What's new

LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W pro source LED LIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsnova

one thing i have notice between the two lights is the hairs are turning color faster on the 126w side then the 180w dont know why this is happing? but things are looking good.

Irishboy that is a very important finding IMO.. Most all other LED grows light tests I've seen, all seem to be slower in flowering time by a week or two.. Please keep us posted on the ripening speed. Great looking grow..

WarBux

i just looked at the girls right now. the hindu skunks are looking much better after i feed them last nite. things are looking frosty in their, all of the leaves have frost all ver them. i have been using that new additive called snow strom ultra, and i will say that $hit works great. i will use this now on. i am also going to use that gravity stuff to in a few weeks.

one thing i have notice between the two lights is the hairs are turning color faster on the 126w side then the 180w dont know why this is happing? but things are looking good.

Do you mean they are maturing faster then the pro source light? Thats interesting

I

irishboy

I think if you use training technique like ScrOG yield will be much more bigger.

i agree with you. but for test reasons i dont think its a good ideal to do any training. its eayeir to keep everything fair between the two lights to do just a straight up grow, plus that also tells me how good these lights realy are because i can still get a killer yeild not training with HPS.

next time when my test is over ill srat doing some LST on my plants.

Irishboy - looking good! My exp is rather limited (once seeds and once clones) so forgive me but is all that side branching (the really long ones) strain specific or is that another benefit of the lights? Min (chocolope) didn't do anything like that. Thanks -and that question is open to anyone.

I

irishboy

Irishboy - looking good! My exp is rather limited (once seeds and once clones) so forgive me but is all that side branching (the really long ones) strain specific or is that another benefit of the lights? Min (chocolope) didn't do anything like that. Thanks -and that question is open to anyone.

its strian specific, but having a good veg light aso helps.

I

irishboy

They are beautiful - but of course they're clone only. Do you know of any other strains that do that from clone?

almost every strain i have grow has done that but my last grow witch was super skunk and shiva skunk had the straigh cola fourm. i also think alot of it has to do with having ur lights close to keep streching down and letting ur mid-bottom branches to catch up.
i know my grand daddy purp did that, i could be the more indica strains do this?

interesting, makes sense, I guess it's a fine line between getting more coverage and getting more out of the coverage that you do have.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I agree with your straight up test, irish. If you had done LST then the wogs would be all over your ass saying one got this and another got that and it was not fair to this guy, but fairer to that guy.

Straight up gonzo grows with identical feeding schedules, identical soils and everything else so the only thing that is different is the test versus the control.

If we wanted to be picky at this we could test the same species against HID in a vertical kool tube to get the absolute best possible outcomes for the HID to use in the experiment where the HID is the control and the LEDs are the tests.

That would silence all of those who have doubts who are also of reasonable minds. There will always be a krewe of total assholes who don't care what you do, they still believe in the Capricorn One (staged reality) outcome no matter what you do. Fuck them.

Continue the mission, Commander.

I

irishboy

I agree with your straight up test, irish. If you had done LST then the wogs would be all over your ass saying one got this and another got that and it was not fair to this guy, but fairer to that guy.

Straight up gonzo grows with identical feeding schedules, identical soils and everything else so the only thing that is different is the test versus the control.

If we wanted to be picky at this we could test the same species against HID in a vertical kool tube to get the absolute best possible outcomes for the HID to use in the experiment where the HID is the control and the LEDs are the tests.

That would silence all of those who have doubts who are also of reasonable minds. There will always be a krewe of total assholes who don't care what you do, they still believe in the Capricorn One (staged reality) outcome no matter what you do. Fuck them.

Continue the mission, Commander.

i agree bro, my part of the deal was do a fair test so that what i am doing. same strains, same soil, food is from the same bucket and they all get feed at the same time, same room with them side by side to get the same conditions. the only diff is the lights. my part of the deal was to do one test and show witch light is better, after this the ball and chain is off my leg and i can grow how i like to grow and not worry about if its fair or not. i wanted to lolli pop these plants but didnt do that because of the problem it would cause. next time i will lolli pop and LST to get my monsters i usaly get. i dont go all crazy with the LST i just tie down a few big branches like 2-3 and let them grow tall, then i end up with 3 big ass colas full of bud from head to toe. i know alot of people usaly tie down alot more but hight isnt an issue, i got more tops this way without topping my plants witch causes uneeded stress IMOP. o9ver the years i have found some plants dont do so well being toped so i rather not take the chance and just tie them down to get the same effect but with less stress.

Irish, things look nice, glad you stuck around. I am looking into the getting one of these for my cabinet. Currently running a 400 watt in a pretty small area, using a 6" vortex to suck out the air, so my prob is the noise, if I can get close to the same results and get more stealth would really give me piece of mind. My cabinet sounds like a small plane about to launch, works fine but not very stealth.

Take care

I

irishboy

here are some pics of the day befor 5 weeks. tomarrow is 5 weeks flowering.

5_weeks_flowering_004_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_027_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_018_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_016_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_015_630x472.jpg

180w
5_weeks_flowering_025_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_024_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_023_630x472.jpg

5_weeks_flowering_014_630x472.jpg
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/5_weeks_flowering_014_630x472.jpg

dogsnova

The 126w looks great but I think the bud formation looks better for the 180w (tighter and more compact). Is it just the pics or is this a correct visual I'm seeing?... irishboy great work..

crudvapors

it does seem the 180w has more bud formation, but the 126w has such bigger plants (even though one of the plants on the 180 side was stunted). It actually looks like the 126w is overgrowing it's growspace despite even a 54w difference. And, since your veg stage sets the foundation for your flowering, i think the 126w will finish strong.

apollonio

the 180 plants are fatter indeed! but as crud said, they are way smaller... i think there is another 4 weeks to finish, am i right irish?

Status
Not open for further replies.