What's new

Kiloz adventures

sprinkl

Veteran
They look good let's hope they finish on time! If they have to go because you have new plants waiting you could leave them in a dark room for a few days, they will continue to flower and ripen...

I always read the software driven/dimmer fan controllers would give some fan noise, does your fan make noise at low speeds? Because it sure is a more economical option than the more expensive step transformers I've been looking into...

Luke.

Hi Kiloz,

Nice grow, good strain and great gear. :good:

I realize now why you laughed with me about overpopulation and difficulties for watering. :biggrin:

Have fun. :woohoo:

Kiloz

Some nice bits of gear there fella, those adjustable ballasts are a fantastic thing.
There's some interesting info from a guy called DJM on here about high humidity, your thing might help with that. It's a thread called "Coco Trees", well worth a read.
Thanks. ye i really like this ballast, using the same on my veg tent.

I'm gonna check that thread out, thanks.

The SMSCOM fan controllers are awesome, dude. I've recently had to replace mine as it was acting weird (fans weren't ramping up/down just staying static), but after 4 years of continual use I can't complain great piece of kit! Got the same one to replace it :)

All the best H
Yeah man they really are great.

Had a couple break down just like you said, but this ones been going for a while. they do a really good work with the temps tbh. Right now i'm not using any intake fan cus the tent is just so small.

:tiphat:

They look good let's hope they finish on time! If they have to go because you have new plants waiting you could leave them in a dark room for a few days, they will continue to flower and ripen...

I always read the software driven/dimmer fan controllers would give some fan noise, does your fan make noise at low speeds? Because it sure is a more economical option than the more expensive step transformers I've been looking into...

Hey sprinkl!

Thanks man :) I probably gonna wait for them to mature fully, atleast 2-3 of the plants should be good in 2 weeks.

"The Twincontroller is software controlled with Motion Flow and not mechanical like other controllers. Therefore, it reacts completely differently to the usual controllers.
This new technique means no more temperature fluctuations and fan noise is kept to a minimum. "

-taken from the smscom's website.

Ive tried different fan controllers and as far as i know "Motion Flow" is what makes the fan sound "normal" running at low speed.

Most of the controllers i've tried (the cheaper ones) makes the fan sound quite a lot running at low speed.
But the twincontroller works perfectly, my 310m3/h canfan runs very quite at low speeds.

Ive got a TT150 fan (520m3/h) running with an SMSCOM "smart controller" not using motion flow, and from that you get some weird "humming" noise

Hi Kiloz,

Nice grow, good strain and great gear.

I realize now why you laughed with me about overpopulation and difficulties for watering.

Have fun.

Hey Luke. nice of you to stop by! :tiphat:

Kiloz

Little late to the show but can't wait to see end result :) I might of missed it, but what size is the tent you are running?

Not late at all, welcome :tiphat:

Tent is 80x80x120cm. Its pure shit!
Quality is so carp, bad light leaks and just stupid. Thankfully I've got a Mammoth(Secret Jardin) 90x90x200 ready for next grow :)

Not late at all, welcome :tiphat:

Tent is 80x80x120cm. Its pure shit!
Quality is so carp, bad light leaks and just stupid. Thankfully I've got a Mammoth(Secret Jardin) 90x90x200 ready for next grow :)

Ah thought looked a little small lol. I'm running 3'6"x3'6"x7' ones(grow lab gl100) I love em. Great price even the zippers don't leak!!! Lol

sprinkl

Veteran
Hey sprinkl!

Thanks man :) I probably gonna wait for them to mature fully, atleast 2-3 of the plants should be good in 2 weeks.

"The Twincontroller is software controlled with Motion Flow and not mechanical like other controllers. Therefore, it reacts completely differently to the usual controllers.
This new technique means no more temperature fluctuations and fan noise is kept to a minimum. "

-taken from the smscom's website.

Ive tried different fan controllers and as far as i know "Motion Flow" is what makes the fan sound "normal" running at low speed.

Most of the controllers i've tried (the cheaper ones) makes the fan sound quite a lot running at low speed.
But the twincontroller works perfectly, my 310m3/h canfan runs very quite at low speeds.

Ive got a TT150 fan (520m3/h) running with an SMSCOM "smart controller" not using motion flow, and from that you get some weird "humming" noise

That is interesting! I might try these then! The way it works sure is a lot more appealing than the hybrid controller, it only has 5 steps to switch between so probably not so good to keep a constant temperature without switching back and forth all the time.

I have a homebox 120x120x200, tent is ok and all, some light leaks around the velcro's. Problem is I was a complete noob when I got this, and the growshop just wanted to sell a big tent I guess, because this is way too big for my 400W :(

Kiloz

That is interesting! I might try these then! The way it works sure is a lot more appealing than the hybrid controller, it only has 5 steps to switch between so probably not so good to keep a constant temperature without switching back and forth all the time.

I have a homebox 120x120x200, tent is ok and all, some light leaks around the velcro's. Problem is I was a complete noob when I got this, and the growshop just wanted to sell a big tent I guess, because this is way too big for my 400W :(

If you're going to use something like the twin controller be sure not to buy the simplest and cheapest fan, i've had some problems with TT-fans, now using a bit more expensive CanFan, works much better.

Get a 600w, perfect for a 120x120 :) Id definitely got for a 1000w with a dimable(?) ballast :D

sprinkl

Veteran
I thought the issue was that these growing fans aren't simple fans(like a pc-fan, works fine with dimmers which is what you find in cheap fan controllers) but need some mechanical solution. I have an RVK fan, and a cheap dimmer lets it make a noise like it will blow up after a few hours. But this fan running at max speed sucks in so much fresh air it's hard to get a high enough temperature. And it makes a lot of noise in the vent. So I definitely need a solution.

Yeah a 600 or even 1000W is ideal for 1.2x1.2. I blame, besides myself, the growshop owner for letting me buy a tent that's too big without trying to sell me a bigger lamp :-/

Heimdallr

If you're going to use something like the twin controller be sure not to buy the simplest and cheapest fan, i've had some problems with TT-fans, now using a bit more expensive CanFan, works much better.

Get a 600w, perfect for a 120x120 :) Id definitely got for a 1000w with a dimable(?) ballast :D

Hey you'd be surprised, a 1000W light can work in a 120x120 I'm doing it myself! I imagine though that after this grow I will have to go back to the 600W over the summer though! Tent is hydrolab, its 120x120x230

Can you guys get the systemair RVK fans, or the Hyper fans over there? Or the Rhino fans? (Might be prima klima over there?) Best three in my experience by far.

Kiloz

---
Water for tomorrow.

4ml/L AN Sensibloom A&B
1ml/L General Organics Bio Thrive Bloom
3ml/L BioBizz Bio-Heaven
2ml/L ATAMI Atazyme
5ml/L Biobizz TopMax
1ml/L Buddhas Tree PK 9/18 (recommended is 0.25 - 0.50ml/L)

PH: 6.1 (Will try to remember to measure again tomorrow)
EC: 2.6 (Highest EC value yet this grow)
---

Last edited:

Kiloz

This is the PH and EC meter i use.

picture.php

Very good. Its an Essential. Created by Hydrogarden UK.

I've used a lot of different PH/EC meters, and these ones are by far better.
I've also used the Essentials Trident all-in-one meter (Ec/PH/Temp).
The Trident meter is totally shit, don't buy it.

Kiloz

2.6 ec is a little on the high side isn't it? Ideally you don't really want to be topping 1.6 ec max...

Yes, you are very right.
But this grow is experimental. I'm mixing Organic with Chemical and switching between a lot of different nutrients,

Remember these plants are grown from "hermie seeds" don't give a fuck about the quality really, i just have to pay my rent.

This grow has to give me 200g. If not, homeless :)

I don't even monitor my EC/ppm I mean honestly. You just mix the nutes to manufacture instructions and dial it down 1/4, 1/2 str whatever you want and it works lol. My plants are greener than ever, change out my water weekly, refresh the nutes. Bam :)

Kiloz

I don't even monitor my EC/ppm I mean honestly. You just mix the nutes to manufacture instructions and dial it down 1/4, 1/2 str whatever you want and it works lol. My plants are greener than ever, change out my water weekly, refresh the nutes. Bam :)

I only use an EC meter if I'm using way more nutrients than i should, or if doing hydro.

I'm usually using organic nutes at about half of manufacture recommended,with wormcastings and a mix of GK Organics bio grow. As soon as this one is ready to harvest i can start with girl scout haze cookies and snowland :)

I only use an EC meter if I'm using way more nutrients than i should, or if doing hydro.

I'm usually using organic nutes at about half of manufacture recommended,with wormcastings and a mix of GK Organics bio grow. As soon as this one is ready to harvest i can start with girl scout haze cookies and snowland :)

I run hydro buckets lol and don't minitor. I think a lot of it is marketing honestly.

How do you like running organic? Is there a big difference in the quality of the smoke?

Heimdallr

This is pretty bad advice. By monitoring E.C/PPM you know exactly what your plant is getting, from there you can also work out a complete NpKCAMG profile of what's in your tank, with recirculating systems such as that you use it's a way to tell if your plants are feeding and or if there are any problems.

If e.c was just marketing then why do nutrient company's write ridiculous dilutions in the bottle? You try using all of advances line at the recommended dilution and watch how quick your plants suffer.

This is pretty bad advice. By monitoring E.C/PPM you know exactly what your plant is getting, from there you can also work out a complete NpKCAMG profile of what's in your tank, with recirculating systems such as that you use it's a way to tell if your plants are feeding and or if there are any problems.

If e.c was just marketing then why do nutrient company's write ridiculous dilutions in the bottle? You try using all of advances line at the recommended dilution and watch how quick your plants suffer.

I run the whole advanced line actually. And don't have any problems produce good quality bud with minimal to no complications. I'm not telling him not too. Just sharing my experiences with it. But not gonna rob his thread lol.

I'm excited to see his plants finish!

Kiloz

I run the whole advanced line actually.

Thats advanced nutrients i guess? I've done some DWC using AN and they are definitely good at balancing PH & EC, id say go for whatever works :) As long as you don't use way too much and stick to the recommended values you don't really need to check the EC .

How do you like running organic? Is there a big difference in the quality of the smoke?

Totally love using organic nutes, the quality and taste i get from organic feels so much more natural and smooth. Quality is better imo but the harvest can suffer a little.
I'd love to try no-till organic like Team Microbe is (check out his thread), now thats truly natural :)

---
Water for tent #2

4ml/L BioBizz Root Juice
3ml/L BioBizz Grow

PH 6.1
EC 1.5
---