What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Results: Grams per Watt

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
just updated the chart...

skotty's first grow was adjusted since the output of the HGL 345 Penetrator is really 279 watts and not the 290 I had in the chart. my LED Mythbusting thread has a picture of this...

and

i added a second grow by skotty where he got .61 gpw out of 579 total watts. 356 grams is what he yielded...

thread here --> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225701

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Dang, here I sit, 340 grams from 1100 watts. Five plant perpetual grow, this is one plant and 1/5 the watts.
At least I am consistant, this number is about the same as last year and the year before. LED's increased the yield by .02 gpw, mostly they increase the comfort level.
The room is comfortable though, room to walk between plants, room to examine and rotate, comfortable to be in. Room for a chair and a book if wanted.
I am older and my priorities are not as they were when young.

I make up for it by burning 5500 watts, works for me, the cost of electricity is not crippling.

cyat

Veteran
Dang, here I sit, 340 grams from 1100 watts. Five plant perpetual grow, this is one plant and 1/5 the watts.
At least I am consistant, this number is about the same as last year and the year before. LED's increased the yield by .02 gpw, mostly they increase the comfort level.
The room is comfortable though, room to walk between plants, room to examine and rotate, comfortable to be in. Room for a chair and a book if wanted.

I make up for it by burning 5500 watts, works for me, the cost of electricity is not crippling.

I tend to average about 3/4 per 1k ... really pisses me off

GP73LPC

Veteran

don't worry about a thing. the shit you do is amazing... :respect:

this thread was just to help the world see LED's are viable, NOW !!! Not 5 years from now... of course technology will improve, but price will increase for that research also...

i say buy in to LEDS NOW !!! :D

oneshot

Quality over quantity. Your setup is incredible.

Bassy59

You don't have any numbers on Grow Stealth LED yet do you?

I have a 600w from them, (advertised draw 540w) and I just ordered a kill o watt to check.

My gpw is horrendous but that's more a result of me than anything I'm sure. I truthfully don't know what this led is capable of and tend to think I am asking too much of it by growing fewer plants much larger/wider/bushier than the folks doing many plant scrogs and such much smaller.

I'll let ya know the draw when the meter comes in.

Great work.

GP73LPC

Veteran
very cool Bassy :good: can't wait for your results with the kill-a-watt.

i will also be adding the Grow Stealth LED arrays to my LED Retailer charts...

btw, i have a kill-a-watt thread too... it's in my sig, LED Mythbusting... Also check out LED Retailers in my sig as this is the charts I am referring too...

Bassy59

Yes GP, I have like 5 threads on this opened here.

I'm funcused. Almost ready to go to hid after 2 lousy yields with LED. But I did have my own issues in one of them and maybe just grower error in the 2nd. My 3rd was just flipped to flower 2 days ago, so I may try to just stay with led for this and the summer and try like hell to do better. I don't know if the light is the issue or not.

Bassy59

wow, now I'm pissed. I keep thinking it's my mistakes in growing until I see this. Now I could be wrong, all I did was plug in the brand new kill a watt then the LED when the lights had just turned on.

Tell me if I did it wrong.

Grow Stealth LED 600w Pro Bloom. Advertised at 540w actual draw. *Tested Actual 410w wtf?

Edit: To be fair, I'm going to contact GSL. It's certainly possible whomever the Chinese vendor is that made it (All these lights are made by only a few Chinese vendors) screwed it up and GSL may correct the issue.

Attachments

• P4260001.jpg
    P4260001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P4260002.jpg
    P4260002.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 31
  • P4260003.jpg
    P4260003.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 36

GP73LPC

Veteran
the difference of 130 watts is most definitely affecting your final yield numbers...

i will update the charts in my LED Retailer thread with this information...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow Stealth LED 600w Pro Bloom. Advertised at 540w actual draw. *Tested Actual 410w wtf?

Edit: To be fair, I'm going to contact GSL. It's certainly possible whomever the Chinese vendor is that made it (All these lights are made by only a few Chinese vendors) screwed it up and GSL may correct the issue.

I just looked at their site, and while they say "actual power draw" = 550 watts, if you calculate the wattage based on their amperage at voltage figures it comes out to 506 watts. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.

420empire

Veteran
Hey GP..

Just want to remind you, that Hans from ledgrow, has updated. I have heard a little bird sing about 1.48 Gpw. + it is done with a total power comp. 103 watt. Damm I am impressed !

Cheers

GP73LPC

Veteran
Hey GP..

Just want to remind you, that Hans from ledgrow, has updated. I have heard a little bird sing about 1.48 Gpw. + it is done with a total power comp. 103 watt. Damm I am impressed !

Cheers

lemme look into that...

EDIT: if i read things correctly that looks like a wet weight

Last edited:

devilgoob

Veteran
The eye is more sensitive to green. Meaning if the same amount of photonic energy and density would exist in the red light, but the human eye is more sensitive, and therefore green is brighter.

GP73LPC

Veteran
Sure,,, I think it is dry, but i might miss something out here.

Cheers.

looks like you are correct, i swear i read it was wet weight... oh well, i will add it to the chart soon...

Latest posts

Latest posts