit. all the plants are blocking inter buds sites because they have to be so close together to fit in the foot print of the light. i am sure that is going to effect yield. but its the same thing with the 180w also. they both have dense foliage.
i do think that if the canopy was even that i would get more yield, but thats the way they grew under the light, wasn't to much i could have done.

the true test is when i have all the plants dry and on the scale to see the total weight of each plant. then i can see for sure how much better one light is from the other.

Sleepy

Veteran
the true test is when i have all the plants dry and on the scale to see the total weight of each plant. then i can see for sure how much better one light is from the other.

exactly...

looking good, irish!

MMAJAY

You must also consider the 126 watt light is cheaper to run as well as much cheaper to buy. The 180 watt is 699 dollars i think . The final weight as well as cost will be the determining factor.

N

NicholasSmokes

While I understand that yield per watt is the key for most growers, it is not the only consideration. I'm a small time personal use growers and stealth is my main reason for being interested in LED lights. I'm looking to see that LEDs can grow quality dense buds and I would be willing to give up a little bit of yield in return for using less electricity, creating less heat, and getting rid of noisy fans. With my 400 watt setup, I'm growing more weed than I can use anyway.

I

irishboy

While I understand that yield per watt is the key for most growers, it is not the only consideration. I'm a small time personal use growers and stealth is my main reason for being interested in LED lights. I'm looking to see that LEDs can grow quality dense buds and I would be willing to give up a little bit of yield in return for using less electricity, creating less heat, and getting rid of noisy fans. With my 400 watt setup, I'm growing more weed than I can use anyway.

i can say that my last led grows had some dense bud, i was scared at first because ive read all these people saying leds cause fluffy buds. bud i have gotten solid buds from my grows. like HPS solid. giving i only used one brand of leds i cant say for sure about others leds on the market. (i would stay away from cheap ebay ones) but you can always use some Humboldt's own: gravity, that will harden ur bud up real quick.

botanist85

My main question is how the hell you answer all these questions when your on almost every forum known to man, lol good work though.

Im sticking right by what I thought from the start. I don't think either light is going to Win or Loose by a mile stone. Four weeks is a real long time to go and I certainly seen plenty of games turn around from the half way mark. Right?

As of now, yes the 180 look nicer (clinch my teeth) but not by much. The bud sites look equal to me, thicker on the 180 side but the same amount. Now that the 126 is done stretching the plant is ready to develop weight and I think the next 4 weeks is going to be very very interesting.

Either way, whatever light does win I bet the winning weight will be no more then 1/4 ounce or 7 grams. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.