What's new

Kiloz adventures

Luke.

Can you send me a link to this? Ty

Unfortunately, I can't. :(

I just heard that from a spanish friend who grows indoor for a long time. Maybe I didn't understand correctly (relating to my poor spanish speaking, it's very possible...).

Sorry if it's just a urban legend. :smoke out:

See ya

sprinkl

Veteran
So how's that SMScom controller working for you? Is there absolutely no hum with this controller? Really interested in this as a non-humming fan controller is on top of my list.

Kiloz

So how's that SMScom controller working for you? Is there absolutely no hum with this controller? Really interested in this as a non-humming fan controller is on top of my list.

Its working very good. Id highly recommend it.
I actually sleep about 20-50cm away from the fan, its right next to my pillow.
Its a CanFan 125mm, 300m3/h i think. I sleep without a problem as long as the fan is working at low speeds. Its been working on low speed for every night for about 4 months. So id say it works pretty good :)

But it has a lot to do with the fan, without a high quality fan the smscom fancontroller wont do much about the sound at low speed if the fan is shit.

Edit: I've been using and selling SMScom products for a couple of years. Their Twincontroller is actually pretty good. I would not recommend the normal fan controller or the "smart controller". Im pretty sure that they are not using "motion flow", but the twin controller is.

The twincontroller PRO has an extra function that launches some random pattern for the fan that makes it go up and down in effect to control the humidity in some way.

Home this help :)

Ps. sorry for my questionable english, im drunk..

Heimdallr

Hi mate.

Generally smaller fans don't hum on the SMS controllers. Larger fans on the other hand do, in which case you're going to need one of the SMS hybrid controllers which are mechanical and not digital like the 4.5a etc.

Kiloz

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

50 days now, time to harvest soon.

sprinkl

Veteran
Wow Kiloz, they are getting fat now, I think you will have a good yield!

Hi mate.

Generally smaller fans don't hum on the SMS controllers. Larger fans on the other hand do, in which case you're going to need one of the SMS hybrid controllers which are mechanical and not digital like the 4.5a etc.

I use a 125mm RVK with 300m³/h airflow. A cheap dimmer like for normal house bulbs makes it hum really bad below a certain speed. Above that speed it doesn't hum bad but does make some noise which indicates to me it's suffering.
It was my understanding that any non-mechanical dimmer works the same way, by cutting the power instead of the voltage.
Most of the reviews I read that say the SMS twincontrollers cause hum are 4 years old though. Maybe they changed it. Though I'm not going to risk buying one if I'm not sure... Puksupport has some cheaper alternatives than the mechanical SMSCOM which seem good.

Heimdallr

Go for mechanical if your budget allows totally. I find anything below 30% makes my fans buzz - I don't run under 30% as most manufacturers recommend you don't because, iirc, your fan can't cool it's internal components quick enough? That could be made up though lol

unk1

Thanks!!

The tangerine dream seedlings i moved to my propagation tent and then forgot about them for 24hours, was way too warm in there so they died! :dance013:
The grow before this one i did Tangerine Dream. The buds were beautiful and the smoke was real nice, very "harmonic".

awwww, sorry to hear. at least you got to try them before. how were they to work with?

Kiloz

awwww, sorry to hear. at least you got to try them before. how were they to work with?

Very easy to work with, mine was very indica dominant i think. fast compact grower and i think it finished in 8-9 weeks.

picture.php

Tangerine Dream (General Organics + BioBizz, soil)

Latest posts

Latest posts