What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laurence Cherniak's 37°C Hashish Cure

G`day Sam

A query re the Afghan vs Nepali hash .
I`m wondering if the difference was the mixing of numerous plants in together compared to the rubbed hash that would contain less diversity ? In that the hand rubbed is from one plant at a time ?

Or does the Nepali get blended too ?

One more question . Are male plants included in the Afghani mix ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

You have to work your way through quite a few plants when you do Charas (hand rubbed). Afghanistan produce dry sieved Hashish and Nepal hand rubbed Charas. The techniques are adapted to the geographic, Nepal is a very tropical country (read high level of humidity) and Afghanistan is the opposite (high valleys and arid mountains)

To give you an idea of the difference:
The feet of the Hymalayas
picture.php

View image in gallery

The Hindu Kush

EsterEssence

Veteran
Back in the 90's when I was living in Nepal hand rubbed was not that common, most was sieved, the old time charas makers could only do 30-40 grams a day where the village could sift out kg's a day. Simple economics.

mack 10

Veteran
@ Sam, you mention steam pressed and water pressed afghan,
I have heard the term water pressed before but don't really understand how?
Maybe warm water in a bottle, like a warm rolling pin? or actually pressed using water?
Can you explain both the techniques?

Back in the 90's when I was living in Nepal hand rubbed was not that common, most was sieved, the old time charas makers could only do 30-40 grams a day where the village could sift out kg's a day. Simple economics.

In the late 70's and the 80's sieved hashish was not done (to my knowledge and personal experience) , it is not adapted to the climate, electricity and such modernization are changing the game.
I wonder how good the new sieved Hash is and if it would hold to a Royal Nepalese Temple Ball.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Frenchie

Thanks for the perspective .
Do the fields in the arid regions get irrigated late in the grow season ?

Yes cool and dry conditions suits sift much better . Was it you Sam, who talked about making sift in a cold room ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

EsterEssence

Veteran
In the late 70's and the 80's sieved hashish was not done (to my knowledge and personal experience) , it is not adapted to the climate, electricity and such modernization are changing the game.
I wonder how good the new sieved Hash is and if it would hold to a Royal Nepalese Temple Ball.

Well you are talking two different things, the true cream charas, is hand rubbed from the plant, however compared to the 99.9% dry sift I made, which was much more preferred by the old timer westerners hanging out there.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran

Never saw Nepali hash that was sifted until westerners did it in the 90's.
I visited and lived in Nepal in the very early 70's when Ganja and Hashish was legal, never saw sifted hash, it was all hand rubbed. Some quite good, but not for sale in shops.
-SamS

Well you are talking two different things, the true cream charas, is hand rubbed from the plant, however compared to the 99.9% dry sift I made, which was much more preferred by the old timer westerners hanging out there.
Thank you for pointing out what is cream Charas and for letting me know how good your 99.9% is!
But I am still wondering how Royal Nepalese Temple Ball would compare with the sieved hash that is made today.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
@ Sam, you mention steam pressed and water pressed afghan,
I have heard the term water pressed before but don't really understand how?
Maybe warm water in a bottle, like a warm rolling pin? or actually pressed using water?
Can you explain both the techniques?

Hot water was dribbled or sprayed on to the pollen to be pressed, called water or steam pressed, heated on coals for a just few seconds, the hash was then pressed , via bats or with a press.
Water pressed could be identified by its high quality, not as good as hand pressed, and it often had a thin white layer of moldy resin on the outside of the hash, people in the west used to say it was opium, it was not. It did make it lots faster to press then without the moisture. Resin is better off without any extra added moisture.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran

They also add hash oil to sieved to make hash that is extra potent.
Sieved can be pretty good if the maker has the plants manicured before sieving, and then sieves a second time with a smaller hole size to get rid of any crap that is too small to be resin heads. It will melt and almost bubble when smoked.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
G`day Frenchie

Thanks for the perspective .
Do the fields in the arid regions get irrigated late in the grow season ?

Yes cool and dry conditions suits sift much better . Was it you Sam, who talked about making sift in a cold room ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

If you want to sift in Nepal you just wait until the winter cold months, no problem. If snow on the ground it is easy. Or use a walk in freezer like I did in Europe year round.
-SamS

They also add hash oil to sieved to make hash that is extra potent.
Sieved can be pretty good if the maker has the plants manicured before sieving, and then sieves a second time with a smaller hole size to get rid of any crap that is too small to be resin heads. It will melt and almost bubble when smoked.
-SamS

Are you talking like.. currently or back then? You certainly do not need to re-sift to make full melt lol..

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Txopín-Iruña`s . Chitral Hash .

dscn7117.jpg

dscn7012.jpg

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1955306&postcount=2

Hash harvest goes to pot in northern Pakistan
Date
April 22, 2013

Michele Langevine Leiby

Spring in Pakistan's capital brings explosions of pink bougainvillea and the subtle scent of roses. There's another unmistakable aroma wafting in the air, too, thanks to the abundance of a widespread flora: marijuana.

The weed grows wild throughout Islamabad. Here, the uncultivated plant is of little interest to the city's residents, but cannabis is an important cash crop in the north-western regions of Pakistan, the centre of hashish production.

Today, though, pot-farmers and hashish makers are facing hard times. The Pakistani Taliban and allied extremists have largely taken control of the hashish-rich Tirah Valley in the Khyber tribal agency. In a recent armed clash, militants attacked a pro-government tribal militia and occupied the valley.

The Pakistani army has launched an offensive against the insurgents in a struggle that has claimed scores of lives on both sides. The conflict has also spurred a migration of nearly 50,000 people, who are pouring into the nearest big city, Peshawar.

During the 1960s and '70s, Peshawar was a far more mellow place. It was an obligatory stop along what was called the ''hippie trail'', which drew American, European and other Western wanderers to Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and Nepal in search of groovy times.

''Numerous low-budget hotels and a thriving tourist industry sprang up [in Peshawar, Lahore and Karachi] to accommodate these travellers,'' wrote Dawn newspaper blogger Nadeem Paracha.

The hash markets in and around Peshawar still thrive. But today the stock of hashish is in the control of the occupants of the valley, the militant groups Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Islam.

Hashish is prohibited by law in Pakistan, but in Khyber and other tribal areas, the law is lightly enforced, if at all. Elsewhere in Pakistan, its use is widely tolerated.

''Marijuana and its product hashish is the main source of income of our people,'' said Zaman Afridi, 34, a refugee in the UN-run Jalozai camp not far from Peshawar. ''We missed the marijuana growing season in March and only 5 to 6 per cent of people might have cultivated the crop.

''Due to the militancy, the prices of hashish in the drug market have gone up manifolds.''

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Trip to Peshawar Pakistan for Hashish
hey guys...was in Pakistan the past couple of months on vacation and thought you'd like to see some actual pics of 100% afghani hashish...they are afterall our neighbors, and when we have certain areas in Pakistan that are lawless...well you get what I'm saying

I'll summarize how it went down. I was in Islamabad for vacations and decided to stop by the tribal areas in peshwar where they are known to have the best hashish and sell it openly (ala, amsterdam). Patans occupy the tribal areas so if you're not one of them you're basically SOL. Unfortunatly, I'm not a Patan so I was SOL but decided to fuck it and go there anyways...what would they do? Kill me...nah.
So I made my 2.5 hour trek from Islamabad to the outter skirts of Peshwar (approx 250km ONE WAY) and was finally there. You should have seen the checkpoints that I was going to encounter on the way back...at least 10 and thats just before the highway!
By now my hearts racing at 200mph and I feel like I'm going to get a panic attack BEFORE even reaching the actual market which was right around the corner. I finally make it and am surprised by the AMAZING smell...it's everywhere! Finally I clam myself down adn head inside a little shop (chose it randomly) and say hello to the shopkeeper and his bitches . There are bottles of whiskey, vodka, beer, etc. THIS IS IS PAKISTAN WHICH IS A ISLAMLIC COUNTRY AND WHERE ALCHOHOL IS ILLEGAL AND SUBJECTED TO A CRAZY ASS SENTANCE AND FINE!...

Hah...tribal areas kick ass I say to myself. By now I've asked the guy for the hashish and soon he brings it. Smells fuckin wonderful.
Price breakdown.
Best Hash = 12gs for 150RS (2.50$)
Decent Hash = 12gs for 120RS (2.00$)
Okay Hash = 12gs for 100RS (1.75$)

I choose the best hash and it truly is amazing. I start mixing, obviously trembling as they all feast their eyes on what I'm doing. I finish, they all ohh and ahhh...(never seen a joint rollled that way before) and proceed to smoke. Cough on the 1st 5 hits...quite embarrassing if you must know. Pass it around until it's finished and I'm FUCKED...1 joint = blazed eyes...sweatin my ass off...and finally head back home.

Check points encountered = 13
Stopped = 0
Near Heart Attacks = 13

Would I do it again? HELL NO but it was def worth it this time. I love IT!

here are the pics...I have plenty more but thought I'd show pics that would leave an impression

This stuff cost me $11 (600 rs in pakistan terms) and is very potent. THis coming from a toker who's been smokin weed/hash for almost 4 yrs now...so yeah very potent!

The total is about 42-45gs of hashish!

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/thehashman420/

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Are you talking like.. currently or back then? You certainly do not need to re-sift to make full melt lol..

This from people making many kilos a day, you think that is with the way you do it???
BTW, I remember in one of your posts about your soft method, I asked about using buds, and you said you really did not like it or do it.
Well here is a way I tried years ago, The Baba Rob Hash Sifter, designed by RCC, it works great, but we decided it was not right to do, so we never did it on a commercial scale. We used a long clear rigid 1/4 inch thick plastic tube, like a long wide pipe maybe 10-15 feet long about 2 foot wide across. We cut the tube in half length wise, put flat clear plastic on the ends with holes for the screen support and drive, hinged it so the tube could be opened and closed, and put several laser drilled, so they had round holes, long tube thin metal sheet STORK screens maybe 12-18 inches wide and 6 feet long each. We had several, one after the other. They were controlled by an adjustable motor drive (outside the plastic tube on the end) that slowly turned the screens so as not to make any shake just remove about 1 gram of resin per KG of buds as it passed down the screens. The plastic pipe was hinged and when used closed. The whole apparatus was on a tilt so you could feed it with a bulk hopper and then after the whole process bag it as the bud pours out the end of the whole tube. The resin is collected in the bottom of the plastic tube, just stop the motor, open the hinged plastic tube and remove the lift out screens and use a squeegee to collect the resin on the inside of the plastic tube. The resin would melt and bubble easy....
I bet if I would of used shake instead of buds it would have done what you DSW do to make your full bubble melt? It is very gentle, it does not break up the leaves at all.
We also used to have all manicuring done on top of a big screens and get dry sift that was 75% resin heads, would melt and bubble most times even before I cleaned it up. I have been doing this from the late 70's but just smoked it as it was back then, until I discovered how to clean it up, first with a small screen to get rid of debris to small to be good resin, and then later in W Africa I made my real discovery.

I know that afghans, lebanese, and other dry sifters used small screens, sometimes not often, to make the best they could by making a bag out of the smaller screen hole size material and placing a few hundred grams of the ruff sifted farmers hash resin (needs to be resin that is powder, not any press or lumps at all) in it and slowly shaking it to make as much of the, to small to be good resin, fall out on the floor. The good cleaner resin was still inside the screen bag. You need to do this in cool dry weather or the resin will lump up. This is how the best Cherack (cream) was made in Afghanistan, you could press it with just a twist between two fingers. Very rare in the 70's.
-SamS

Last edited:

EsterEssence

Veteran
Never saw Nepali hash that was sifted until westerners did it in the 90's.
I visited and lived in Nepal in the very early 70's when Ganja and Hashish was legal, never saw sifted hash, it was all hand rubbed. Some quite good, but not for sale in shops.
-SamS

I did not make it to Nepal until the 90's after the westerners started sifting or showing the villagers how to do it, when there was a lot of oil being made. I was really the only one cleaning up the kief to make good dry sift...

This from people making many kilos a day, you think that is with the way you do it???
BTW, I remember in one of your posts about your soft method, I asked about using buds, and you said you really did not like it or do it.
Well here is a way I tried years ago, The Baba Rob Hash Sifter, designed by RCC, it works great, but we decided it was not right to do, so we never did it on a commercial scale. We used a long clear rigid 1/4 inch thick plastic tube, like a long wide pipe maybe 10-15 feet long about 2 foot wide across. We cut the tube in half length wise, put flat clear plastic on the ends with holes for the screen support and drive, hinged it so the tube could be opened and closed, and put several laser drilled, so they had round holes, long tube thin metal sheet STORK screens maybe 12-18 inches wide and 6 feet long each. We had several, one after the other. They were controlled by an adjustable motor drive (outside the plastic tube on the end) that slowly turned the screens so as not to make any shake just remove about 1 gram of resin per KG of buds as it passed down the screens. The plastic pipe was hinged and when used closed. The whole apparatus was on a tilt so you could feed it with a bulk hopper and then after the whole process bag it as the bud pours out the end of the whole tube. The resin is collected in the bottom of the plastic tube, just stop the motor, open the hinged plastic tube and remove the lift out screens and use a squeegee to collect the resin on the inside of the plastic tube. The resin would melt and bubble easy....
I bet if I would of used shake instead of buds it would have done what you DSW do to make your full bubble melt? It is very gentle, it does not break up the leaves at all.
We also used to have all manicuring done on top of a big screens and get dry sift that was 75% resin heads, would melt and bubble most times even before I cleaned it up. I have been doing this from the late 70's but just smoked it as it was back then, until I discovered how to clean it up, first with a small screen to get rid of debris to small to be good resin, and then later in W Africa I made my real discovery.

I know that afghans, lebanese, and other dry sifters used small screens, sometimes not often, to make the best they could by making a bag out of the smaller screen hole size material and placing a few hundred grams of the ruff sifted farmers hash resin (needs to be resin that is powder, not any press or lumps at all) in it and slowly shaking it to make as much of the, to small to be good resin, fall out on the floor. The good cleaner resin was still inside the screen bag. You need to do this in cool dry weather or the resin will lump up. This is how the best Cherack (cream) was made in Afghanistan, you could press it with just a twist between two fingers. Very rare in the 70's.
-SamS

It's def. a different process.. I did say I did not/do not like doing whole nugs, but it *can* be done.. I typically take them and strip them off the stems and break them down into nickel-quarter sized bits.. then stick them in paper bags and either stick them next to a dehumidifier or outside in the shade in a breezy area for a day or two..

By the end of those couple days + whatever drying has already been done, they are at the point where they literally 'poof' if you twist them and fall apart.. which is of course where we want them to be.. most don't dry them that far and it's one of the main things I try to impress upon people.. if it's still 'sticky' or moist even in the least bit, they will gum up your screens and won't work as well.. I liken it to making ice wax w/o the ice.. the heads will not be as brittle and they will not separate as easily/cleanly.

I like what you did with the tube.. I had some metal laser holed' stuff from china I ordered a couple years ago and tried it out with a vibrating table.. I got decent results but still not as clean as what I can just do with my method.

The trim aspect of it is def. what I prefer to do, and obv. some don't like to spend their hours trimming, but most do it anyways since they are 'offing' their weight if you will.. so it made sense to come up with a way to process that extra stuff into very high quality sift in a quick manner..

Obv. doing buds requires lots of time breaking them down and such, so naw, not a fan, but I still end up having to do it from time to time because that's what people bring to me.

BagAppeal

DrySiftWizrd

Really good thread with lots of good info!

Have you tried cleaning the resin collected in a tumbler before?
I am thinking maybe I could tumble a kg, to get most of the resin of in a freezer, and was hoping I could clean this up with you screens to be more effective, instead of using trim which seem very time consuming for larger quantities.
Any idea?

All the best
BagAppeal

Latest posts

Latest posts