What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lazyman's 16KW Headbanger

Thaniel

The claw.. A bit too much N? I know I have a lot of my own issues, but this one I would like to say I'm done with.

G

grow nerd

GE Merlin RO filter seems to have finally broken in, the longer it runs the cleaner the output water gets. Goes from 578 in to 72 out, and dropping.
It's called a "TDS spike", is normal in any R/O system, and you can eliminate it with a $50-ish flush tank kit.

T

Teeg420

Hey lazy man love the new room. I'm going to the expo today, bummer not much for growers.

But I love stuff thats pot related and I am interested in the statewide insurance guys. Were cali connection selling seeds there?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
The claw.. A bit too much N? I know I have a lot of my own issues, but this one I would like to say I'm done with.

Yep clawed for sure, they were doin well at 750 PPM so i figured I'd try 900, they didn't like that one bit. I'm back to 300 and they're lightening up fast, spraying em with plain RO 2X a day helps too.

Hey GN, yeah I had heard that about the flush kits, I didn't think I'd need one but they're cheap enough to give em a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey lazy man love the new room. I'm going to the expo today, bummer not much for growers.

But I love stuff thats pot related and I am interested in the statewide insurance guys. Were cali connection selling seeds there?

Thanks Teeg, much appreciated! Yeah it was definitely fun, you'll enjoy yourself for sure.

Yep the insurance guy had a booth in North hall, as did a couple attorneys, most folks I talked to knew less than I did except two of the head attorneys, don't waste your time with paralegals either!

I didn't notice a cali connections booth but there were SO many. Sensi had a booth but they arent selling seeds, dammit! I saw 1-2 places selling clones and 3-4 selling weed. I got a couple hash candy bars and some cookies, no herb as I usually have plenty on hand. ;)

toohighmf

Veteran
lazy, really cool setup meng. I run staggered lighting and quantums, and I'm about to go water cooled. very cool basement!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
how long till your Blue drag, and mendo OG are ready man, they sound like some killer strains, cant wait to have look at them

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
are the sour grapes clones you have from blue sky or whatever that club is out there? sour grapes/grape stomper is one of my new favorite plants to run.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Looking good!

I think you will get really good yields by running the 2hr flip flops.

Thanks man, I hope the yields at least don't suck! Hoping I can get around 2GPW with this, though I think future runs will eclipse that.

lazy, really cool setup meng. I run staggered lighting and quantums, and I'm about to go water cooled. very cool basement!

Right on man, I'll be watching!

how long till your Blue drag, and mendo OG are ready man, they sound like some killer strains, cant wait to have look at them

They're 2" tall cuttings right now, so it's gonna be a while until there's much to see. I'm excited too though, I'm told the True Purple cut has been around for decades, one hippy family ran it for 15 years straight!

Lovin the setup!!

Gracias, me too! :)

are the sour grapes clones you have from blue sky or whatever that club is out there? sour grapes/grape stomper is one of my new favorite plants to run.

It's Keyplay's Purple Elephant X ChemD/Sour Diesel, I got them from another guy but he is the breeder. There's more to it but credit where credit is due.

Yeah, I was afraid that would come up. I would have gotten them by other means if possible but I ran across them and couldn't say no.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damnn man...24x40 for flower and 9x15 just for veg!! you a savage man...love those barebulbs with the chicken wire too...genius

hows the sour grapes treatin ya...im running some too. i heard OGKxGDP but im not exactly sure...purple elephant x sour D sounds about right...also got this from the breeders nephew not the clubs...maybe we know similar folks

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Actually I had to lop off 6' of the 40' as it was dirt floor, but I can use it later if I choose. So it works out to about 24X26 for flower since the veg room/airlock takes a cut too.

Sour grape/Grape Stomper is pretty good, got two fat moms and 60 cuts rooting now. She does seem to be susceptible to PM tho. It's Purple Elephant X ChemD/Sour D, all handpicked parents by Keyplay. ;)

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
It's Keyplay's Purple Elephant X ChemD/Sour Diesel, I got them from another guy but he is the breeder. There's more to it but credit where credit is due.

word. thats what i figured. never know what to call it. all depends on where you get it from. I got my from someone in the line before the club too, so I know it as the grape stomper. too much drama for a strain that most people have never heard of. I think it's a workhorse though. just had a friend blow out the first decent crop of her around here and pulled 22 oz. from 10 plants under 1kw, and it was one of his first solo crops. keyplay did a great job with this strain.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i saw a couple different types of Sour Grapes in san francisco....first wave was last year it was super vibrant pheno with this crazy purple color inside the nuds, with a very sweet smell. People called it "New Wave" or "Sour Grandpa" yall hear about that? it was a yellowish neon green color with loads of frost and crazy purple tint on some of the nugs. This one looked more Sour D dominant.

Then the second batch came out way different and dude said that was what he originally wanted...this one looked more like grand daddy purple, purple dense nugs with the stank was incredible, smelled like OG kush. Dont even get me started on the smoke...we deseeded like 3 Ps of it and were puffing that shit all day...very heavy stuff, this was definately more purple dominant and i swear they hit it with some OG pollen cus guy said he had a special OG male.

Post up pics of your finished samples so i can compare to what i saw...

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
man running that strain 15 years not bad, there are still some old folks in europe running strains for over 30 years i hear :O not sure what it is though.def gotta see these

that true purp sounds better and better everytime i read this thread, cant wait till it gets on its way and to see the outcome :D

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
OK I picked up 2 bottles of House and Gardens Drip Clean, running 1 ml per gallon on the Blumats. Might help with the overfeeding that's nearly run its course.

I foliar sprayed with Penetrator, Liquid Light, and some Snostorm Ultra tonight, all good stuff I've used in the past, and you can spray with the lights on, woot!

Picture time, Flower room first, we're at about 3 weeks now, pretty even growth from top to bottom! These are all Purple Mr Nice, same as my last crop/grow:

Aw crap, I can't open the link to Insert photos, time to go bug Skip!

Check my album to see the pics, they're bigger that way anyway....

2Lazy

Epic and ridiculous! I dig it. Some serious bank you put into it, but I'm sure you'll get what you pay for.

If I could offer any advice on the situation at all I'd say take that shop-vac with a brush adapter and hit your circulation fans. Some of the older ones are looking funky in the pictures. They could harbor some nasty shizzle after all.

My questions are how long you anticipate you'll have this space to grow in and what kind of upgrades you have planned for the future once you make the return on your investment?

Latest posts

Latest posts