What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laughing cannabis?

Veritas629

I've been on a similar journey as Chi, Australian also. Trying to find the "laughing weed", because life is better when when your ribs hurt from laughing! I've only had one strain make be feel like that and it made everyone giggle like crazy at anything. We called it Giggle Weed and I grew it from some Mephisto Sour Stomper (auto-fem) in 2019. My only auto grow and the only laughing weed I've grown. I have no idea if it was the auto genetics or the non-auto genetics that did the trick, but it was true fun starter! I've been keeping an eye out for the parental genetics in hopes that I can make some photoperiod Giggle Weed...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The right c99 plant will do it
Exactly this. I did a C99 grow out and one pheno, for me #137, was just flat out giggle bush.

My buddies and I went out for some golf. Roasted some joints of the 137 and by God we damn near pissed ourselves laughing. Laughing over nothing, just everything was the funniest thing in the world.

Everytime I smoked that plant, even alone, I was a laughing goon lol

Seeds from that phenotype are germinating now. What a special strain.

Like anything else, you have to grow as many as possible out to find what you are looking for. With the Cindy it's in there and not uncommon so a great place to start.

Works so well I just got done laughing about that day as I recalled it typing this.

Cuddles

Exactly this. I did a C99 grow out and one pheno, for me #137, was just flat out giggle bush.

My buddies and I went out for some golf. Roasted some joints of the 137 and by God we damn near pissed ourselves laughing. Laughing over nothing, just everything was the funniest thing in the world.

Everytime I smoked that plant, even alone, I was a laughing goon lol

Seeds from that phenotype are germinating now. What a special strain.

Like anything else, you have to grow as many as possible out to find what you are looking for. With the Cindy it's in there and not uncommon so a great place to start.

Works so well I just got done laughing about that day as I recalled it typing this.
way back , lots of growers were growing and talking about C99 - people just seemed to love it so much but at the time I didn´t understand why exactly. Thanks for this info. It´s always been on my list but now it´s gone right into the top 10 ! :))))))

bibi40

that' sthe kind of effect i got from edibles like each time , with no particular strains , so can argue about that , but must said ...
can't said about particular strain when smokin' , but encounter that a lot of times ...

i' m not sure if it' s strain or mood dependent .

:tiphat:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Interesting that there's a lot of diverse varieties that can have this effect.

I'm surprised that C99 is one of them. I've only grown a few but they were underwhelming to say the least. @Lester Beans, did you have to grow out hundreds to find that one; #137? I am not in a position to grow that number of anything. Still very much illegal where I am. Malwai is looking like a good option to me but I might look at other suggestions too.

Just to make a point that some are missing; laughing weed has zero to do with set and setting, or tolerance. I am talking of weed that does this consistently no matter the person or the environment.

Dime

I'm surprised that C99 is one of them. I've only grown a few but they were underwhelming to say the least. @Lester Beans, did you have to grow out hundreds to find that one; #137? I am not in a position to grow that number of anything. Still very much illegal where I am. Malwai is looking like a good option to me but I might look at other suggestions too.

Just to make a point that some are missing; laughing weed has zero to do with set and setting, or tolerance. I am talking of weed that does this consistently no matter the person or the environment.
I haven't tried this one or any of his seeds but it could be true,he has been around for a long time

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

Malawi is devastating and never once made we want to laugh, more like scared to laugh lol.

I grew out a pack of Hazemans C99 that run, 13 plants. 6 females.

I have grown out the original Bros Grimm, Joey Weed, Female Seeds, Peak seeds (I think), Hazeman, and have Kwik Seeds line on deck.
image_2109679.jpg
image000001 (1).jpg
image000000(12).jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Lester, what a beautiful plant!

Regarding the Malawi, I was going on what Tangwena said about his Malawi. I have grown ACE's version and I agree, no laughter, more of an introspective, narcotic high.

mexweed

Veteran
laughing weed for me always tended to have euphoria specifically in the crown chakra, felt like your brain was being tickled

early_bird

Veteran
I grew out a pack of Hazemans C99 that run, 13 plants. 6 females.

I have grown out the original Bros Grimm, Joey Weed, Female Seeds, Peak seeds (I think), Hazeman, and have Kwik Seeds line on deck.
How the C99 from the different breeders compare ?
I was growing C99 from Female Seeds, quick flowering, good yield, great fruity smell and good bag apeal, but was to racy and nervous for me, personally wouldn´t it consider as laughing weed.

Was ist very similar to the orginal Brother Grimm´s ?
Would be awesome to hear some experience about that.

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
early_bird what year did you buy Female Seeds C'99?

I've been growing C'99 from FS for about 10 years. The last purchase was in 2019 and all plants from that period (2013-2019) gave a nice cheerful high, exactly as described by FS on their website "a warm, glowing, happy and uplifting effect".
I am a person who easily gets paranoid, nervous, fast heartbeat from THC but C'99 from FS is one of the strains that has never given me a nervous high.

Dime

How the C99 from the different breeders compare ?
I was growing C99 from Female Seeds, quick flowering, good yield, great fruity smell and good bag apeal, but was to racy and nervous for me, personally wouldn´t it consider as laughing weed.

Was ist very similar to the orginal Brother Grimm´s ?
Would be awesome to hear some experience about that.
It can depend on the pheno,amount of ingestion and harvest timing

Buzzzzd

This summer one of my goals is to grow the same stuff
I am waiting with baited breath (smells like worms)!!!!
Did you put some in the ground????? This sounds like what I have been chasing.
Stay well!!!!

Reactions: X15

rolandomota

Veteran
Well I am dubious of the descriptions but ace killer a5 has that high description uncontrollable hilarity as part of the high in killer a5 probably coming from a5 haze. My mind is telling me it's probably more bullshit hyped descriptions. Has anyone experienced this from killer a5 ? maybe a lightweight low tolerance smoker might get that effect
Let's put @dubi to the test after all its why we are all here right? To buy seeds with real honest descriptions and not be misled so let's hear them people all those I can't stop laughing off killer a5 experiences.

Here is A quote from the breeders
@Tropical seeds
Maybe our very most loved plant to use when breeding is Ciskei. It’s a line we love to work with because it is a unique sativa with an endless potential full of virtues : great vigour, compact, quick, forming big and heavy buds. Many agree with us and tell how, when they smoke this lady with friends, they all end up having some loud laughter. This is something we look for and tend to also be forming part when hybridising with Ciskei. We feel it is a perfect tool to also reduce size and flowering times of bigger African lines, for example… tending to also increase the final yield. We will, no doubt, continue to work hard with Ciskei for a long time.

Strain: Ciskei
Strain Type: Highland SouthAfrican 5th generation
Type: Regular
Flowering times: 65-75 days
Yield: High yielder indoor and outdoors
Bouquet: From pine-green apple-spicy to more fruity and citric
Effect: Sativa high, stimulating and funny
Breeder: Herbaria ( SW ), HdB ( IT ), aeros ( SP ), Garru ( SP )

One of our star plants. Very homogeneous with a medium final size that makes it a perfect choice for both indoor and outdoors. A fast flowering one, forming hard buds with a high calyx to leaf ratio. Ripe fruit and citrus-orange scents, also finding an easily noticeable green-acid apple phenotype too. Very pleasant and rewarding stain in all kind of grows. Interesting effect, in the most funny and stimulating sativa side. Many find it the perfect tool to enjoy and laugh when having a good time with friends !

So let's hear those experiences from the ones who have grown these strains thus is my contribution to this thread I was wondering why nobody mentioned these 2 strains doesn't anyone read descriptions anymore and hold breeders accountable?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I can't comment on the Killer/A5 but I've enjoyed many varieties I've grown from ACE and find their descriptions mostly accurate. In fact, they are my seedbank of choice. The reason I've not grown it is that ACE Malawi is one of the few strains of theirs I did not really like, so I don't grow it, or any crosses. I have some seeds of Thai/A5 which I plan to grow at some point.

I have some Malawi and crosses from another source though which I am excited about. It will be a while before I can grow them but may document it here.

On descriptions, yes I read them. I bought Laughing Buddha due to the description, but no laughter was to be had.

RobFromTX

I didnt care for the malawi either. In my experience African sativas arent that happy upbeat buzz that mexican and thai varieties can possess. Theyre devastatingly psychoactive, especially nigerian black. I cant even drive or nothing after smoking them. Not that they dont have their fanbase

Chi13

ICMag Donor
One African sativa that is happy and upbeat is ACE Ethiopian. It is a mild but extremely good feeling high. Not laughter material but I loved it. Was my go to afternoon walk strain while I had it. Come to think of it, I should grow it again. Many would find it too weak but I loved it. Varied a little in phenos but if you get the right one, fantastic! There's also a colder spookier pheno that was less enjoyable so you need to search.

Tangwena

Veteran
Good Malawi/Mulanje ect makes everything funny you get really sarcastic about everything, even laughing at your own thoughts.
I always wish I could record some of the shit I spout when I'm high on that gear it would be priceless in a comedy routine ha ha.
I love it. Once coming home on a late night train high as a kite. I had the whole carriage full of people in stitches ha ha. So much so that at the next station two security guards boarded our carriage to make sure everyone was cool.
Once they saw it was just good fun they relaxed and joined in the banter ha ha.
It wakes up your mind and makes it sharp thats why you poke fun at everything.