What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

kp^

Lazyman, Impressive setup!:good: It's nice to see you have humor when some folks have no respect..

I'm with ya, build it right the first time.. Thanks for all your tips, and general knowledge that you're sharing! A :joint: for you sir!

I have a few questions if you dont mind.... :)

I see lots of FFOF, and that yer mums are in FFOF too.. Add anything to the mix for your mums? I normally use FFOF for veg and then into flower, but never had a chance to keep a mum, or multiple mums for that matter.

I've been lookin at your latest pics, and see one thing that I might change, or suggest. You prolly have a great reason already, but I will inquire... I apologize if you've already answered this... I could not find..

I'm curious if you've thought about putting up polly between those 4x4's so you have a slightly more closed environment.... Basically I'm pondering that your light reflectivity could be increased if you had polly walls that the light could reflect off it and then onto you're plants efficiently. You'd prolly have to change up yer lighting schedule tho... Just a thought. :) :joint:

I wish you with all the best with current and future crops!

I'll def be following!!:good:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Lazyman, Impressive setup!:good: It's nice to see you have humor when some folks have no respect..

I'm with ya, build it right the first time.. Thanks for all your tips, and general knowledge that you're sharing! A :joint: for you sir!

I have a few questions if you dont mind.... :)

I see lots of FFOF, and that yer mums are in FFOF too.. Add anything to the mix for your mums? I normally use FFOF for veg and then into flower, but never had a chance to keep a mum, or multiple mums for that matter.

I've been lookin at your latest pics, and see one thing that I might change, or suggest. You prolly have a great reason already, but I will inquire... I apologize if you've already answered this... I could not find..

I'm curious if you've thought about putting up polly between those 4x4's so you have a slightly more closed environment.... Basically I'm pondering that your light reflectivity could be increased if you had polly walls that the light could reflect off it and then onto you're plants efficiently. You'd prolly have to change up yer lighting schedule tho... Just a thought. :) :joint:

I wish you with all the best with current and future crops!

I'll def be following!!:good:

Thanks very much! I really appreciate it!

Nope nothing mixed in with the FFOF, I used to use extra perlite but all it did was make me water more often. With the Blumats each plant basically waters itself, so I don't see any gains to be had by amending the soil further. I water with plain water the first 2-3 weeks, then start adding stuff to the res. Top dressing soil pots would be a lot of work, why bother when I can add 1-3 things to a reservoir and be done? ;)

So the room/wall thing, it's a fair question. Because I'm not doing a flip flop, and the room relies heavily on side lighting it would probably do more harm than good to subdivide flowering. Reflected light as you know is very very dim, and overall has little effect unless the plants are literally jammed against it. With the light set up the way I have it, every "off" bulb is surrounded by 3-4 "on" lights, so to take that away would probably not be helpful. ;)

Also, I'm Lazy! No pruning, no bending, topping, training etc. Soil outta the bag, simple nute regimen, etc. It all looks complicated but it's more the coordination of the various systems to get the results.

Maybe pix are workin today, let's see!

Flower room at 3 weeks:

All 16 ballasts are in:

Got drying room set up, 5 racks and a fan, easy peasey!

Veg room:

Happy 4/20 brothers and sisters! May your day be fun and happy, full of joy and love! Smoke on folks :)

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
glad to see those other 8 ballasts up :D looks great, happy 4/20 from me, a day late but probally still 4/20 for you guys.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Haha thanks guys, Happy 420! I just came from a party where they were doing House Hits, check this out:

One guy stands at each end of the house, opening the door into the prevailing winds, the guy at the other end opens the door a crack and inhales. Using a door for a carb and a house for a pipe, hahahaha!

There was much BHO being vaporized into Volcano bags and dozens of fat joints of Purple Mr Nice laying people flat on the ground! Good times, great ribs, good folks, and you couldn't see through any one room indoors.

Colder than SHIT outside though!

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Yo Lazy!

Room is looking tight, maing :joint:

I agree with your above comment, why make it difficult ?

KISS :D

SSM :wave:

Beautiful basement, sooooo jealous! Drip clean is great, but I think the directions only call for .5 ml/gal and there may be some problems if given too much. Also, for the dog, if you ever have one get skunked again, "skunk off" works great! It also kills all kinds of other bad smells including when they let loose their anal glands - I had one that used to do that often when he got riled up and defensive. http://www.tscpets.com/16764.html?productid=16764&channelid=FROOG

OK I picked up 2 bottles of House and Gardens Drip Clean, running 1 ml per gallon on the Blumats. Might help with the overfeeding that's nearly run its course.

I foliar sprayed with Penetrator, Liquid Light, and some Snostorm Ultra tonight, all good stuff I've used in the past, and you can spray with the lights on, woot!

Picture time, Flower room first, we're at about 3 weeks now, pretty even growth from top to bottom! These are all Purple Mr Nice, same as my last crop/grow:

Aw crap, I can't open the link to Insert photos, time to go bug Skip!

Check my album to see the pics, they're bigger that way anyway....

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yo Lazy!

Room is looking tight, maing :joint:

I agree with your above comment, why make it difficult ?

KISS :D

SSM :wave:

Thanks SSM! I totally agree, I started out my first grow super complicated, but every one since then gets simpler. So far the bare bulbs and soil are the closest thing I've seen to growing outdoors! ;)

Beautiful basement, sooooo jealous! Drip clean is great, but I think the directions only call for .5 ml/gal and there may be some problems if given too much. Also, for the dog, if you ever have one get skunked again, "skunk off" works great! It also kills all kinds of other bad smells including when they let loose their anal glands - I had one that used to do that often when he got riled up and defensive. http://www.tscpets.com/16764.html?productid=16764&channelid=FROOG

At the moment I'm trying to correct a mild overfert too so I figured some extra wouldn't hurt em, but it will only be 4-5 days before the res has added back enough to compeltely change the tank.

Good tip on the Skunk thing, I'll have to try some of that, thanks!

Hey Lazy, can I use your drying room in a couple months? I don't think I'm going to have the space :D

Smiley

Anytime brother, but I dunno if you wanna lug around 10# of fresh wet buds do ya? lol Everyone for two miles behind you would know what you're moving!

You said it man, BHO volcano bags being passed all day and BBQin' in the sun.

Keep rockin'

Hehe for sure buddy, aside from the weather it was a perfect day!

kp^

Lazyman, Thanks for the reply! KISS is really the way togo.... :)

Sounds like you had a great 4/20!! :smoke out:

I think Im going to start using the blumat devices for my moms in FFOF as well... Love the idea,, and been reading into them more!

Yeah, the wall thing was just a random idea... You ladies look great anyways!! hah :joint:

Take it easy and happy growing!! :plant grow:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks KP! Yes I can't recommend the Blumats enough, it is so nice to never have to worry about the plants being watered, let alone under or over-watered. I poke my head in a couple times a week, check the meters, look for wilted plants or overflowed saucers, maybe rotate a few girls and add some ph down to a res or two.

'Course, that's all about to double. Ten days and I'm at full capacity, wooot! Just picked up my 8 light cords/hangers today, FINALLY. Wiring em up tonight and gonna try a full power test, 16 bare bulbs! That oughtta be interesting, bringing my shades for sure!

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Interesting is a bit of an understatement :D :D :D

Lookin crazy man, just crazy

I'm looking at doing the blumat thing. Figure for 10gal pot might need 2. PM me if you know a good place to order from.

How much higher does the water have to be than the top of the pot?

Cheers
Smiley