What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

labtec

Kootenay thanks. I wanted to really utilize the vertical space.

RipVanWeed awesome setup. I've been by your thread before and was amazed. I like how clean everything is. I'm learning alot from you as well. Thanks.

DiscoBiscuit you are awesome. I can't wait to see your vertical when you get it going.

NEARTHEBEACHBOY thanks for stopping by. Yeah I moved up a little from micro. Alright, maybe I moved up alot. I'm living in the Pacific Northwest now instead of the midwest, so I wanted to jump up a little. I also now have an awesome selection of genetics.

HEHE bterzz yeah that girl is pretty yellow. It's gotta be the hps because it's green when I look at it here. Actually it's a new strain I developed.hehe

turbolaser4528 thanks for stopping. I hope it does pretty good for me.

I'm actually almost done building my other chamber for my single 600 watt hps. I should finish within the next day or two. No real rush since my clones are finally busting out some good roots. Pics are coming very soon.

labtec

Thanks growbot for coming by.

Actually when I water I take out each plant and put them on the floor. When I water i give them each about 5 seconds of water then let them all chill for about a minute, then I do the same thing 2 more times. It usually produces perfect runoff which gets collected in the trays that the pots sit into. When the plants are a bit bigger I'm going to probably water them a little bit longer each time.

There's no real science to why I do it this way, I just like to let them soak up the water for a little bit so it gets evenly distributed before I give them another pass.

labtec

Thanks for stopping by everyone. I'm almost done building my last 600 watt chamber so I'm almost up to 1800 watts. Here's my close to finished chamber.

And here's another shot of where it's going to be, which is right next to my double chamber.

Here's a shot of me feeding my girls. Today I started off with some mycorrhizae and added a little bit of liquid karma and some alg-a-mic, which is a liquified seaweed concentrate. I know that liquid karma also is derived from kelp, but I wanted to add both of them.

And finally here's a shot of the bottom of my double chamber. These girls have been exploding the last couple of days.

labtec

I just finished up the single 600 watt chamber. Finally 1800 watts. Here's some shots of the chambers together, and then the top of the single chamber.

I'm going to transplant a few girls tomorrow, then a few the next, and so on until she's full.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Bravo. I bet your feeling pretty damn good right now. Does it make growing with a 150w seem like playing in the sand box?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you cabs are cool, but I also think you could do 1800watts of digitial HPS alot more justice with that amount of space and you current equipment. Interested in seeing how you do, good luck.

labtec

Hehe yeah it does catman. I'm loving it. It's alot more work, but def worth it.

Pureknowledge wow, thanks I guess. Any ideas on how to use it better or are you just gonna rip on my setup. By the way I'm liking your setup, looks awesome.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
labtec, def not ripping on your setup :) I really do like to see innvoative ideas tested. All I meant is you have a decent amount of equipment and space, and I think if used differently you could have a higher yield.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
If he wanted to make more use out of that space he would be building more chambers.

sneakinman13

Veteran
right on man. that 3'rd 6 is gonna make all the diff for you..
can't wait to see what kinda yeilds you can pull with this setup
good luck!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
word im surprised you dont have heat issues with those 600's, i have an aircooled 600 in a 3x3x7 and its tuff to keep it in the mid 70's I cant imagine it not being aircooled. But with the fan blowing air over it and up and with the heat from the bulb going up i guess its possible.hmmm

C

corkushy

lookin real nice you should try some AF strains you could get a lot of them in there with 1 gallon pots

F

fully baked

lookin real nice you should try some AF strains you could get a lot of them in there with 1 gallon pots

AF make me sad indoors... Isn't that what 12/12 is for??

AF are great for an early harvest outdoors though...

My :2cents:

Looking great labtec, I'll be watching.

- saved post 420 just for you... -

labtec

Cheesebuds yep I moved up to the big time, well big time for me that is. Ive learned alot the last year and I've decided to see if i could make something out of that knowledge. thanks for coming bye.

Thanks again DiscoBiscuit.

Pureknowledge no worries. It's just kind of weird going into someones thread and saying they could do things better. I know youre trying to help it just comes off weird. Like I said though you're setup is awesome, looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks catman, you are the man. I'll have some new pics for ya soon.

sneakinman13 thanks, yeah I do think that extra 600 is going to make a huge difference.I'll keep everyone up to date.

turbolaser4528 the double chamber is the perfect temp(74-78. I just got really lucky. The single chamber though gets pretty hot(up to 86ish). I'm going to find a fan for it and put a duct from the exhaust fan to the room I duct the other chamber to.

corkushy thanks for coming by. I'm not a big fan of af plants. I want to be able to control when they flower. thanks though i bet that would yield alot. You should try it out.

fully baked I'm honored to be your 420th. Always stoked to see you come by. more pics to come soon.

Damn another one!your gonna have bud coming out of your ass.lol.anyway,it looks good.I'm thinking of getting a 600 for my next setup.maybe two on a flip flop.i was thinking about building a hydro setup.but really haven't decided yet.have you thought about going dro on this setup?and if you have.what kind of setup would you go with?

labtec

NEARTHEBEACHBOY thanks boy for coming by. I haven't really thought about hydro besides maybe a ebb and flow coco grow. I would have to definitely rig something up for the tray system in my setup now. I'm just gonna stay with organic soil and nutes for now. Hopefully I will have buds coming out of my ass.

VeticalGrowBot thanks man. will do

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Ever since I put that other chamber in my temps have been kinda high and my girls are showing it. They're all droopy and the leaves are curled on the little new growth that I have. I did move the single chamber over and made a spot in between the two chambers so I could put a fan there to blow fresh cool air where the intakes are. Here's some shots of my girls in their sad state:

Does anyone know what is happening here. Like I said I think it was the heat. But at the same time i put the new chamber in I fed them the mychorrizae,kelp and liquied karma mix. maybe they didnt like it. Any suggestions. They do look like they are overwatered, but I definitely didnt overwater, if anything underwater.