What's new

135W LED, Hempy Cups, Auto

Week 1
Hello all!

This is my first grow and grow journal so feel free to shout abuse if you see something wrong with what I'm doing, either in method or in practice.

, ,

So after I planted these babys on Tuesday night 2 out of 3 have sprouted something which to me signals that this operation has been given the green light and is in full swing. Honestly I think the hardest part is over and the rest is up to the plants. :)

I do have a question to the Internet tho, I'm mixing my nutrient solution up and with watering every other day I imagine that the solution is going to be sitting there for a week and a half. Is that to long a time to leave the nutrients in water? Should I be mixing up a batch every 5 days? Just didn't know if the water I'm giving them after a week will be doing more harm than good.

Growbox still needs a fan and scrubber but I have a few weeks till it smells and an ona block to help combat stench.

Week 2

picture.php

So after a week that 3rd container didn't sprout anything so I dug down, got the lazy bastard and crushed him in front of his two replacements. After 6 days they showed their faces like my first two.

So after a week the room temp averages at 18°C and the growbox at 21°C and I have checked my solution after a week and its still sitting at 6.4 Ph so I think its okay to leave the solution for up to a week, I will check it next week and see if it turns then I will know for sure how long I can pre - mix a solution. So far they have drank 2.75L but I imagine this will increase as the plant grows and eventually reaches the bottom of the hempy reservoir.

I have never grown before so Im happy with the plants so far.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
So after a week that 3rd container didn't sprout anything so I dug down, got the lazy bastard and crushed him in front of his two replacements. After 6 days they showed their faces like my first two.

that's right you teach those seeds who's boss!

most excellent start, congrats

So a wee update @ 2.5weeks

Got a close up there of Baby Jesus there, going to have to double check on how to tell male/females appart. Even tho I bought females I still wanna know.

Looks like Hitler is coming down with something, Wee tiny spots appearing and colour change. Hes going to have to hang in there cause I have no idea what im doing. He wasnt playing fair tho and was overshadowing Jethrow which you can tell has stunted him a bit.

All in all going well so far. Shocked at what a difference a week makes to a plant!

AlexTrebek

All of you please remain calm and seated,
the grow show will begin in a moment!
Trebekster has his 3-D goggles on for this

Week 3

Ok some photos,

Baby Jesus
----------------------------------------------------

Hitler
-----------------------------------------------------

Cowboy Bepbop & Jethrow
-----------------------------------------------------

Was taking a closer look at Hitler today and he seems to have gotton worse. I think I figured it out now. I need to water them more, pretty simple eh! BJ + H's pots were dry when I checked on em today so they must be needing watering every day now, no longer every other. Hope this helps him out. Baby Jesus is still fine. As for jethrow and cowboy bepbop (the replacements) it will be another week till they empty their pots. Jethrow is tiny due to the assault he took from Hitler.

I have raised the plants up to 5" of the led just for the most intense light they could get. Just put them on books to raise them. 6 more weeks to go!!

B

Brinny-chan

Re: 135W LED, Hempy Cups, Auto

LMAO, subscribed to this for hilarious plant names and showing those first seeds whose boss! Plants looking good :)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Week 4
(Disaster Week)

So I had to work away from Mon - Friday. Thought I could trust these plants to my family to water but that plan failed. Came back on friday night and watered them. I used about double the amount used when I was away. All the plants had dried out and brittle leaves on them. Baby Jesus the strongest plant took a big hit. He has now fallen behind in size and bushiness next to Hitler.

Added to the fact they only got half a days water for 5 days there was a power cut for 6 hours that I think has kicked Baby Jesus and Hitler into flower mode. They both have something weird going on at the top that I ain't seen before so.....Fucking rage.

So aye these plants had a day of water in them so they look alot better than last night. They were all light green and brown.

Jethrow and Cowboy Bepbop are fine. I imagine these two will have a higher yield cause they are a week behind as they weren't forced to flower early. Even tho Jethrow was gibbed by Hitler early on.

This has defo been the worst week so far for the plants.

Update*****

RIP COWBOY BEPBOP

Took me there weeks to work out this bastard was a male. I dont know when your meant to find out but I hope he didnt have time to sow any seeds. So now I know what to look for when growing in the future, balls are bad.

Still tho, these plants are tiny, exactly what I was looking for for my small growbox. Hitler is now pushing 9" and hes the biggest haha. I hope to get an ounce of these 3 plants. I know I wont get an ounce for a first time grower but I still want one. :D

Started Hitler and Baby Jesus on their Bloom feed, notice some white hairs sticking out of places where I think the bud is going to be. Jethrow the gimp is still in grow mode. He was planted a week behind and was always the runt of the litter.

Organic joe

That sucks that cowboy bepbop turn male on you but the other the look good especially after a week of virtually no water I hope my first attempt turns out as good as yours had so far...I'm going to use the hempy bucket as well

Week 5

Well now thats week 5 cleared heading into the home straight!

Heres how the lineup is looking

As of tonight they are now on the bloom feed. I had kept little Jethrow on the grow for a week extra as he was late to join the race. But now they are starting to bud and they are all hairy bitches!!

Also I cut of quite a few of the damaged leafs from disaster week. I think the plants are healthier for it and regret nothing.

Hitler
----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the end photo I had to do some basic LST on Hitler as he was growing against the led. Had been for about 4 days before I got to him. Good call on the led light that can let plants get that close and not wreck them!!!

Baby Jesus
--------------------------------------------------

Looking at some of these photos I need to trim more leaves of Baby Jesus!!!

Jethrow
-------------------------------------------------------------

Still hanging in there eh Jethrow. This plant is tiny.

That sucks that cowboy bepbop turn male on you but the other the look good especially after a week of virtually no water I hope my first attempt turns out as good as yours had so far...I'm going to use the hempy bucket as well

Good luck joe! Its better to find out if you would fail than to wonder about success! See when I was looking at yer photos, I saw you used clear plastic which lets the light get at the roots!!! I just duck taped mine up and avoided using clear plastic to help this. I dont know if this is a real issue tho im a blatant noob, its just something I read here somewhere.

Week 6

So thats a month and a half done now. Looking good. Here I found a guy on youtube basically doing the same thing. His plants are at the same age as mine in the vid and they both look the same. His took 11 weeks on both of his grows with this strain so looking at that I'm halfway through my grow. Recently just chopped about 40% of all the plants. That was about 4 days ago so they are all still looking healthy.

Hitler
---------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Jesus
----------------------------------------------------------------

Jethrow
-----------------------------------------------------------------

wow dude they r looking good. :)

Cheers man, I got no idea what im doing but its going well. :D :D :D I think I have fluked this one.

Week 7

So yeah, Friday there was the end of week 7. Honestly happy as fuck with them but now I have realized that i don't know when plants should be cropped. When are they finished???

Gee it another week before i cut them down and dry them.

Hitler
------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Jesus

Jethrow

***Edit***
Answered my own question by trolling google. Here is a basic guide on looking at the "trichromes" or what ever. Wish I had known this earlier as im at second stage where they are all grey milky mushrooms. So will start to flush them the now and wait for some amber ones to show their face. Just learned that flushing removes all the chemicals in the plant that are not meant to be smoked.

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
yah its good that u learned this. if it were me I would keep them under the 12-12 light cycle foe another 2 weeks cuz I still see a lot of white hairs and the buds look like they could keep growing bigger. thats my opinion.

but they do still look good.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I agree let them go another 2 or 3 or 4 weeks. good luck

Right I hear you 1cheesebuds and Don Dump, will leave it a while longer and see whats what.

yah its good that u learned this. if it were me I would keep them under the 12-12 light cycle foe another 2 weeks cuz I still see a lot of white hairs and the buds look like they could keep growing bigger. thats my opinion.

but they do still look good.

Im blasting these with 24/0, they are autos so I thought I should. Is it better to 12/12 them in flower or blasting them? Couldn't do anything about it then as a power cut a month ago kicked Hitler and Baby Jesus into flower mode and left Jethrow behind. But now J is clearly in flower mode so I might cut the light cycle down.

As for the white hairs, Today when i went down for a gander with my microscope and eyes I saw one or two orangy hairs and my first ever amber trichrome. Whenever I see more of these two your saying the plant should be approaching cropping stage? :p

Also being red/green colour blind sucks when your looking for orange and amber on a green plant. Its a sick game full of false hope and self doubting.