What's new

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

labtec

Danks GMax. I'm learning more about vert everyday. Little things here and there that can make a huge difference.

Here's a pic of all of my girls in veg and one of my super lemon haze seeds popping through the soilless mix.

N

nukkumatti

That romulan looks JUICY!! :) ..sexo man sexo

I been hearing some good things about that SLH..Good luck bro!!

N

nukkumatti

Yo bro! ;)
How are you gonna fix the 2400w??
Two times stacked lights alongside??

:)

labtec

Wazup nukkumatti.
I'm going to keep the 1200 watt chamber that I'm rocking now and then possibly build a chamber like you said with 2 bulbs next to each other like a bobblehead one. It will be 8x4x5(l,w,h)with a 6"vortex with a phresh filter. I'm going to try out a quantum digi ballast. Ever tried one out?

N

nukkumatti

Jeah mon
Never had opportunity to grow with digi ballasts. Have watched few grows with em but haven't used myself.
Well I think people are not using them for nothing so to say.
Coil ones are easy to repair and cheap cheap.Like I am cheap cheap! :D

labtec

Hey nukku, wazup bro? I mixed up some organic soil. It was LC's mix #2 with nute recipe #1. It's going to be fun watching my girls feeding off of organic nutes.

Here's some pics of a few of my girls on day 59 into flower.

Here's a couple pictures of bogbubbles that I let go a little too long. I'm chopping two of them down tomorrow.

:wave: Long time lurker here. Awesome pix labtec :jump: Looks like you're on your way to another nice harvest. :bow:
Admire your set up. Must ask though,,, do you find it difficult to check on those plants way in the back in your grow? How difficult is it to do your training back there?

labtec

thanx johnnybutt, I appreciate it.

Dank you packerbacker. hehe, the plants in the back were a pain in the ass to get to. I truthfully didn't do too much to them once they were about 3 weeks into flower. The only girls that I wish i would have trained more were the og kushes. they grew through the screen a little more than I expected, and a few got slightly burnt.

I'm learning tons off of selfemployed's grow, which is amazing. I'm super jealous.hehe. I plan on building one chamber and utilizing the stadium grow style, and keeping my straight vertical chamber. I want to somehow make the chamber i have now a little bigger, but I'll have to experiment a little with that. well back to trimming....

labtec

Here's some shots of the plants on the lower level. 5 big og kushes in 3 gallon pots, one big headband in a 3 gallon pot and then one small romulan in a one gallon pot. I cut them on around day 70.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Things seem to be going more smoothly lately eh? They look great. They are especially fat this go around!

bobblehead

Veteran
Amazing! You have grown by leaps and bounds dude! I can't wait to see what you turn out now that the temps are coming down. :D

Just wait till you see my babies. :) I'm not playing around anymore either.

G

GMax

looking good bro.. are you only rocking one level these days ?? how was the yeild compared to two levels ?? keep up the good work i enjoy watching

bobblehead

Veteran
Let me help you out here bro... I'm just amazed. Very nice grow, and this is just half of it!
attachment.php

Attachments

• labtec.jpg
    labtec.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 17

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Labtec, is that the normal height you keep your bulb? Would it not be better to lower it a little bit as to maximize the light raws normal the lighting element? I imagine most people place the light higher up because for some reason it seems to make more sense to have the most light at the top of the plants because that is were the biggest colas grow, but in a jungle of buds like so I would think it would be best just to make sure all of the light is being used. This would be a way to maximize quantity though it might effect quality in the sense you wouldn't get as nice looking top colas.

I know that having my bulb too high entering flower definitely caused my plants to stretch more, but I'm not sure how what is the optimal position of the bulb regarding the height of the colas and overall plant production.

Is it just me or are the girls taller this time around? With my 150w vertical I was surprised that some strains still manged to produce dense buds right above the soil line were they didn't get much light at all. Some and probably most strains produce worthless excuses for buds, but I never trim them off because they are perfectly good for making extracts.

This seems like a question that you would think there would be many threads on and maybe there is, but I can't find them and I've goggled for hours at a time and can't find shit.

johnny butt

You have to remember he has his second shelf in there too, soaking up the lumens from the top bulb !!!

Keep the shots coming, cause those colas are fat!

D

DonkDBZ

Thanks Dr happy. Unfortunately on my first two runs I didn't achieve 1 gram per watt. I only got a little over half a gram per watt, which is decent, but not what I was expecting switching to vertical. I did learn a lot from the past runs, which I've utilized on this run, which I hope to get closer to one gram per watt. Yep I'm only running 1200 watts now, but will actually be running 2400 watts very soon. Yes I do have two levels of plants.

What I have come to realize is 1st a lot of people are giving bullshit numbers. Flat or Vert. or if there numbers are real they leave a lot of leaf.

Next is genetics. You grow a lot of kushes and low yielding girls. But they looking hella frosty and dank.

True wattage. People running Air conditioners might as well count that as a 1000 watt bulb.

Like me you running a low plant count so its all about a good veg and really filling the screen up correctly. On my last run if the girls would have been taller I would have had another pound but would have need to veg for another week.

Ditch the soil and organics. Get some hydro going.

Nugs are looking great!

labtec

Yes they are going a lot smoother this time Catman, although it still got a little hotter than I wanted in there resulting in a few very slightly burnt buds. This next time I plan on growing 6 massive og kush girls in there, but making the screen a lot bigger. I had another shelf with 9 plants on there, so I ended up not wasting any light this round. Those og kushes in the picture stretched about 3 times after i switched them into flower. Danks for coming by.

nukkumatti, ah yeah. I had to stop trimming because I ran out of room in my drying room(the old 600 watt grow chamber). Thats a good thing, right?

GMax, thanks for stopping by. I ran two levels on this run. The yield looks pretty good, but I know I can make some improvements. Thanks.

bobblehead I appreciate that. hehe I was trying to figure out how to do that, but gave up.:) I look forward to seeing your pics. I bet you're just killing it.

thanks johnny butt, more pics for you very soon. I'm tasting little samples here and there and man are they tasty. My lemon purps taste pretty good.

Wow hawaiiOG, thanks. always nice to hear people compliment your stuff. I learn a lot every grow. A ton of little things here and there add up to a huge difference.

Yeah I know what you mean about the numbers, it's a big pissing match for tons of peeps. I loved what you did with your plant count. beautiful. As for the hydro, maybe. This next run will be my first with organics, so we'll see how that goes. thanks bro