What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Results: Grams per Watt

Koondense

Veteran
I have a preliminary update on my first grow GPW.

Thing is my lights are DIY cree cobs with max power 300W.
But for some reason I was using only 225W(one driver was dimmed to 700mA), silly me.

Well, I harvested two out of three plants(Cognition is still going) and the yield was exactly 225g, hard to believe but it's true.

So far:

Light Watts - 225W*
Yield from 2 out of 3 plants - 225g
_____
Provisional ratio - 1 g/W*, expecting around 1,3-1,4 g/W

Not bad for a first grow:)

*Rethinking: I could take it was 75W per plant, so 150W total for the two plants. This means the final GPW for this pair of plants was 1,5 g/W. Even better:)

Last edited:
M

mugenbao

Those DIY Cree COB lights are nice, eh? Congrats on the harvest results, man :D

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah they're really good lights, I wish everyone with small tents would build their own.

Thanks, got another totally different plant to harvest soon:)

Well

Interesting to see all of your results with LED, I'm an old hps grower that switched to LED, waiting for my unit to arrive with the mail. Its a 150W UFO unit and hopefully i can pull around 1g/w from it.
Growing a WW x BB (white widow x Big bud) in a DR60 tent (60 cm2).

Happy growing everybody

Interesting to see all of your results with LED, I'm an old hps grower that switched to LED, waiting for my unit to arrive with the mail. Its a 150W UFO unit and hopefully i can pull around 1g/w from it.
Growing a WW x BB (white widow x Big bud) in a DR60 tent (60 cm2).

Happy growing everybody

Which LED company did you get that UFO from?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
a UFO LED with red and blue diodes is a different thing than what Koondense is using; what he's using is by far more advanced technology.

C

CannaBuilding

Grew out a 5th element seed from elemental seeds, never got to weigh her, but with my current consumption, i guess she was 100 - 120grams, i could of fit 4 of that same plant in a 1m X 1m space with 300watts COBS 3000k 4000k and 5000k Mixture.

Close up of buds
picture.php

picture.php

And who said that LEDS cant yield frosty nugs.

Happy growing.

C

CannaBuilding

thanks mate, much appreciated, forgot to mention, purposely hermied this plant and she produce some really nice bud even though she was seeded throughout.

DIY LED cobs built from Cree or bridgelux cobs is the only way to go, but dont throw away your old LED panel as it helps as nice supplementation lighting with the red/blue spectrum in the colder months when the COBS heat output is very low, thats what i did with the above plant (300watt red/blue panel in the winter months to keep the temps at about 75f)

LEDs are a thing of the future especially COBS, with 300 watts of Good quality cobs, its like growing under a 600watt HPS (i'd say even close to 1000watts if your using High quality glass lenses).

Peace to all, happy growing.

Rgd

Veteran
thanks mate, much appreciated, forgot to mention, purposely hermied this plant and she produce some really nice bud even though she was seeded throughout.

DIY LED cobs built from Cree or bridgelux cobs is the only way to go, but dont throw away your old LED panel as it helps as nice supplementation lighting with the red/blue spectrum in the colder months when the COBS heat output is very low, thats what i did with the above plant (300watt red/blue panel in the winter months to keep the temps at about 75f)

LEDs are a thing of the future especially COBS, with 300 watts of Good quality cobs, its like growing under a 600watt HPS (i'd say even close to 1000watts if your using High quality glass lenses).

Peace to all, happy growing.

do not count out Citizen cobs..

C

cannaisok

hey, very nice grows and the gps is sweeet!
how tall are your plants by the end of the grow Koon? I am running 6 cxb 3590 and I would love to know how tall i can make them. I always LST abd supercrop my ladies and i can fit 4-6plants under 2x4ft space.
tryin to pull max from 1050mA cxb3590 on biggest possible space with high yield and quality. a am harvesting in two cycles, first chop 50-70% of plant and let rest mature for 7-10days.
having different impact on different strains. ogkush is ready by day 60 and wont swell much at all. but gsc copped at day 63 and let for another 12days will swell a LOT and you can easy pull extra 10-15gramms per plant..
please help me maximize my growspace friends! 4x4 tent 6cxb3590(single coolers) 1050mA max.
thanks for ideas! and sry for inperfect english

Koondense

Veteran
hey, very nice grows and the gps is sweeet!
how tall are your plants by the end of the grow Koon? I am running 6 cxb 3590 and I would love to know how tall i can make them. I always LST abd supercrop my ladies and i can fit 4-6plants under 2x4ft space.
tryin to pull max from 1050mA cxb3590 on biggest possible space with high yield and quality. a am harvesting in two cycles, first chop 50-70% of plant and let rest mature for 7-10days.
having different impact on different strains. ogkush is ready by day 60 and wont swell much at all. but gsc copped at day 63 and let for another 12days will swell a LOT and you can easy pull extra 10-15gramms per plant..
please help me maximize my growspace friends! 4x4 tent 6cxb3590(single coolers) 1050mA max.
thanks for ideas! and sry for inperfect english

So your area is 2x4 or 4x4?
For 2x4 the 6 cobs@1050 is decent but not enough for 4x4. For 4x4 you need 9 cobs@1050-1400mA.

My plants were tall around 70-90 cm, lst-ed, topped and pruned for the "many colas" grow style.
The one which grew untopped(mostly untouched except low branches pruning) reached 1,35m above soil so the top was not illuminated at all. For another round I had 4wks veg and they got to around 1m but I didn't like the growth, they need lst for such small space(in my opinion).

rmkking

Finished first run. Eleven 9.5 watt store bought LED, two 24W T5, yielded 156 gram dry. Crop King jack herer auto x2. Grow space was a custom 27"x14 closest. Was very happy with results. Jakes fertilizers, molasses. Soil less.

Jeeyah

Multiple setups

Multiple setups

Hey Jeeyah nice increase with the cobs. What's your cob set up & what amps were you running them at?

I have a 4.5' x 9.5' tent with 1100 watts. That has 16 CXB3070 @1400mA and 4 CXB3590 72 volt at 1050 mA.
(3 pizzas every time consistent)

Converted a room. Used to be 2 1000 watt adjust a wings with a vert 600 in between.

Now it's 30 CXB3590 at 2.1amps. I usually have to dim a little bit. It's right around 2000 watts slightly dimmed (2250 cranked). Got 6.5 pizzas off 5 plants my first try. Aimed for 7 off 6 this last run with higher yielding strains. (Sour Diesel) I'm just waiting for the medicine to really dry up to get the final weight.

Edit: I guess you figure the yield is higher with dimming 2912/2000 is 1.5 grams a watt. Hopefully it's even higher this last round.

Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
3655 watts on top. 1200 CMH and 2455 LED.
1500 watts surround. 5 x 300w LED.
270 watts surround. 5 x 54w 10% UVB T5.
250 watts surround. 5 x 50w Far Red LED.

Total total is 5675 watts. Monthly yield is 850 grams. Average plant remains in bud room two months. Seven plants in perpetual harvest mode for one harvest every nine days.

Veg is three stages with different wattage's each stage. 560 watts clone (five plants), 1500 watts veg (three plants), 1000 watts prep (one plant). Runts are culled in second stage.

Veg and bud are split fairly even at two months but the three stages of veg time vary proportional to early growth.

Grams per watt figured on what?

When growing poppies it was 6 KWH per mg yield, which nails it down.
This 'grams per watt' has always confused me as it does not figure in the time factor anywhere at all.

My best guess is under a half gram per watt, but I have no idea about the correct way to figure a repeatable number.
Am I close?

Latest posts

Latest posts