What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese...

Limeygreen

Veteran
Don't they usually select from the best plants they feel are good? I had read in India, some farmers will move males and females to a separate field, their best plants then harvest seeds, deciding which ones to sow based on how the females smoked. I am sure some farmers in Lebanon have a system but the war and government actions have taken a toll on the country.

burningfire

Veteran
I think that's really dependent on the size of the fields. I think the farmers in India don't cultivate fields as large and don't harvest the same way as well.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Analysis report of Lebanese hash

image.jpg

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks kind of hempy to me.. might be hybridized with hemp.

Have you ever observed the shape of crystals on hemp buds? They tend to lack stalks, they're either just the beads without the stalk or they look like drops of liquidy resin dripping out

Trichomes on hemp look exactly like Trichomes from Drug cannabis.
Both plant types produce all 7 types of trichomes.
Most plants produce cystolithic hairs, a type of trichome.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't they usually select from the best plants they feel are good? I had read in India, some farmers will move males and females to a separate field, their best plants then harvest seeds, deciding which ones to sow based on how the females smoked. I am sure some farmers in Lebanon have a system but the war and government actions have taken a toll on the country.

Was that from R.C.C.s book, HASHISH?
I don't recall exactly but I thought they selected specific plants from their open pollinated fields to save seed from.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I had read it somewhere on the internet, so it has to be true.

I wish I could remember, it could have been from the fellow at real seed company discussing urkhal or Manipuri or something different but I haven't been able to find it so I was hoping someone would pipe up to either say if it does or doesn't happen, I am sure it does happen but more so on a meaningful scale.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I was able to snag some seeds from Luis at Ace this summer. I think they will be offering them later this fall. Very interested in testing this legendary strain this winter.

ngakpa

Veteran
Well, what kind of hashplant is that, with low THC? To me, low THC = hemp, as in "not selected for THC content"

oh dear lol

it's literally every hashplant because hashplants aren't selected for THC content, they are selected for resin

try growing some authentic hashplants (that's authentic in the sense of authentic, not something that's been in the West for decades) and find out for yourself

like all authentic hash cultivars, Lebanese will show three chemotypes:

high CBD, low THC

equal CBD and THC

and high THC, low CBD

cannabinoid tests of this RSC Lebanese has shown plants with up to low teens THC levels with low CBD levels

and other plants wit high CBD levels and relatively low THC

as an example of a good approx 1:2 THC:CBD plant

an RSC Lebanese grown in Europe produced charas that was 13.75% THC and 19.55% CBD

this was a really nice plant with great structure and yield

ngakpa

Veteran

the only places where selection for potency occurs are ganja producing regions - e.g. Thailand, Manipur

there is a seed industry in Af-Pak too, and some selection is done

but in general, it is all open pollination, especially in hash regions such as Lebanon

ngakpa

Veteran
I think that's really dependent on the size of the fields. I think the farmers in India don't cultivate fields as large and don't harvest the same way as well.

it's nothing to do with the size of fields

and huge fields are grown in parts of India (I have photos if you doubt it)

Farmers of generations that have grown the same landrace for centuries know a high THC plant just by looking at it, they don't need to try it out.

And even if they needed to try it out, it wouldn't be a hassle: 1. finger hash 2. just smoke a sample from a few distinguished phenotypes.

What I do believe though is that the war and other factors like someone said may have disrupted the old cannabis farming tradition, knowledge having been lost, while nowadays farmers are no longer that experienced. Either that, or, if you say THC is notably low in some of those plants, they just might be mixed with hemp varieties.

burningfire

Veteran
Farmers of generations that have grown the same landrace for centuries know a high THC plant just by looking at it, they don't need to try it out.

And even if they needed to try it out, it wouldn't be a hassle: 1. finger hash 2. just smoke a sample from a few distinguished phenotypes.

What I do believe though is that the war and other factors like someone said may have disrupted the old cannabis farming tradition, knowledge having been lost, while nowadays farmers are no longer that experienced. Either that, or, if you say THC is notably low in some of those plants, they just might be mixed with hemp varieties.

No, you can't tell from looking at a plant, absolutely not. It's just not viable for the farmers to test out individual plants like that for fields that size. You need to learn the basics before trying to debate people on this forum.

burningfire

Veteran
it's nothing to do with the size of fields

and huge fields are grown in parts of India (I have photos if you doubt it)

I don't doubt it, it wasn't a comment on the size of fields in India but that some growers might have smaller catered plots rather than large fields.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This gave me a really really really good :laughing:

Here's a CBD test strategy.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288029

ngakpa

Veteran
the war and other factors like someone said may have disrupted the old cannabis farming tradition, knowledge having been lost, while nowadays farmers are no longer that experienced.

wars typically increase cannabis production

production in Bekaa has increased since the war in Syria

try going to Bekaa and telling them farmers they lack experience, see how that goes

there's no hemp production in Bekaa, so no hemp to cross with

as said, all authentic hashish/charas cultivars produce THC and CBD

meizzwang

Got the chance to sample another individual of the RSC lebanese. Interestingly, the plant sampled was one of the lower yielding, problematic hermi-prone plants, and terpene-wise, it didn't smell as amazing as some of the other individuals.

However, upon smoking some scissor hash, it has a beautiful sweet flavor with a hint of rose or something floral in nature, absolutely tasty!

Potency-wise, it was moderate and I definitely felt the effects, but again, if you have a high tolerance, you probably wouldn't feel anything (I abstained for several days before sampling). I surmise if you smoke the bud itself, you probably won't feel anything, these plants definitely need to be concentrated into hash or extracted.

The thing that stuck out with this individual was how the effects were cerebral dominant with a subtle, extremely comfortable, warm, bright body high, unlike the last sample I tried. Unlike the last clone, this felt more like a social type of high. This is easily my favorite effects so far out of the 3 lebanese "clones" sampled, and in my opinion, the quality of the high exceeds most dutch hybrids, which I find dull and boring. Visually, the bud structure looks the same on all of the plants so far. Here's the individual I just described:
37174513994_696fde237c_h.jpg

It doesn't appear very crystally either, and it was very difficult to get a rosin squeeze out of the buds, so I'll probably do a dry sieve:
37884629491_83261ebcc0_h.jpg

I have one last lebanese plant to sample, and it's almost there, probably less than a week to go. This one has a spicy aroma to it and a much bigger yield than all the others. To recap, all of my lebanese were grown crowded together and were started late to keep them on the smaller side:
37174512624_f385c985b9_h.jpg

Very leafy, which I like because that means more trim to make hash. I'll probably end up making hash out of the buds too, depends on potency:
37174510604_d9b3f64e76_h.jpg

Will do a smoke report once the good have been sampled.....

snuicide

I just checked how much it would cost to go to bakka area from my current location. arround 400,- € for flight and 10 days accomondation. So if my chefchaouen seeds turn out nice I will sell 80 packages of the f1's for 10 euro with 10 seeds each and will do this mission. Deal? :tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got the chance to sample another individual of the RSC lebanese. Interestingly, the plant sampled was one of the lower yielding, problematic hermi-prone plants, and terpene-wise, it didn't smell as amazing as some of the other individuals.

However, upon smoking some scissor hash, it has a beautiful sweet flavor with a hint of rose or something floral in nature, absolutely tasty!

Potency-wise, it was moderate and I definitely felt the effects, but again, if you have a high tolerance, you probably wouldn't feel anything (I abstained for several days before sampling). I surmise if you smoke the bud itself, you probably won't feel anything, these plants definitely need to be concentrated into hash or extracted.

The thing that stuck out with this individual was how the effects were cerebral dominant with a subtle, extremely comfortable, warm, bright body high, unlike the last sample I tried. Unlike the last clone, this felt more like a social type of high. This is easily my favorite effects so far out of the 3 lebanese "clones" sampled, and in my opinion, the quality of the high exceeds most dutch hybrids, which I find dull and boring. Visually, the bud structure looks the same on all of the plants so far. Here's the individual I just described:
View Image

It doesn't appear very crystally either, and it was very difficult to get a rosin squeeze out of the buds, so I'll probably do a dry sieve:
View Image

I have one last lebanese plant to sample, and it's almost there, probably less than a week to go. This one has a spicy aroma to it and a much bigger yield than all the others. To recap, all of my lebanese were grown crowded together and were started late to keep them on the smaller side:
View Image

Very leafy, which I like because that means more trim to make hash. I'll probably end up making hash out of the buds too, depends on potency:
View Image

Will do a smoke report once the good have been sampled.....

This, along w my mini Leb grow, makes me want to plant a small plot & make some traditional dry sift like they do in the Bekka Valley. A couple hundred plants would suffice, I think.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: