What's new

Labtec's 1800 watt vertical Lab

Thanks guys for everything. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, there's not much to show. I had to completely take everything down and clean up the whole basement for an inspection which happened this morning. Everything went awesome, I just put garbage bags over my girls and put them in the back of my suv. Then I tore my tents down, which took about 3 hours for both of them, and put the parts in my friends truck. The landlord was in and out in about 30 minutes with me just bs'ing with her for most of the time. Now is the fun part. Putting it back together. At least I know everything is clean now.hehe

Ug. I had the flooring replaced recently. glad to hear everything went smoothly.

1DankBasement

The garden looks great Labtec! I would kill for a 1.5Lb harvest...but I'm still far from 1200...Can't wait to see that BOGBubble in her full glory.

labtec

Thanks everyone for the good vibes. 1dankbasement thanks, ill show some pics when the girls start to show some buds.

I unfortunately found a few thrips eating on my romulan girls, so i went out and bought some spinosad and sprayed it on the girls this morning right as the lights went out. I haven't seen any mites this time, but I'm still going to spray some forbid in 4 days just to make sure. After I spray the forbid I'm going to train my girls a little bit by fastening some of the branches to my screen. Then I'll setup my drip irrigation again so i don't have to water every other day.

I'm liking the roots coco soilless mix that I'm using, the girls have been exploding with new growth. I might end up having to water them every day towards the end of flower, which wouldn't be so bad with the drip setup.

labtec

Here's a picture update for everyone.These shots are of my girls on day 9 into flowering. The first shot is of the first 7 girls I put in right after their watering. It was pretty late when I watered, so I didn't setup my drip irrigation. Tonight I'm going to setup my drip setup and also put a bigger screen in there.

Here is a picture of how I train my og kush's around my top shelf.

Then here are a few shots of all of my girls in the chamber.

I'll finish the show off with a few pictures looking down at the lights.

1DankBasement

Lovin' the grow man, would you suggest vertical? Thinking about switching my style up to increase yield. Kind of want to use my 430 to pump out some auto flowers in a micro cab while I find a way to flower more ladies-more efficiently...The 430 in the tent just isn't cutting it for me

labtec

Hey thanks 1DankBasement. Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you. A vertical micro cab would be awesome, especially since it sounds like you already have the everything you need. keep us updated.

bobblehead that would be sweet. Have you checked out sunnydog's vertical grow. That's where a lot of my inspiration came from.

vintner, always nice to see you around, it's been awhile. Dank You.

Well I took some shots tonight of my girls. They are on their 17th day of flower. This first shot is of the whole chamber. Notice how I put a bigger cage in and setup my drip irrigation setup. I love it.

Here is a picture of my bogbubble that I'm growing out. I have one more bogbubble, but it's buried.

The last two shots are just random.

labtec

Thanks choch, I hope you're right.

I just got done making some bubble hash out of the trim from the first two grows. Here is a shot of said bubble hash.

labtec

vintner danks, i will indeed enjoy.hehe

danks for stopping by the lab DiscoBiscuit.

skankwhisperer danks. Ill get my other 600 watt chamber going in about a month.

Catman these pics are for you. they are on day 22 right after i turned the lights off.

heres a shot of my bogbubble blowing up.

labtec

Hey real ting, the temp at the canopy is around 82-86. It really depends on the temp outside since I don't run cooltubes. The temperature I'm not so worried about, but the humidity can get up to the lower 60's. I'm searching craigslist all the time for a dehumidifier. I'll get one really soon, even if I have to buy a new one.

I also have some pics to show of my girls on day 28.

real ting

That's pretty good for bare bulbs in close quarters. What do outside temps reach when you are getting up around 85 in the canopy? Do you run your lights at night?

BTW I copied your light mounting for a mockup, and it looks like it will work out really well. Not exactly the same, I had bare sockets that I wired into electrical ceiling boxes, but the same concept with the cable clamps and eye bolts. Thanks for the idea man. The closeups were invaluable. I abandoned the bulb pointing up idea, though over winter I thought I might try to incorporate it with a 400w cmh added at the bottom.

The humidity can bring mold or PM problems, but some prominent bare bulb tree growers advocate high humidity in all but the last few weeks of flowering. Krusty even recommended up to 70% RH, but I think he ran sulfur burners. If your strains don't get mildew or mold it might be beneficial to leave it for the first 5-6 weeks of flowering.

Another question I had, what is the radius of your cage? How deep into the canopy do you get good bud development? I was thinking of a 16" radius and a 12" deep canopy, based on the calculations here, http://www.verticalherbs.com/calculator.html . It would be just one level though, and only 4 plants, so more veg time.

Yours looks to fill out really well, the top down shots look great. Do they reach much further towards the bulbs flowering progresses?

labtec

Hey real ting, I do run my lights at night. I run them from 9 pm to 9 am. I guess the temps outside at the hottest time the lights are on, 9 pm, usually hover around 70 during the summer.

Your welcome for the cable idea. I used to work at a hardware store, so I would help people set stuff up with steel cable and cable clamps. After a few times doing this I thought it would be the perfect solution to hang bulbs vertically. Yeah, the bulb pointing up idea might be hard to do, but you never know until you try it.

They do seem to like the high humidity. The buds are starting to get pretty big though. I need to get a dehumidifier soon.

The radius of my cage is 11". I do get buds 8 to 10" away from the screen, but they tend to be small. Ideally I would like about a 16" radius, but I just don't have the room in my chamber. I would think that the 12" deep canopy might be a little deep since the buds on the screen take up almost all of the light.

They seem to have stopped growing towards the light. A few leaves here and there have a few light burns, but I'm not worried.

You should start a thread in the vertical section real ting, It would be awesome to check it out.

sfzoo

hey labtec, cab is rockin!

how do the girls do in 85f? i'm topping out there and am considering a bigger fan or portable ac...do the girls like it that hot?

labtec

hey sfzoo thanks for stopping by. The girls seem to be rocking it in the mid 80's. I do plan on getting a dehumidifier, so hopefully at a little lower relative humidity, the temp will lower a few degrees. We'll see. I might get an ac later, who knows.