What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LA Pure...what a kush should look like?

MrDank

Veteran
Nice plants CBF

If the "pure" (I always laugh when I say Pure Kush) Kush, the Puss Kush, and the Bubba Kush are all so similar, which is the best? and I am talking potency

l_d_d

Excellent thread CBF!!

Hey wassup D :wave:
I think the bubba is more potent... initially!!... the pure/puss cuts through the tolerance for longer imho. With that said tho, u cant take anything away from the pk!! It is bomb....

They pk imho does just have more head to it, as upon exhale it really gets me usually with a big toke. I really like them both. Hard to pick a favorite taste wise too... both nice and deep but different flaves. Ive heard both from people as to which they like best.

Ever since I first saw pics of that Socal Master Kush Ive always thought it did for sure look lots lots like pk.

Some of youz guys might have seen these b4 but heres some old pics I did under a spectra max... bubba and pk. It was gettin cold so they colored up very nice.

edit: those were just small clones thrown in real early, basically no veg, just as a kinda tester side by side thang.. the light wasnt super close either. They were rotated all the time with each other.

Last edited:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
nephew has some purple kush and it smells like lime.. hmmmm..
its a baby cut so time will tell.. peace..

sack

wick650

My Pure Kush is super hardy, it will take considerable abuse and still come out top shelf. IMO its a pretty much fool proof strain. It yeilds horribly though unless scrogged and veg'd.

I personally think the PK has a bit of an advantage over bubba in terms of quality.... but the strains are so similar. I don't think many smokers would care, nor even be able to tell a difference between a expert grown Bubba and PK sample. Suge used to call the PK cut Bubba Kush on the forums up until a certain point when he then switched up and started calling it Pure Kush. Pure kush could just be re-named bubba kush in response to all the bubba varients emerging on the So Cal scene, who knows maybe its the "pure" Bubba cut... or maybe it is really just an Bubba Kush Selfed seed plant? Who knows?

Docta-
The reason why I don't think my cut is the "puss" is b/c I reveived my cut from a person whom received it directly from Suge. I am always sceptical but I really doubt the would have got it from a DHK'r... my PK source does'nt go on the forums but is trusted and well known by many in this community. I'd rather use P.M's to get into more details over the identity of my source. But as said before I would love for you to try my PK to get a final opinon on it, hopefully we can meet up when your out here :wave:

G

yeah no problem wick, completely understandable...i wasn't saying your's is the DH's at all. Based on your description, i have always thought your pure k is suge's and not the puss b/c the puss isn't nearly as incensy perfumy as the pure. chat ya later

J

JeffSpicoli

heres my Pure Kush
Still real tiny, she had a rough early life, but is finally startin to look pretty :)
so is there a difference from puss/pure?

wick650

What up Jay :wave: How did your PK turn out?

Well anyways in regards to the puss... I belive O.G of overgrow got a pure kush cut and re-named it the puss kush. I believe Bluntman's description was it's a vigerous, fruity smelling kush cross. Hopefully weedzilla will pop in regarding the puss cut b/c he probably knows the most of all of us on that cut.

Last edited:
G

think ldd is the guy that has the info, as hes the one that has passed it around.

CBF

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
I have one that is looking fucking SWEET... when the lights kick back on I'ma snap some shots for us. Maybe only a week left on her. Really like the way this one is finishin. peace to all.

aeric

Veteran
My uneducated guess based on looking at many pics of puss/pure here on IC is that they are the same, what gets confusing for me is Suges pics where they are very mature, with downturned leaves, the downward curl makes the fans look wider and much more indica than they are.... and whatever growing method/environment he had but looking at his less mature pics....it seems obvious, they are the same. Again this is based on pics, not experience...yet.

Great thread here CBF we need more folks showing off thier puss/pure in a less caustic thread than Suges. In a couple weeks I should have some nice early flo shots lol, you're way ahead of me.

S'more veg comparo shots

Last edited:
J

JeffSpicoli

wick650 said:
You got it from a club?

yea i got it up in the SFV, and it is from Swerve :woohoo:

Her and the pre98 Bubba are such sloooooow veggers

G

yeah that pk is suges pk. not the cut above.. suge wishes he had this cut.. and 5-4-3-2-1 the suge and me sit will be erected.

but the la pure is truly amazing grows like my orignal bubba slow as shit... slower than a 600lb person doing a triathalon... branches hella good though..

G

From what i can see and what i've been told - the la pure/piss/puss that gets touted as suge's pk are not the same even tho they look similar. I could be wrong because i have no personal experience with either strain. I do find it interesting how people say it's the same but haven't smoked any of suge's pure from the man himself to compare with the piss/puss :chin:

I did save a bunch of pics of these various kushes to study and cross reference so here's some pics for those that wanna do their due diligence :

Suge's mom that he thought was bubba but ended up being PK (Nspecta's archived pic)

382810092bubbak-med.jpg

Suge's PK from HG

38281415pk_flo_vegn-med.JPG

Note the consistent large middle 3 fingers on the fans along with the inverted/taco shell leaf. If your cuts are looking like this in veg then you may have it

For what's worth i asked WZ (along with a few others) his opinion on this whole thing - to see if his thoughts on this mirrored my speculations and they did. He said that the Puss kush is not Suge's Pure and the Piss Kush may even be different from the Puss. His opinions on the subject may have changed so i hope he weighs in on this. If they are indeed the same then i kinda shot myself since i passed up a trade at the time :pointlaug

Good luck finding the Truth peoples..

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Normally I don't toke the same strain 2 times in a row. Truth.. Since I've had a couple harvests of this bubba and puss kush, It's damn difficult to pull myself away from them. In fact I have toked straight bubba for 4 days now. The effect of a nice long toke is straight nirvana. I can feel it crushing my head as it's inhaled and held for just a couple seconds. The most shittinest eatinest grins everytime. I actually had a friend want to know why i never fixed him up with some bubba. So I toked a nice Hempire full of it. After a few tokes he started to get the drift... It's hands down top 5 effect IMHO. Along with T-haze and Puss kush, Airborne G13 and MTF. Can't forget G13xhashplant aquired from Luv. Thanks hoss...
:woohoo: