What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese...

therevverend

Veteran
Great description MJ. The bubble bags will work fine if you don't have screen. I always prefer sift if given the choice.
Screen is easier to find then you might think. Any large city has several places you can find it. Silk screen supply places are a good place to look.
I prefer stainless steel screen. I find it at metal works and fabrication places. 180 microns or around 100 threads per square inch.
Of course with the internet now I'm sure something would pop up on ebay or whatever quickly.

meizzwang

Here's a little RSC lebanese preservation/pheno hunt run. I think this batch is 3 generations away from their region of origin and open pollinated to capture genetic diversity. Can't wait to see the variation in these:
35602316313_10206d9303_c.jpg

thejact55

Beautiful plants. Lol the picture can be deceiving. They are in seperate pots right?
I started with seeds after the first reproduction by rsc, and made my own seeds from that batch initially, but i have yet to dig into my stash. I found them fairly uniform and stable relatively. After 3 generations, how uniform have you seen this strain?

Stash

Not much call for Lebanese these days. A few years back I made a seed run with some very old landrace Lebanese Hashplant seeds. I bred all the males with all the females and still have maybe 4 hundred F1's ? in my stash box. It's good to see that someone is working Lebanese strains.Later, Stash

meizzwang

Beautiful plants. Lol the picture can be deceiving. They are in seperate pots right?
I started with seeds after the first reproduction by rsc, and made my own seeds from that batch initially, but i have yet to dig into my stash. I found them fairly uniform and stable relatively. After 3 generations, how uniform have you seen this strain?

Thank you! They're packed like sardines since their main purpose is reproduction. They're all planted in the ground, and the amended soil goes down very deep so once they're established, they can be infrequently deep watered.

There's one individual showing red pigments in the new growth, so I have my eyes on it. Will keep you updated as things progress.

meizzwang

Sad story: I noticed every day for a while that leaves and some growth points were being munched. I thought it was a rat or mouse, so a trap was set up to catch the little bugger.

Next day, turns out it was a juvenile Opossum! Edit: picture removed, it's too graphic and not necessary. I still feel pretty bad about it, as I was expecting the culprit be some little pesky little mouse or rat.

Before the trap got the better of the oppossum, it fell into the burm and literally destroyed/mangled 3 plants during its struggle-these animals are strong! The sad part is that it aced out my only male plant! Several of the female plants that survived were so mangled, they were reduced to sticks, many of which had few growth points and no leaves. Only 4 plants remained in decent shape after all was said and done:
36718686215_3d714ea7d4_c.jpg

The remaining 4 plants are in decent condition. Overall, they appear very similar in structure, growth, and are super fast flowering. There's barely a detectable odor when you do a stem rub, but now some are producing resinous leaves. Terp-wise, there's one individual that has a mild, literally mouth-watering bubblegum smell to it! The smell is spot on with indiana bubblegum that was sampled back in the late 1990's, sourced in Amsterdam. Will give an update on the odor, the other plants didn't seem to have any bubblegum smell to them.

Notice the plants seem rather NLD on the leaves higher up the plant, yet their inflorescence structure reminds me of northern lights: nothing but bud! Makes me wonder if ruderalis is part of their complex origins:
36980726716_7e49f963e3_c.jpg

The shorter plant to the front, left is the bubblegum dominant pheno:
36772596850_d30b537abc_c.jpg

Last edited:

meizzwang

update: harvested the earliest plant, 3 others still need a week or two before they're done. Gophers have been eating away at roots around the underground wire basket, so they're falling over a bit. Had to tie them up recently:
37365762140_e2398b0998_c.jpg

37365761320_2c75492e8b_c.jpg

Here's a smoke report:
Appearance: not the most impressive, but still interesting. It's a bit more crystally in person, but my lack of camera skills doesn't quite capture that:
37576031816_a01ec359f6_c.jpg

23771544458_c3f1c2ca04_c.jpg

Aroma: sweet, hint of skunk but barely. Hard to describe, but a very typical cannabis smell with a hit of something else distinct. Makes your nose hairs tingle, it's a pretty sharp odor when you break the crystals for a sniff, quite pleasant but surprisingly not super strong. Doesn't stink up the house for very long.

Taste: Delicious! Hard to describe other than sweet, but it was definitely pleasurable and tasted just like it smells! Incredibly smooth, zero cough even on large hits. Very "clean" tasting, although I only took "green rips" and vaped rosin cuz I'm sort of a prick like that. No brown rips, thank you very much!

Potency: didn't smoke for 2 weeks, and took several rosin hits on the first try. Although it hasn't been cured for very long, you'd expect a rosin squeeze to activate the goods (right?) To give perspective, I have a low tolerance in general and don't smoke very often. Couldn't detect anything even after 4 nice big rosin hits and several hits from the pipe. Same amount of rosin hits of a strong OG type will get me scared, LOL Either it needs longer curing or this particular clone has very low THC levels.

Fist impression: I'm not disappointed, as I'm more interested in the plants than the product. The diversity of smells from one Lebanese plant to another alone made this worth exploring! With landraces, you sign up for these sort of results, and it takes a lot of work and large numbers to find winners in the batch. However, I've never smoked freshly dried herb and not felt ANYTHING, so it's probably safe to say this is a very low THC individual. We'll see how the other 3 turn out, you never know. To be continued......

thejact55

Nice lookin lebs mezzi. The rsc lebanese gal i flowered outdoors last year had a fairly light high. Not sleepy or heavy. Wouldnt say it would fuck you up at all. Hopefully another has the potency...although im a light smoker also, so a mild high is my preference.
Keep up the good work.

neongreen

Veteran
Nice plants mezzi :)

I'm also having a hard time getting any high off the Leb27 I had going this year. I've tried 2 phenos so far, and both have been disappointing.

I only just got some RSC Leb beans, so hoping that thejact55's experience was an anomaly... if that doesn't work out my last hope is that Derg Corra comes through with the BlueHemp Leb!

:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
Nice reports, stuff looks frosty I wonder if it would test for CBD. Maybe not a lot of THC but what's there is being cancelled out by a similar amount of CBD? I've seen reports of Lebanese varieties being 1-1 THC-CBD but nothing recent.
If I ever try it it'll be nice to save for when my tolerance is low. When you feel like casually smoking a whole joint but know it'll wreck you.

thejact55

I mentioned more than once to my wife that i thought the leb seemed like a cbd strain. I wouldnt be suprised. I have been smoking alot of critical cure cbd last couple weeks and it has a semi similar high, lebanese seeming to have a touch more thc.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We do a Lebanese auto strain (Obelisk) with a Lebanese and Himalayan auto hybrid. Nice strain and yes, higher cbd, yet nice high.

troutman

Seed Whore
I mentioned more than once to my wife that i thought the leb seemed like a cbd strain. I wouldnt be suprised. I have been smoking alot of critical cure cbd last couple weeks and it has a semi similar high, lebanese seeming to have a touch more thc.

I'm not sure if any tests were done on RSC Lebanese.
But I always thought that is was close to a 50/50 ratio of THC/CBD.

I think with Landraces some plants are bound to be dominant for both extremes while
the majority will be somewhere in between those 2 extremes for that particular Landrace.

Regardless, the RSC Lebanese makes nice water hashish. :)

burningfire

Veteran
I remember seeing some tests on the rsc forums ( on another site ) with a few CBD dominant plants in the bunch, it was in the main lebanese thread

meizzwang

Okay, to recap, the first Lebanese individual I tried literally had zero effects after vaping 4 nice sized rosin hits. I recently tried a second individual of Lebanese from the RSC, and here's a smoke report. Keep in mind, there's a lot of diversity in this batch, so what is described below doesn't necessarily accurately describe all the possible effects, aromas, potency, etc. you can get from this strain:

Aroma:when the plant just started getting frosty, upon breaking some of the fresh resin glands, it smelled spot on like bubblegum. Upon full maturity, the same resin glands first have a citric odor followed by that sweet, sorta-bubblegum like odor, but it's not the same as when the plant was just starting to develop grease.

Flavor: WONDERFUL! The citric aroma translates beautifully into the flavor! I smoked some scissor hash that had as much leaf material removed as possible, and it was almost liquidy at room temperature, so it was hard to handle (much like rosin). Smoke was incredibly smooth. So far, from my very limited experience of sampling 2 different plants, I've been very content with the flavor of Lebanese.

Potency : After taking many vape hits of scissor hash, the potency is mild and didn't seem very long lived. However, it probably will be a bit stronger once it's fully cured. It's slightly stronger than many CBD strains, but not by much. In fact, if you don't like getting blazed out of your mind but enjoy sampling fine flavors, this would be a nice level of potency for you! Definitely some THC in there, but it's not very strong.

Effects: The body high is very dominant but you also get a light cerebral feeling going on, but not much. This is a good variety for winding down in the evening and relaxing, not the best for social settings in my opinion. While it wasn't extremely intoxicating, I didn't really like it because it really calmed me down and made me not want to do anything (disclaimer: I prefer sativas. I think indica lovers would really love the effects!). If you have a high tolerance, you probably won't feel anything whatsoever, so this effect is optimal if you have abstained for a while. You don't quite get fully stoned even after many tokes, but it definitely mellows you out.

Misc:when trimming the dried bud, crystals fall off very easily, moreso than many other strains. I think this variety has been selected for such characteristics as the Lebanese farmers mainly make hash out of these plants via dry sieving. Great potential to breed for kief production. With this plant, I didn't bother smoking buds, only hash due to the low potency. It'll be interesting to see how the rosin hits fair, bet they'll be even tastier!

Some pictures of the inflorescence to give you an idea of the appearance. It reminds me of northern lights structure-wise and is moderately crystally, but nothing like frosty the snowman. Also, while I can't confirm this, the actual cystals appear relatively small in comparison to other strains.

It's surprisingly not very dense, and was okay trim-wise (not super difficult like some pure sativas, but it did take some time to do a good job). Yield was moderate and overall, I think this one individual has good genetic potential worth further exploration:

37067527623_36fe5074b5_c.jpg

37738167961_0909708572_c.jpg

37067527023_c4ce4c40d3_c.jpg

Looks kind of hempy to me.. might be hybridized with hemp.

Have you ever observed the shape of crystals on hemp buds? They tend to lack stalks, they're either just the beads without the stalk or they look like drops of liquidy resin dripping out

burningfire

Veteran
There's nothing hempy from those plants.. I assume you mean hemp as in fiber/seed oil plants. they are hashplants and that's just how lebanese hashplants look, they don't select plants in the fields they just grow them, dry sieve them and press the hash. you have to dig deep to find THC dominant plants

burningfire

Veteran
spend a few minutes looking at fields in Lebanon and tell me that the farmers can spend the time smoking hash from every plant to select individual plants with the highest THC. they just round up all the plants, let them dry in shacks and then hit them over a sieve and then press the hash. this is the way they do it in Afghanistan and other hash producing countries. that's why traditional hash has a fair amount of CBD.

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^^ Yeah, farmers out there don't test for THC.

They grow fields of plants and pool everything together when they make hashish.

Latest posts

Latest posts