Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Thread Closed
VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG

Hi guys and gals , for those of you who have been following my previous grow diary, this will all look rather familiar - but ive decided to try an LED lamp in there again as a replacement for my 250w HPS.
Having done a few grows in my micro cab with an LED of the same spectrum as this one, i have found the quality to be a bit better and the flowering to be a bit quicker than HPS.
The new lamp is an HGL 126X2-pro (with 3w LED's) and uses 187 watts from the wall, which is a considerable power saving over the 250 HPS which actually uses over 300 watts
I used an LED of similar wattage in here a year or two ago and although the grams per watt were good, the overall yield from the cab was better with the hps. what i am hoping for this time is to get a total yield that is comparable to the HPS - hopefully LED tech has improved enough for that to be possible. We will see.
some pics
here are the vent holes in the base of the cab - there are actually a few more holes down each side now. i pack this cab very full of buds and this hollow floor vent system seems to handle it with a 4" temp controlled fan keeping the environment stable

her is a tray with a waterproof pipe in the middle to let the air through the central vent hole

here are the new plants - as you can see ive gone back to regular pots as the smart pots didnt seem to increase yields and were a bit of a wind-up to water as it tends to p1ss out the side holes. also the old pots were slightly shorter and i need as much height as i can gain because i need to keep the lamp at least a foot from the plants.

the plants were potted up today in my organic soil mix (slightly teaked - more about that later) and with a bark mulch
the line up -
back left quarter - Shark1
back right quarter - C4D no4 pheno
front left quarter - MMG
front right quarter - Chem D
am planning to flip them to 12/12 and fit the modular screens on friday. you can see the legs for one screen are already in place

fingers crossed for a good grow... hopefully there are a few scrogging tricks that i have yet to share with you all
VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 PM #2
nameless
bowlbreath

nameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond reputenameless has a reputation beyond repute
SNAP !!!
FRONT ROW!!!
lookin good too VG, itll be nice tag along on another of your LED grows

Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM #3
Rusty420
Banned

Rusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really niceRusty420 is just really nice

Old 01-18-2012, 11:47 PM #4
GP73LPC
Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/Bean Gatherer

GP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud ofGP73LPC has much to be proud of
in on the front row too...

so you tested the 187 from the wall on that unit?

would love to update my threads with that info...

Old 01-19-2012, 12:49 AM #5
nugbuckets

nugbuckets has a spectacular aura aboutnugbuckets has a spectacular aura aboutnugbuckets has a spectacular aura aboutnugbuckets has a spectacular aura about
hey VG,
similar to my grow with modular scrog......plants about the same size too....will be watching....check mine out in sig....peace, nugs

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229641

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 AM #6
Duplicate

Duplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the rough
I am very interested in these LEDs.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 AM #7
mitch_connor
large member

mitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of lightmitch_connor is a glorious beacon of light
Subbed

Always nice plants, pics and info from VG

Old 01-19-2012, 05:33 PM #8
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
nameless, rusty - welcome!

GP73LPC - great to have you along - ive got a pic of the power consumption that i'll post in your thread

nugbuckets - sounds cool i'll check out your grow

Duplicate - its a pretty tough test for an LED to match up to what i yield in this cab with my 250 hps (about 10 oz last run) - i'll be very happy if i can get close to those yields with a lamp that saves me 40% or so on power consumption

mitch - thanks dude

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM #9
#1cheesebuds

#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of
wow dude that led light panel looks kick ass. garden is looking good too.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 PM #10
Duplicate

Duplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the roughDuplicate is a jewel in the rough
Where I live power is expensive so I'm more interested in efficiency than gross yield.

Thread Closed